PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 twiss or astley?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: twiss or astley?  (Read 12915 times)

whopper

Re: twiss or astley?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 05:25:14 PM »

Sorry all I can see is people talking absolute sh*t, teddy won the champions league and a lot more premierships than any mentioned so he was obviously better than most strikers we've had
he was never first choice striker when he won those trophys, he was alway there as a sub.

you are making yourself look highly moronic. I don't doubt you had some people who agreed with you at the start of all this. however by now you are simply talking out of your arse.
sorry all I can see is more sh*t being written, fergie actually rotated Cole yorke sheringham solksaar from game to game to get the best out of them, teddy was not a  fringe player!!! So erm put that in ya pipe

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 05:41:56 PM »

Sorry all I can see is people talking absolute sh*t, teddy won the champions league and a lot more premierships than any mentioned so he was obviously better than most strikers we've had
he was never first choice striker when he won those trophys, he was alway there as a sub.

you are making yourself look highly moronic. I don't doubt you had some people who agreed with you at the start of all this. however by now you are simply talking out of your arse.
sorry all I can see is more sh*t being written, fergie actually rotated Cole yorke sheringham solksaar from game to game to get the best out of them, teddy was not a  fringe player!!! So erm put that in ya pipe
lets look at the facts shall we?

in the 1998/99 season...

teddy sheringham  11 starts 16 from bench 5 goals
dwight yorke 48 starts 3 from bench 29 goals
andy cole 43 starts 7 from bench 24 goals
ole solskaer 17 starts 20 from bench 18 goals

I put it to you that teddy sherringham was indeed a fringe player who when winning these titles (which happened between 1998-2001 i've taken a pool from his most successfull season).

indeed his most prolific seasons (20 goals or higher) were at second division level (championship).

Lawyered

Butty

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 05:49:13 PM »

And in the 1999-00 season

Sheringham- 19 starts, 22 appearances, 6 goals
Cole- 40 starts, 45 appearances, 22 goals
Yorke- 41 starts, 47 appearances, 24 goals
Solskjaer- 24 starts, 46 appaearances, 15 goals

Corrolation?

I'll call you on putting that in your pipe, and I'll raise you by making you smoke it.

whopper

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 05:58:01 PM »

Corrolation?

I'll call you on putting that in your pipe, and I'll raise you by making you smoke it.
hold on 19 starts is not a fringe player! He was every bit as important as the other strikers, Smoke on that, are they including other competitions? His impact in the cl final proved he was pure class, I think u should stop smoking now guys
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:12:00 PM by whopper »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 06:25:48 PM »

The fact remains that Twiss has played well and without him the ball when cleared from defence would just have kept coming back. 
Bernard Taylors barmy army

whopper

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 06:28:52 PM »

The fact remains that Twiss has played well and without him the ball when cleared from defence would just have kept coming back.  
It was coming back all second half with him! I didn't even start this thread but could see he needed to come off in the second half, I'm afraid that's fact, let's hope we learn
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:33:44 PM by whopper »

joe

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »

Whopper,what a very apt forum name!

whopper

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 06:39:55 PM »

Whopper,what a very apt forum name!
so is yours  :D

RocketDan

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 08:48:50 PM »

Teddy Sherringham is a class act.

Being a forward isn't all about scoring goals. Most of what Twiss does goes unrecognised. Of the 90 minutes on a pitch a player has the ball for approximately 3 minutes. Surely what Twiss does in the other 87 minutes is of equal importance.

TOTAL FOOTBALL.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 11:07:20 PM »

Corrolation?

hold on 19 starts is not a fringe player! He was every bit as important as the other strikers, Smoke on that, are they including other competitions? His impact in the cl final proved he was pure class, I think u should stop smoking now guys
Whopper, please confirm I am correct. And for the record I am now off for a victory smoke.

Oh and 19 starts is fringe when you take into account the number of starts from the numbe one and two strikers had.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2011, 11:17:34 PM »

It was coming back all second half with him! I didn't even start this thread but could see he needed to come off in the second half, I'm afraid that's fact, let's hope we learn

Definition of 'fact'      Reality; actuality; truth;    Sadly, Jacko, and despite your fevered assertions the Twiss situation is a matter of opinion and not reality, actuality or truth - hence not, by definition, a fact

whopper

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2011, 12:55:42 AM »

Corrolation?

Whopper, please confirm I am correct. And for the record I am now off for a victory smoke.

Oh and 19 starts is fringe when you take into account the number of starts from the numbe one and two strikers had.
I can now officially confirm I am correct, a fringe player is a squad player that rarely makes a first team impact, teddy is clearly not this, and several utd fans have pointed to his important goals in fa cup and champions league final, so goodnight son try again, clearly u talk sh*te

VofD

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2011, 10:16:07 AM »

FFS
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 twiss or astley?