PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 name and shame the thuggish morons
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: name and shame the thuggish morons  (Read 6363 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: name and shame the thuggish morons
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 12:17:03 PM »

over the top reactions to  a few idiots , bad stewarding ,but please dont be put off going to away games , i think  that because of no segregation at these games it was more noticable ,hope the drunken idiots that made kids upset are ashamed of them selves

bumble

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 12:22:04 PM »

I'm sorry but this has been blown out if proportions

It wasn't just down to alty fans.... Better stewarding would have made it much better, if people are angry you don't wind them up!

There wasn't numerous coke cans thrown at the keeper, and one smoke bomb at the start.... Guess someone will moan because I brought confetti and somebody will have to sweep it up... (I actually helped picked up the cans and rubbish after the game for about 10 mins)

The whole end thing lasted about 5 minutes - with HTFC player/stewards swearing and gesturing  before both sets went and had a drink, discussed the the league table/other games. The stewards who'd be shouting even let us and a HTFC fan have a kick about on the pitch. we stood and spoke to some of their players who'd had been involved in the post match discussion (albeit one came out with a cocky remark on his way past....said to the wring person could have provoked more) about the game and their season

Yesterday showed me what I love about non league football - little kick about on their pitch, being able to speak to players on both sides, supporters who after an emotional game can just put that to one side and move on.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 12:23:30 PM »

Tbf iwe did have a few dickheads there today who couldn't handle there ale who I haven't seen before.
 Seeing two little Alty fans cry because of the knobish behavior spoilt my day
Blown out of all proportion
No it wasn't if you can't handle your beer why spoil it for the others with your behaviour, Coke cans thrown at there keeper
when we scored is not nice to see.
To be honest I didn't see that, from what I saw there were a few lads who had had a bit too much to drink, most of the comments were banterish and I din't see anything threatening.  I've seen much much worse.  This whole thread makes it sound like the fans were all animals fighting and kicking off.  The reason I'm suggesting it was blown out of all proportion is:-
1. The harrogate fan who linked it to the manchester riots is a disgraceful comment.
2. I personally did not observe any can throwing, I did see the abuse at the opposition player who was sent off which was a bit over the top.
3.I did observe 3 of the harrogate stewards in the area where the players went off gesturing at some of our supporters.

I guess perceptions can depend on what is seen and exactly where you were stood. I was behind the goal to the right and for the record sober.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

RocketDan

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »

apart from one fan (who shall remain nameless) dancing round the social club with his shirt off, and, a fair few people overly goading their player who was sent off, I didn't see anything that you would expect at a football match, certainly no violence or behaviour i would describe as thuggish.

Heaven forbid when AFC Chester, FCUM and the no doubt future AFC Wrexham come to play them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:31:26 PM by RocketDan »

bumble

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 12:32:45 PM »

Right let's just think.... People drinking all day, no trouble on the trains, only told we were a little loud outside the pub singing, when asked to quieten we did and moved on... Then look when the "rampages" began...after a late undeserved goal... People quoting how they "felt worse than after Eastbourne" if they felt that... Throw inexperienced (but some of them lovely people) stewards and there will be words exchanged especially when a player turns around and starts gesturing at fans (knowing he'd have to walk past the bar to get out...)

I was close to this as I wanted to applaud of the alty players (and speak to ExGk after hed come back out about a shirt

They've had southport do things 1000x worse smashing the entire bar up, and the ground on the last day

They do seggregate for big game ie FA cup a few years ago when Torquay brought 300

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 12:56:32 PM »

There were a number of reasons why I didn't go yesterday.

Of course I don't think it was all running battles and riots, I've been watching Alty home and away for nearly 20 years, but I just hate to see the name of my club tarnished, and it obviously has been to a lot of people in Harrogate, who might not now make the trip to Moss Lane, meaning less income for our club.

Pompous crap. A lot of people in Harroagte? what the 12 or so they would've brought anyway?

For the record, the barmaid at the Coach and Horses was pleased with us, the bar manager of the social club said we'd been fine when I left there at 7pm. You can stand where you like at a game and view it all if different ways but don't come on here all condescending when you've not even been. get a  grip.

joe

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 01:30:15 PM »

How dare you call me pmpous, I'm entitled to my opinion, it's a forum.

You're pompous

LUHG1878

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »

apart from one fan (who shall remain nameless) dancing round the social club with his shirt off, and, a fair few people overly goading their player who was sent off, I didn't see anything that you would expect at a football match, certainly no violence or behaviour i would describe as thuggish.

Heaven forbid when AFC Chester, FCUM and the no doubt future AFC Wrexham come to play them.

What the f**k are you on?  Do you mean cause of bigger, louder crowds or are you actually trying to claim that FC would just turn up and smash the place up?

thegazelle

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2011, 03:21:41 PM »

seem to have a record for violence including 100% record of 40 yearold blokes punching schoolboys . so if the cap fits wear it

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2011, 03:23:44 PM »

What the f**k are you on?  Do you mean cause of bigger, louder crowds or are you actually trying to claim that FC would just turn up and smash the place up?

Closer to the first bit than the last in this instance LUHG, calm down.

LUHG1878

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 03:30:19 PM »

What the f**k are you on?  Do you mean cause of bigger, louder crowds or are you actually trying to claim that FC would just turn up and smash the place up?

Closer to the first bit than the last in this instance LUHG, calm down.

Fair enough then mate. And I'll just ignore "thegazelle"'s childish, uneducated comment.

thegazelle

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 03:47:26 PM »

I am excused as i couldnt go yesterday and missed my chance to be immature (childish) with the rest .

Its a good job your not a trout LUHG my landing net would be full

Narcissist

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 12:03:44 PM »

I wasn't there on Saturday. I was really gutted I couldn't go. It doesn't sound too bad to me, but it's true that if you have 50 lads drinking on a train at half nine in the morning then it won't pass without incident. What were people expecting when this was being talked up for weeks on end?

I think we're a bit lost in ourselves on here. People being told off for saying it was out of order. No Alty fan has said it was like a riot, in fact theres a good description about 4 posts down so seems pretty clear to me. If the boot was on the other foot we'd be nailing away fans to the cross. Making kids cry isn't acceptable and there's no reason to justify it.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 01:10:39 PM »

I think the reports of trouble have been overly exaggerated. Had there been a more visible stewarding we wouldnt even be having this discussion. It was a few drunken lads venting their frustration on what had largely been a frustrating afternoon. If harrogate have serious promotion plans then they will have to get used to worse than that. What should be of more concern is our clear defensive frailties, though im sure lee will sort them out. My positives were our splendid attacking play as well as the improved play of both ryan brown and michael twiss
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 name and shame the thuggish morons