PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 name and shame the thuggish morons
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: name and shame the thuggish morons  (Read 6360 times)

thegazelle

« on: August 13, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »

Fro the Harrogate sight

This was a great game to win. The way the players conducted themselves when down to 10 was magnificent, never saying die. It must have been easy for them to become overwhelmed, especially as they equalised and were pushing for a third. Mark Cook pulled off some absolutely stunning saves and had an amazing game, and the defence was solid near the end. Well done lads. Regardless, the win was made even sweeter by the fact a large section of their traveling support acted like brainless, thuggish morons. No wonder there were rioting problems in Manchester, given the ridiculously immature response of their fans to their own team's defeat.

God knows what they will think when fcum arrive gutted i missed it i could have been immature with the best of them

bumble

Re: name and shame the thuggish morons
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 10:35:49 PM »

Fro the Harrogate sight

This was a great game to win. The way the players conducted themselves when down to 10 was magnificent, never saying die. It must have been easy for them to become overwhelmed, especially as they equalised and were pushing for a third. Mark Cook pulled off some absolutely stunning saves and had an amazing game, and the defence was solid near the end. Well done lads. Regardless, the win was made even sweeter by the fact a large section of their traveling support acted like brainless, thuggish morons. No wonder there were rioting problems in Manchester, given the ridiculously immature response of their fans to their own team's defeat.

God knows what they will think when fcum arrive gutted i missed it i could have been immature with the best of them

Tbh their stewards shouldn't be winding people up - they were making it worse

For those who haven't been/didn't go - if you've been barrow/Eastbourne, it's similar in that the tunnel goes through the stand with a gate,

A lot of alty fans went to the alty players to clap them off, and it wasn't as bad as they make out

markecky

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 10:41:42 PM »

They should man up a bit.  Yes quite a few people had a good drink today and were maybe a bit lairy at times. 

What would they make of Wrexham fans coming round to them and punching and spitting in peoples faces?

However I believe that many of them stayed in their social until 7:30...not really the actions of thuggish morons.

If I was them I'd be very grateful for the thousands of pounds we have put in today...

bigcol

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 10:51:10 PM »

One guy was letting off a lot of steam with repeated use of the C word in frustration at the referee and Harrogate keeper.

Yes I saw this too - had to move away from the general 'hub' of fans after this as I had my five year old with me.

Surely there's no need for constant F and Cs in this day and age, especially given the usual good nature and 'family' aspect the club has?

Still, the keeper was a bit of a ****

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 10:53:42 PM »

Tbf iwe did have a few dickheads there today who couldn't handle there ale who I haven't seen before.
 Seeing two little Alty fans cry because of the knobish behavior spoilt my day
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:10:23 AM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 07:39:51 AM »

Tbf iwe did have a few dickheads there today who couldn't handle there ale who I haven't seen before.
i didnt see any scenes as i left at the final whistle shame that is
ParkINson's red and white army

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 08:58:07 AM »

Blown out of all proportion
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Narcissist

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 09:11:45 AM »

Why?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 09:14:22 AM »

I didn't see the incidents referred to, but I guess it's hardly surprising as there were certainly a few Alty fans who reached a state of drunken stupor at some point between 11.00am & 3.00pm.

We don't appear to have any thugs, but we have certainly got one or two idiots, haven't we?

Harrogate Town F.C. were pretty tolerant, from what I saw.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 09:49:21 AM »

No it wasn't if you can't handle your beer why spoil it for the others with your behaviour, Coke cans thrown at there keeper
when we scored is not nice to see.
@AltyDaz

markecky

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 10:15:32 AM »

Any more diirty linen we want to wash in public?

Any mention of the 150 fans who weren't pissed or swearing?

It's not been denied that some people were too drunk, some peoples behaviour could have been better.

It's not nice at all that youngsters were upset but I'm pretty sure that there Dads realised that it wasn't the best place for them to stand and moved them away a little, just like it seems that bigcol did.

Of course ideal world says you should be able to stand where you want but we don't live in an ideal world.

Lets move on now..

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 10:17:33 AM »

Personally I thought some of our fans were an absolute disgrace yesterday.

People need to grow up.

Last few seasons we were small fry in comparison to some of the larger teams, this year we are bigger boys in comparison.

But there is no need to be idiots, sooner or later there is going to be trouble.

Compare our fans to those of the York Ultras (smashing barriers, throwing coke cans, letting off smoke grenades) - just a thought

I am not going any further than that on my comments, you know who you are and what you did, luckily it was a small minority and most behaved themselves well.

As for me I enjoyed the day so much, it was top.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:44:37 AM by Jenga »

LUHG1878

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 11:15:13 AM »

Fro the Harrogate sight

??? ::)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 11:29:39 AM »

I agree. It doesn't matter how small a minority it was, it tarnishes our reputation and spoilt what was otherwise a good day out (result excepted).

Personally I thought some of our fans were an absolute disgrace yesterday.

People need to grow up.

Last few seasons we were small fry in comparison to some of the larger teams, this year we are bigger boys in comparison.

But there is no need to be idiots, sooner or later there is going to be trouble.

Compare our fans to those of the York Ultras (smashing barriers, throwing coke cans, letting off smoke grenades) - just a thought

I am not going any further than that on my comments, you know who you are and what you did, luckily it was a small minority and most behaved themselves well.

As for me I enjoyed the day so much, it was top.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 11:50:44 AM »

There is really no need for "glad I didn't go" or "I'll not be going again" posts.

It was like a cup game..at cup games you sadly get people who come along who aren't that arsed about the ethos of the club.

People reading this thread must be thinking it was like a war zone or a running battle with police and lines of riot shields.

It was very easy to move away a little and not hear or see any of it. Lets get it into perspective.

Some people were out of order, they had to much to drink and could have conducted themselves better.

It was a one off...it'll be a little different at Vauxhall a week on Tuesday.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team