Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Over the top segregation killing the atmosphere????
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Over the top segregation killing the atmosphere????  (Read 7318 times)

joe

Re: Over the top segregation killing the atmosphere????
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 02:53:14 PM »

I just wanted to ask nutty if he lives in hale, thinks £13 is over the top admission and occasionally follows FCUM by any chance....

There is no way a season ticket of altrincham FC would be stupid enough to make that post.

Nice to see Alty spelt with a 'y' rather than an 'i' though................

I can vouch that Nutty is a season ticket holder who does spend quite a few quid at the club so a bit harsh that in my opinion Jezza.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »

Why was the segregation so over the top on Saturday....whilst I agree that safety of supporters is paramount I could see no reason why three quaters of stand had to be sectioned off.  

I am now not involved but i will answer the questions

1. There was only 10 Altrincham stewards able to do this game with the rest being on holiday (to which they are entitled to be)
2. 10 Stockport stewards drafted in to help out at an extra cost who didn't really know are ground but knew some of there fans
3. The bigger gap was left because we didn't know how many they were bringing
4. I was asked to help out as the ones who were there hadn't controled a match on thier own (I didn't want to do this but would have felt guilty if something had kicked off)
5. All plans had been discused between clubs
6. Maybe it was over the top but if any thing had happend like at Wrexham Fcum or Buxton games you would have been posting at 1649
instead of 2 days later
7. No one complained to any of the stewards on the day
8. There was 487 in the away end with probably 200 or so in the stands from Stcockport
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:50:04 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 04:11:09 PM »

I think the club's approach is spot on in terms of being precautionary. My gripe is when a relatively small number of away fans are given the popular side in wet weather, pushing back the home fans towards the half way line.

Jenga

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 04:26:48 PM »

I think the club's approach is spot on in terms of being precautionary. My gripe is when a relatively small number of away fans are given the popular side in wet weather, pushing back the home fans towards the half way line.

Cant really leave people out in the rain, when there is a perfectly good roof for them to stand under.

Imagine if it was the other way round and we were stood outside getting soaked to the skin when the home crowd had 200 people on one whole side of the ground. We would be in uproar.

Treat others how you would expect to be treated.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 04:43:11 PM »

Cant really leave people out in the rain, when there is a perfectly good roof for them to stand under.

Imagine if it was the other way round and we were stood outside getting soaked to the skin when the home crowd had 200 people on one whole side of the ground. We would be in uproar.

I do recall the absolute outrage expressed on here when we were left out in the rain at Southport a few years ago and also the comments that such a thing would never happen at Alty

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 05:37:36 PM »

No police from what I could see so saved club month
Club money

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »

Ala Exeter City, we moaned like fook about being in the rain.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

RocketDan

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 06:15:36 PM »

Why was the segregation so over the top on Saturday....whilst I agree that safety of supporters is paramount I could see no reason why three quaters of stand had to be sectioned off.  

8. There was 487 in the away end with probably 200 or so in the stands from Stcockport

With regards to point three and eight - I think someone from either club could have put a fair guestimate on the number of visitors. Were they really likely to bring over 1,200 ?

Assuming the figure on the club website is correct, The away end holds 1434, which would have more than covered the number of visiting fans ( leaving  the far 3rd of the pop side to be used as a buffer zone / possible overspill.)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 06:34:38 PM »

If we were to get a big FA cup game at Moss Lane and had to make it all ticket what would the capacity be set at these days?

thegazelle

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 06:45:20 PM »

there is also the thought that even if there is no trouble, 10 aggressive looking youths supporting the away team and full of beer stood in the middle of the golfroad being "brave"can detract from the match for most regulars, who dont want to be watching their back for 45 minutes. So segregation it should be for gods sake moving a few yards cant be that much trouble if it was a big game you would probably turn and find home supporters ion your spot anyway.

can i suggest an air of flexibility would be a useful asset

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 07:23:48 PM »

It's a tough one this........the central area of the popside gives a good view of the game irrespective of which way we are kicking.  The view from the popside, Golf Rd quarter is a poor view when we are kicking towards the Chequers end due to the roof columns and floodlight tower. Hence I moved onto the flags where the view is not obscured.

In the past the central area has been opened up a few minutes after kick-off leaving the Chequers quarter as the sterile area. This is what happened during last seasons league games, but I guess it did not happen on Saturday for the reasons already explained by Darren.

For me it was probably a 'one-off' and when balanced against the risk of getting chinned, I suppose there is nothing really to moan about - I had a decent view, albeit from not where I wanted to be.
It will only be a problem next season when we draw Sheff Weds in FA Cup
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 07:34:30 PM »

With regards to point three and eight - I think someone from either club could have put a fair guestimate on the number of visitors. Were they really likely to bring over 1,200 ?

Assuming the figure on the club website is correct, The away end holds 1434, which would have more than covered the number of visiting fans ( leaving  the far 3rd of the pop side to be used as a buffer zone / possible overspill.)

No idea what the pre plans were i came back from Holiday Friday night turned up Saturday expecting to just watch the game or help on the bar and was asked to help out
over seeing the stewarding of the game and here's me thinking i have retired.............
I had previously asked to do that game and i said no as i was having my first holiday in 9 years with out having to worry about planning matches whilist i was away
@AltyDaz

mr f.trucker

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »

But we stiil stayed out the rain well you and I.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 07:58:40 PM »

I paid another £2 to move into Exeter's shed of a stand.........it immediately stopped raining at that point
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 08:16:02 PM »

But we stiil stayed out the rain well you and I.

Yeah but we're nails!!
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Over the top segregation killing the atmosphere????