Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Over the top segregation killing the atmosphere????
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Over the top segregation killing the atmosphere????  (Read 7317 times)

The General

« on: August 08, 2011, 11:06:01 AM »

Why was the segregation so over the top on Saturday....whilst I agree that safety of supporters is paramount I could see no reason why three quaters of stand had to be sectioned off. 

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Over the top segregation killing the atmosphere????
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 11:15:02 AM »

I asked that question after the game on Saturday and was told that "If the away supporters exceeds a certain number then it has to be like it was"

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:18:41 AM »

Other than drawing a team in one of the cup ties, I cannot see the need for the fans not being able to access  the middle section of the pop side again this season.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:27:30 AM »

Buxton.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 11:28:02 AM »

I presume the popular side fences can be removed for the majority of games now and replaced if required?
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 11:53:52 AM »

Buxton.

There not in our Division - unless you mean if we draw them in the cup

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 12:02:59 PM »

I agree, it was total overkill. I understand there has to be a sterile area, but it could (and should) have been moved further up. I'm sick of having to be displaced because of away fans.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 12:40:56 PM »

You wont have to worry about being displaced again this season... As for killing the atmosphere,it was a friendly at home against a nonleague club,there wouldnt have been an atmosphere regardless of where people stood

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 12:52:57 PM »

Going back to the original point, I do feel the club can't really win in this instance. If there had been any repeat of the scenes at Buxton (however unlikely this was) people would have been demanding to know why adequate measures were not taken to control the situation beforehand. It's unfortunate that compromises sometimes have to be made, but crowd control is all about making sure everyone stays safe, enjoys their day out and goes home in one piece. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and we now know that the game passed off without any hint of incident. Perhaps this owes a lot to the liaison between the respective clubs and all round good organisation by our team of vounteers?
Come on Alty!

vic

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 01:01:20 PM »

Hiya lads,
What happened against Buxton and was it recently, Only asking as going on saturday.
Cheers

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »

There was around 2,000 terrace spaces available for home supporters to choose from on saturday,I really dont think its a big issue for a friendly,there had been trouble at stockports previous friendly so the club aired on the side of caution and give them a bigger than usual allocation with it being probably the nearest derby game weve ever encountered, man united aside

joe

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 01:32:52 PM »

If it wasn't segregated and there had been a hint of trouble then people would have mentioned FC Utd and does the club ever learn etc. There will always be someone that isn't happy whatever the situation.

nutty

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 02:25:30 PM »

Why do Alty treat there own fans like dirt, I am a season ticket holder who is sad enough to want to stand facing our main stand. Every time an away team brings more than 2 men and a dog we are moved. It's about time we treated OUR own fans with a bit of respect and our own stewards treated us with half a brain cell. At least normally after the initial first 10 minutes we are allowed back into our own positions, but obviously on saturday the Stockport fans were obviously a high risk category 1 problem and could not be trusted near our militant army of thugs who stand around the half way line causing trouble. Between us, me and my two kids put a reasonable amount of money into the club, if this carries on I will take my ball and watch Jeff Stelling on soccer saturday. Come on Alty treat us with a bit of respect surely we deserve this. P.S I'm sure you wont be moving us a week on Tuesday when we play the mighty Workington, but nothing surprises me in football anymore!!!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 02:41:09 PM »

As I said, I agree with the segregation, but to shut off 2/3 of the popular side? Ridiculous.

Jezza

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 02:45:10 PM »

I just wanted to ask nutty if he lives in hale, thinks £13 is over the top admission and occasionally follows FCUM by any chance....

There is no way a season ticket of altrincham FC would be stupid enough to make that post.

Nice to see Alty spelt with a 'y' rather than an 'i' though................
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team