News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another One...

Author Topic: Another One...  (Read 5294 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Another One...
« on: July 29, 2011, 11:40:18 AM »

Blackburn starting an FCUM style club...

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/fooballclubblackburn/
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Robin Reliant

Re: Another One...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 05:05:22 PM »

Maybe we should start one as well !
FCAltyFC has a nice sound to it   ;) ;) ;D

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 08:20:22 PM »

How about 'Thisisgettingtediousnowforfanswhostickbytheirclubnomatterwhat FC

FC this, AFC that .... For gods sake either stick with your club (no matter what, ie when winning championship or not) or just support another local club. Its not the club you claimed you supported when you start the new one anyway so why not support an already established one?

If your club dies (like Rushden, Wrexham to come and alike) then I am all for it so you do not lose a football club in your area but just starting one when the other club exists then it just makes me think of self important fans who buy into Supporters Direct and help them make money.

I just think its the boring option now for too many fans when they don't agree with something.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:23:00 PM by gazwarrington »

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 10:12:52 PM »

FC this, AFC that .... For gods sake either stick with your club (no matter what, ie when winning championship or not) or just support another local club. Its not the club you claimed you supported when you start the new one anyway so why not support an already established one?

If your club dies (like Rushden, Wrexham to come and alike) then I am all for it so you do not lose a football club in your area but just starting one when the other club exists then it just makes me think of self important fans who buy into Supporters Direct and help them make money.

I just think its the boring option now for too many fans when they don't agree with something.

Have a goodwin sir ;D

FFS

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 10:23:22 PM »

Whilst agreeing there's too much of this crap going on, I have to admit that if Alty were taken over by a bunch of Indian chicken farmers who know Jack sh*t about how to run a club, then I'd be somewhat less than enchanted (though I'd probably just relocate to Shawe View)

Jacko

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 10:57:13 PM »

Have a goodwin sir ;D

let people support/start up whoever and as many teams as they like i say, local or foreign, people are getting more and more sick of prawn sandwich brigades and cowboy owners so its gonna happen more

fuertes

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »

So what if Stephen Vaughan managed to get his mitts on Alty? Would you keep going? Line his pockets on the basis of so-called 'loyalty'?

I can understand people disliking the notion of being ripped off to the tune of £40+ per ticket so that some American leprechaun can rape your club's finances. Same with refusing to travel all the way to Milton Keynes when your clubs is supposed to represent a town on the Southwest fringe of London.

If Blackburn Rovers or Manchester United or Liverpool or Wimbledon fans want to start a new, fans-owned club then that's their business. I can certainly understand the motivation and frankly it's nothing to do with us.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 02:59:06 PM »

Ok. When the conference \ non league is full of clubs with no history but good fan bases due to AFC this and FC that we'll continue this debate when we are somewhere down the pyramid due to those clubs and their wonderful fans.

Blackburn still exist, Manchester United still exist, both playing at high levels.. .Although wait .... FC United was started when it was a little quiet at OT and Blackburn are hardly lighting up the league (mind they are where they should be)... Its not like these clubs have been rundown, relegated and have no future.

For me fans expect too much now and want success when realistically its not as easy as that.

And I would not help form an AFC Altrincham if someone I did not like was running the club, Altrincham FC would still be there with ITS history. You start again then you lose all that.

AFC Wimbledon is completely different to me cos they DID lose their club, its name and where it plays so were keeping a club in the area so WELL DONE TO THEM FOR THAT.

PS: American Leprechaun as you put it brought success back to Man U after a little lull and has hardly stopped Sir Taggart spending money ? Infact haven't they spent a fair bit this summer plus they agreed to Mr Rooneys very high wage demands even when he was playing poorly ? I just see it as pointless when the club still exists, cos FC United fans will still  support Man U and Blackburn fans will still go all Ewood Park if successful times return. Seems all self important and attention seeking to me.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:02:29 PM by gazwarrington »

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 06:16:57 PM »

Totally agree. I thought the idea of supporting a club was that you follow them through good times and bad.

Give it a few years and we'll have AFCFCUM when the so called fans of FCUM take their ball home again when they don't like the way the club is being run.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 06:51:37 PM »

I agree with the opinions that you should support your club through thick and thin - If the Glaziers were to leave Utd would the FCUM fans go back to supporting MUFC?

bumble

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 06:56:24 PM »

I agree with the opinions that you should support your club through thick and thin - If the Glaziers were to leave Utd would the FCUM fans go back to supporting MUFC?

No

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 07:43:53 PM »

No

Short and to the point  :D

bumble

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 08:17:15 PM »

No
Short and to the point  :D

I typed out a paragraph, but Internet crashed on my phone so I wasn't retyping it :D

I believe glazer debt was the final straw, and therefore FCUM isn't just LUHG it goes back futher
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another One...