PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thank You
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 11884 times)

mads

Thank You
« on: July 26, 2011, 10:52:45 PM »

In the bar on Saturday Gary asked me if i had seen the comments on the forum and i said i would go on have a look and  thank everyone for the fantastic day
that me, my family and friends had and i would like to thank everyone who attended for making it such a memorable day.

Firstly i would like to thank the chairman and his family for the all the hard work they put in to making the day a great success. I dont think i need to tell you how hard
Grahame and Karen work for Alty,everyone knows the hours they put in for the club, they have been friends to me from day one as has Andrew Shaw and words cant explain how grateful i am to them.

Lee,Neil his backroom staff and all the current players were absolutley brilliant with me before the game and me feel very comfortable in the changing room before we walked out and i am grateful to all of them for contributing to a special day for me. To walk out as captain again was very special and i was also made up that i walked out with John Welsh the Tranmere skipper who is a good mate of mine and he presented me with a plaque commemorating the game and again i would like to thank everyone connected to Tranmere for showing what a class club they are.

I honestly dont think the day could have gone any better and after shaking hands with all the Alty lads after kick off the reception i recieved was a memory that will live with me forever and
made me feel proud to be an Alty player again and i have to admit after shaking hands with George and Derek in the tunnel who i class as good friends there was a tear in my eye walking back to the changing rooms.

To see all the lads again who i have played with was fantastic and i hope you all enjoyed seeing them in an Alty shirt as much as i did, some of them still look in good nick(some dont!!) And just seeing their faces smiling and laughing in the bar afterwards talking about good times we had at the club was enough for me and i am thankful to them all for attending.

Finally i would like to thank the fans for all the kind words and support you have given me, the final attendance was unbelievable and for you to turn out in such numbers was incredible and again words cant explain what that meant to me.I think you all know how much i appreciated the fans when i played and without you this club would not be what it is today.

So again thank you to everyone for making Saturday an incredible and unforgettable day for me and my family and i promise everybody that i will tackle this disease the same way i tackled every centre forward i played against, with everything i have..

Maddog

joe

Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 11:20:50 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to post Mark and good luck to you and your family in your battle ahead.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 11:24:29 PM »

The Alty family turned out for you mate and will continue to support you all the way.

You're part of something special...something that outsiders wouldn't understand in a million years but you do...and we do.

Keep strong, I know you will.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 11:26:24 PM »

All the very best to you Mark. As emotional as Saturday was, it was a wonderful and fitting tribute to a great man. I feel privileged to have been there.
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 11:39:28 PM »

All the very best to you Mark. As emotional as Saturday was, it was a wonderful and fitting tribute to a great man. I feel privileged to have been there.
Every one of us who were there feel exactly the same I'm sure. Every good wish Mad Dog, we're all rooting for you.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 12:19:25 AM »

Its a privilage to have you in the Alty family Mark. Thank you for being an honest, decent, whole hearted member of the family.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 12:21:08 AM »

Mark,

What on earth was Lee Sinnott thinking when he substituted you so early?

After all, you were clearly having one of your finest ever games in an Altrincham shirt.

Your passing exhibited pinpoint accuracy; you instantly set up Reeves with a great chance to score; you didn't commit a single foul and you never once looked like scoring an own goal.

An immaculate performance.

Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your day and it was splendid to see so many Alty luminaries back at Moss Lane to register their tribute to you.

Hope that you enjoyed the programme articles and I look forward to seeing you back at Moss Lane again in the near future.

It's too late to stop now.....

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:25:59 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 08:43:51 AM »

A very special day for a very special person, all the best Mark.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 09:13:36 AM »

Echo the comments so far.

A day I will never forget for a player and more importantly a man I have huge respect and admiration for.

ONE MARK MADDOX....

Thanks for posting, and well done with your PC skills in doing it .. ha ha

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 09:17:15 AM »

Mad dog, you're a legend to alty fans and im not sure youre aware but you are also an inspiration to many of us, me included.

Keep fighting, we're with you!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 09:17:52 AM »

Thanks for posting Mark - As others have said already, It was just a privilege to be a part of it.

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 01:55:15 PM »

100% LEGEND.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 02:13:41 PM »

One of the reasons we are so proud of our club is because of players who fight and show their pride in our club generating a never ending bond between club and fans....playerslegends  like you Mad-dog.

Please continue to fight in the same way you always fought for Alty, we are always here always wanting to do what we can.

Such a pleasure and a privellege to see Mad-dog and co in alty shirts again, we fans enjoyed it just as much as you did!

All the very best and please don't be a stranger.

I disagree with the cult actually, every single ball was a sideways pass...... ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 03:32:40 PM »

Agreed, the club, all of us will be here Mark, once a part of the Alty family, always part of it. Keep fighting. Regards Gareth.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 03:33:40 PM »

I disagree with the cult actually, every single ball was a sideways pass...... ;D

Speaking of which, how splendid it was for us connoisseurs of the sideways pass to see the return to the Moss Lane turf of SpongeGedSquarePass during the seven-a-side game last Saturday afternoon...!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thank You