Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: twiss  (Read 20941 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: twiss
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2011, 06:41:12 PM »

For me Nicky Clee is worth the admission money alone...he was taking on the City players almost for a laugh yesterday. 

He'll roast some portly fella from Soilhull Moors who is filling in at left back.

best left winger since showler hope hes on contract

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2011, 06:49:39 PM »

You would think with nicks job and semi pro football an cricket commitments it would have to take a massive offer from a big big club for him to go pro

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2011, 06:54:14 PM »

You would think with nicks job and semi pro football an cricket commitments it would have to take a massive offer from a big big club for him to go pro

lets hope so he can be quality at times

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2011, 07:12:04 PM »

For me Nicky Clee is worth the admission money alone...he was taking on the City players almost for a laugh yesterday. 

He'll roast some portly fella from Soilhull Moors who is filling in at left back.
[/b]

Ive never played for Solihull motors  ;)

joe

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2011, 07:23:43 PM »

best left winger since showler hope hes on contract

Chris Sharratt and Kevin Ellison may disagree...

joe

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2011, 07:24:39 PM »

Or even right back seems as though Nicky plays on the left...

andrewflynn

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »

Couldn't believe my eyes when Nicky knocked it past Onuoha and beat him!

Going back to the original post of this thread, I hope you've had time to think about what you put because that couldn't be more undeserved. Twiss had a decent game yesterday. There's always a post or a topic containing a negative about Twiss on the first page of this forum, but then the same people are calling for improved performances? It was his first pre season game and people have begun to moan already... if he has been putting the effort in, God knows what he must be thinking if he reads some of the people on here.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2011, 08:24:58 PM »

The fact that he hasn't lost any weight proves his attitude.

Defend him all you like, the guys takin the piss out of all of you.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2011, 08:28:08 PM »

Couldn't believe my eyes when Nicky knocked it past Onuoha and beat him!

Going back to the original post of this thread, I hope you've had time to think about what you put because that couldn't be more undeserved. Twiss had a decent game yesterday. There's always a post or a topic containing a negative about Twiss on the first page of this forum, but then the same people are calling for improved performances? It was his first pre season game and people have begun to moan already... if he has been putting the effort in, God knows what he must be thinking if he reads some of the people on here.

This.

Twiss owes us a lot after last season and I've never been at the back of the queue to point that out but criticism for yesterday is mightily unwarranted. He put ina  good sift and had a decent enough game. At times, me and a couple of pvers were laughing at why he was turning City players inside out on our right  hand side.As to whether he has the pace or spark that he used to have, well that's neither ehre nor there. I don't think he has but that's not really his fault.

If you're having a go at him for not coming back into pre season looking fit. Well, that was last year you should've (and may have) had a go. As it is it was his first agme yesterday. No one is going to be flying. I actually think he looks like he's lost a couple of pounds to be fair just that he's not really the build for it to be too obvious he's just got wide hips, ok he's not going to give Karen Carpenter a run for her money but neither is he badly out of condition.

Overall, I just think one eyed vitriol is not going to do anyone any good and I'm someones who casts the most critical of eyes over Twiss. I still think if that's what you want to do then he will give you plenty of opportunity to do so over the season. However, yesterday and his current condition was not one of those.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2011, 11:53:12 PM »

The fact that he hasn't lost any weight proves his attitude.

Defend him all you like, the guys takin the piss out of all of you.

If he plays well he can take the piss out of me all he likes, its the quality of the performance that matters and if he can pull it off whilst hugely overweight (which the reports seem to indicate he can) why should we care?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2011, 12:21:02 AM »

Twiss is by no means hugely overweight. He looks about 14 stone.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2011, 04:02:15 AM »

michael twiss is now about the weight nicky clee was when he arrived...

Jenga

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2011, 08:46:41 AM »

First game of the year, second for many others, probably missed some training due to the family issues, he put in a good shift.

Personally I think the guy needs a lift not for us to knock him down.

I do firmly believe that he will be good this season in a league which probably now suites his pace a little more. Remember most footballers drop down the league pyramid as they get older and twiss will be no different to that.

He tried hard on Saturday and whilst he was poor (ok sh*te lol) last season, I think he will be out to prove himself this time around.

Good luck Twiss.

taxi Phil

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2011, 09:51:31 AM »

I thought Twiss put in a decent shift on Saturday, but harking back to my first post on this thread I don't see him and Reeves as a striking partnership. We still need a "guaranteed" goal scorer (preferably with a physical presence) to operate with Reeves, and Twiss's best role is likely to be as an attacking link from midfield.

I was disappointed not to see Nick Chadwick again on Saturday, though he was named among the subs. Did a decent job against Burnley until he was subbed. Does he still have fitness problems do we know ? Because, if he does he may not be the answer unfortunately. Neither, I suspect, is Mulholland, simply because he'd get knocked around too easily by big horrible defenders (which is probably why the "bigger" clubs who've trialled him haven't taken him on).

This position is still Lee's remaining headache, because I STILL can't see a hatful of goals from our present squad. Mind you, a bonanza of 1-0 wins wouldn't be any bad thing !

markecky

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2011, 10:22:21 AM »

Nick Chadwick was not at the game as I believe his wife is due to give birth any minute and he was granted leave.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 twiss