twiss
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: twiss  (Read 20935 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: twiss
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2011, 09:38:07 PM »

I was there today and have to say that although his Body mass index is still the same as last season I have seen him play a lot worse than he did today.

Too early to start the "get rid" chants but time is not on your side Michael....

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 11:04:48 PM »

I was there today and have to say that although his Body mass index is still the same as last season I have seen him play a lot worse than he did today.

Too early to start the "get rid" chants but time is not on your side Michael....

I agree, he did OK, looked a bit rusty some of his early touches but only to be expected. He did no worse than last year and with Lee playing him just behind the strikers later on he is obviously looking at ways of getting the best out of him.  Give the lad a chance and get off his back. If after 2 or 3 games he hasnt done owt then,.... :P

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2011, 11:09:50 PM »

I always think that when Twissy plays then we dont see the best of Reevsie... Does anybody else get that impression?

Jacko

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2011, 11:18:20 PM »

I always think that when Twissy plays then we dont see the best of Reevsie... Does anybody else get that impression?
me

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 07:56:26 AM »

i think after last season we have seen enoigh to make a fair judgment call

To gain any respect from me he needs to try this season

I can still see him now vividly out of his depth at the csc final just scary
ParkINson's red and white army

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 09:28:30 AM »

Sorry but he looked no different yesterday than he looked last season , but i agree we should wait and see how he performs when season starts

taxi Phil

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 09:38:45 AM »

me
And me. I don't think they really work as a pair, which is going to be a problem if we don't sign another striker !

Jezza

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 01:15:59 PM »

For me twiss put the required effort in yesterday....even put in a few determined crunching tackles.....the sort of effort I'd say that we have always accepted from certain players to forgive their lack of ability.

It's very hard to judge how that effort will translate in terms of goals and assist for us in BSN as he and Reeves got very little change out of a very strong city defence.....if he'd shown that sort of determined effort last year he wouldn't have got so much stick.

Problem for me is given his two year contract, effort is not going to be enough, it has to translate into a meaningful contribution...we'll be able to judge better against Buxton.

He's here to stay and negative comments will serve no purpose other than to reduce his motivation and effort........I'd give him a few proper games in BSN to prove he can make a contribution with his new improved attitude....if he can then great he can redeem himself with a promotion contribution....if not then I think he should consider if it is really fair to take money off altrincham fc.

Jacko

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 01:34:51 PM »

It's an awefull situation, maybe because we arnt the type of fans to push a player out with abuse he is still here? Do people really believe he can be a force in the bsn now???Its not effort its the fact he is not physically capable of either making things happen or stopping the opposing players that worries me, let's hope lee can wave his magic wand and sort this problem out some how  ???

markecky

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 01:44:33 PM »

It's an awefull situation, maybe because we arnt the type of fans to push a player out with abuse he is still here? Do people really believe he can be a force in the bsn now???Its not effort its the fact he is not physically capable of either making things happen or stopping the opposing players that worries me, let's hope lee can wave his magic wand and sort this problem out some how  ???

Lets be clear. From his point of view he is here because he has a contract on decent money and he intends to see it out.

I am putting my faith in Lee to get something out of him.

As I have said yesterday, I do believe he tried hard yesterday but I think we all knew he was never going to get any change from City.

I still harbour thoughts that if he got on a scoring run he could get a few goals.

I don't know Lee Sinnot but from what I have seen he is his own man and if Twiss is poor he won't play.

RocketDan

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2011, 01:49:15 PM »

who cares, whether we like it or not, he is here for the season.

for what it's worth i thought he gave a good account of himself against a tough opposition.

Altyant

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2011, 02:51:21 PM »

I thought he did well yesterday and we struggled to keep the ball upfront once he went off.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »

I thought he did well yesterday and we struggled to keep the ball upfront once he went off.

Agree, I was actually quite impressed with Twiss yesterday. He held his own against players who will be 3 or 4 times better than anything we'll be up against next season. Also seem to recall him having a few decent runs and had a very good effort on goal in the first half. An encouraging start in my opinion.

I'd also like to mention that Nicky Clee was fantastic in parts yesterday. Can't wait to see if he can replicate that when the season starts.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 06:31:50 PM »

Agree, I was actually quite impressed with Twiss yesterday. He held his own against players who will be 3 or 4 times better than anything we'll be up against next season. Also seem to recall him having a few decent runs and had a very good effort on goal in the first half. An encouraging start in my opinion.

I'd also like to mention that Nicky Clee was fantastic in parts yesterday. Can't wait to see if he can replicate that when the season starts.

I am a big fan of Clee- he looked good last year- he has the potential to be amazing this season
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 06:38:23 PM »

For me Nicky Clee is worth the admission money alone...he was taking on the City players almost for a laugh yesterday. 

He'll roast some portly fella from Soilhull Moors who is filling in at left back.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 twiss