PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Mark Maddox  (Read 268980 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Maddox
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2011, 11:16:33 PM »

Not often that Jezza and I concur but please could anyone make this an event or something on Facebook?

bumble

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2011, 11:25:26 PM »

Not often that Jezza and I concur but please could anyone make this an event or something on Facebook?

I'll do one... i was however waiting to see what the after match thing was?

what is the event being called?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2011, 11:27:25 PM »

that's a good plan to wait - sorry!

I'm just trying to find every possible method to try to get people to come to the game

bumble

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2011, 11:42:02 PM »

that's a good plan to wait - sorry!

I'm just trying to find every possible method to try to get people to come to the game

Its a good idea, and ive been debating whether to make one - The important thing is everybody invited their entire contact list, and then ask them to "click attend" even if theyre not because that way it appears in more news feeds = more free publicity.

I think the FB posters as profile pictures worked well in the past,

I'll try and pull one together about the game itself then when the club annouce details about the post-match event another one can be made

its been on the back of both local papers  ;D

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2011, 06:21:21 PM »

The Tranmere game would normally involve them in sending a reserve/youth team along. We've always enjoyed a good relationship with them, right back to the days in the 50's when we played their reserve team in the Cheshire County League.

Is there any chance that, their being aware of our intentions to make it a testimonial to a much loved member of the family that is Altrincham FC, they could be persuaded to send their strongest team on this occasion ? If we could publicise that this would be happening, it would increase the attendance even further.

We all want to see Moss Lane packed out for this one, and provide an atmosphere that will leave Mad Dog in no doubt about the love and respect every one of us has for him.
Good point. A colleague of mine is very pally with the Tranmere manager. I'll certainly have a word and see if some influence can be exerted. If so, rest assured it will get maximum publicity.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2011, 06:55:23 PM »

I have only just seenn this terrible news- gave everthing for this club- thoughts are with him and all the family at this terrible time
Come on you red and white........

flaggerstu2

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2011, 10:44:25 AM »

I know that not everyone want their situations published for the whole world to see, but I wonder if the likes of local bbc and Granada are being asked to advertise the game on 23rd July. This is probably the most important game for a long time and the more people we get the better.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2011, 10:50:06 AM »

I think some caution needs to be exercised as I read somewhere that Mark was trying to conceal the situation from his son for the time being.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Baldwin

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2011, 01:04:51 PM »

Although I never saw Mark play, I have heard what a top guy he is. I'll be there for the Tranmere game.

bumble

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2011, 08:09:37 PM »

I think some caution needs to be exercised as I read somewhere that Mark was trying to conceal the situation from his son for the time being.

just out of curiosity how old are his children?

taxi Phil

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2011, 08:45:57 AM »

The Tranmere game would normally involve them in sending a reserve/youth team along. We've always enjoyed a good relationship with them, right back to the days in the 50's when we played their reserve team in the Cheshire County League.

Is there any chance that, their being aware of our intentions to make it a testimonial to a much loved member of the family that is Altrincham FC, they could be persuaded to send their strongest team on this occasion ? If we could publicise that this would be happening, it would increase the attendance even further.

We all want to see Moss Lane packed out for this one, and provide an atmosphere that will leave Mad Dog in no doubt about the love and respect every one of us has for him.
Good point. A colleague of mine is very pally with the Tranmere manager. I'll certainly have a word and see if some influence can be exerted. If so, rest assured it will get maximum publicity.
Pleased to read on the Club site this morning that Tranmere will indeed bring their full first team, and are publicising too. This is going to be a very special day for one hell of a special guy.

bumble

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2011, 08:55:49 AM »

Pleased to read on the Club site this morning that Tranmere will indeed bring their full first team, and are publicising too. This is going to be a very special day for one hell of a special guy.
dont forget you cando your bit by uploading the poster to your facebook/twitter, and joining the event

Lewis Chalmers

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2011, 02:15:46 PM »

I'm absolutely gutted to hear this awful news! Mark Maddox is a great guy and  I am honoured to be a friend of his! Mark is a big character and when I first met him in 2004 he was a towering figure! Not forgetting I was only 18! I remember thinking about him then, I don't want to get on the wrong side of him! But once I got to know him he was sound, as he and the other scousers would say! I soon started to looked up to him because he was a true professional on and off the pitch! A leaf out of his book would not do me any harm!! I know that at alty he is a true legend and rightly so! He wore his heart on his sleeve and he would give everything on the pitch come 3 o'clock Saturday! He was a great captain to play for always encouraging but also telling you when you needed to be told!!
I can not say enough about him and I will be there with my missus after the game against Tranmere! I would live to be there for the match but I have a pre season game my self.

See you all there and keys make it a really good turn out cause we all know he is Mr Altrincham!!

Lewis Chalmers

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »

Mark is a great guy and fully deserves all the positive things being said, Alty fans adore him. I remember the day Kingy brought him in (from a liverpool amatuer side if I recall) and every day since then he has earned the praise he gets, as a player and as a man. I sincerely hope that you will keep fighting just as much now for you and your family as you did for Alty. Mark,....you are SOUND. 

anglo alty

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2011, 04:29:10 PM »

the worst possible news i had a next door neigbour who had this he was ex raf  flew with the red arrows thoughts to mark and his family
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox