PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any Value?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Any Value?  (Read 6460 times)

Butty

Re: Any Value?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 03:52:06 PM »

We have enough dogs of war in midfield,we need someone that can slow the game,have a look and make the decisive pass,new broom means exactly that,new manager,new outlook,new players,anyone would think we havent been sh*t for the best part of 20 years

Fancy arses would get snapped in the BSN- we don't wan't a team of fairies, we need players who are 100% comitted and not afraid to put the boot in

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 03:54:19 PM »

You need a mix of graft and craft at any level of football,we have more than enough people that can put the boot in,we also need to be able to play a bit

fuertes

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 06:41:02 PM »

You need a mix of graft and craft at any level of football,we have more than enough people that can put the boot in,we also need to be able to play a bit

If we hoof and kick the sh*t out of everyone on our way up, we'll be eaten for breakfast back in the Conference when we haven't got enough skill and vision.

As I've said before, a large part of Wimbledon and Newport's success when they came up, as part-time sides (so no bleating or excuses on our part), was that they played the ball on the deck. They had enough good footballers to pick up points. Southport hoof and time-waste - then struggle.

Jacko

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 06:51:35 PM »

We have enough dogs of war in midfield,we need someone that can slow the game,have a look and make the decisive pass,new broom means exactly that,new manager,new outlook,new players,anyone would think we havent been sh*t for the best part of 20 years

Fancy arses would get snapped in the BSN- we don't wan't a team of fairies, we need players who are 100% comitted and not afraid to put the boot in
we have a pitch that suits fitness/pace and craft,its not like years ago when the pitch was suited to players like john king etc, no head the balls in front of defence, we should only need one danlyk to break up play too, lets not go backwards.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 07:40:26 PM »

Do we need anymore building work done on the ground?
Harold

AltyIan

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 10:21:41 PM »

We need to move forward as a club, signing Warren Peyton to do a job for us would be taking a step back IMO, was a legend let him remain that way.

markecky

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 10:23:20 PM »

Lets look forwards.  Other footballers are available.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 10:38:57 PM »

We need to move forward as a club, signing Warren Peyton to do a job for us would be taking a step back IMO, was a legend let him remain that way.

Seconded

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 01:41:25 AM »

Warren........super fit footballer, decent player, good attitude, builder and creative inkwork on his back.......but 'Legend' ? .....is that really what you meant to say ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

VofD

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2011, 09:50:13 AM »

FFS

Jezza

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2011, 09:59:30 AM »

first misplaced use of the word legend I've ever actually seen on this forum with all due respect to warren who I admired as a gutsy player who always gave 100%.......

The word needs reserving for those who truelly deserve it otherwise it becomes meaningless.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 12:29:33 PM »

FFS

I immediately thought of you when I read this quote VoD!!  :D

markecky

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 12:46:13 PM »

They still talk of Warren in the pubs of Altrincham to this day...and his picture hangs in the Grafton Mall as a timeless tribute to what he did for this club.

VofD

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 12:48:43 PM »

FFS

I immediately thought of you when I read this quote VoD!!  :D

Gareth,
I've still not got over his penalty miss against Luton in the FA cup. ::) ::) ::)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »

Didn't Warren Peyton help build the new turnstile and snack bar?
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any Value?