PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any Value?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Any Value?  (Read 6461 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Any Value?
« on: June 16, 2011, 11:35:22 PM »

I see from the Official Site that Warren peyton has been released by Guiseley, primarily it seems, because he can't commit to training over the Pennines twice a week.

I know you should arguably never look back but, given that I think he still lives in (I believe) Ashton on Mersey, would anyone consider him worth a punt at the right money?

AltyIan

Re: Any Value?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:44:54 PM »

are you on drugs?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:46:21 PM »

I reckon maybe. Seems to have had an excellent goalscoring record in BSN over last two years.

I always have a certain affection for Warren, he scored my first Alty goal , a free kick against York, after I had become a "proper fan"
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 08:05:15 AM »

Wort a shout even if its as cover down the left

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 08:09:38 AM »

I think whoever is coming in has already been targeted and spoken to,or their clubs have been approached.I think we will see a flurry of signings in the next week or so.

brian1925

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 10:13:50 AM »

Agree with Regionalist. The comments made by the management team and the board so far indicate a specific list of targets. It gives a sense of them knowing what they are doing with no hint of desperation, which is fantastic. Also, I just can't see it being Lee's style to bring  in 30+ year old players, based on what has happened so far.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 10:50:55 AM »

Well, if Warren has no club coming in, then perhaps a "pay as you play"
type of offer, might be worth considering if only for cover at least.

We can't lose on this one really if no other club wants him due to travelling for training.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 11:14:24 AM »

Lee said he was looking to build a team that could get up,then stay up.As someone who has watched zero bsn football since we left the league 6 years ago,I honestly have no idea what the standard is like.I presume most of us are in the same boat.We have to put our faith in lee and tolse,and let them build a side,which isnt going to be full of names we have heard of,but give me a load of 20 odd year olds that arent household names over the beesleys of this world any day.

Butty

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 01:07:39 PM »

I have always liked him as a player- not for his technical ability, but for that Robbie Lawton attitude- he never gives up

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 01:24:10 PM »

We have enough dogs of war in midfield,we need someone that can slow the game,have a look and make the decisive pass,new broom means exactly that,new manager,new outlook,new players,anyone would think we havent been sh*t for the best part of 20 years

Jacko

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 02:13:49 PM »

peyton would offer us a freekick and battling qualitys, i'd give him a go but hate to repeat myself but everybody continuesly overlooks the fact we are the slowest team in the world, only denham gave us any pace all accross the whole team last season, senior scored most of his goals becuase of his pace whether it be closing down or breaking the offside trap, we just didnt see any of that last season,

so a right winger or striker that doesnt need amazing ability just a bit of zip pleeeeeaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 02:25:22 PM »

peyton would offer us a freekick and battling qualitys, i'd give him a go but hate to repeat myself but everybody continuesly overlooks the fact we are the slowest team in the world, only denham gave us any pace all accross the whole team last season, senior scored most of his goals becuase of his pace whether it be closing down or breaking the offside trap, we just didnt see any of that last season,

so a right winger or striker that doesnt need amazing ability just a bit of zip pleeeeeaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reeves and Clee are quick, but yes, we probably could do with a bit more pace in the squad.

Jacko

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 02:32:01 PM »

Reeves and Clee are quick, but yes, we probably could do with a bit more pace in the squad.
clee gets past players with skill and technique not pace, thats why he's our best player, reeves isnt at all quick he's a fox in the box, in fact now denhams gone i would struggle to think of the fastest in the squad...proberbly coburn :o

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 02:34:09 PM »

Twiss is undoubtedly the fastest - especially at signing 2 year contracts  ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jacko

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 02:43:51 PM »

ive just thought of a great new thread idea...........
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any Value?