PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So glad it's not us-Blue Square Prem
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: So glad it's not us-Blue Square Prem  (Read 6368 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: So glad it's not us-Blue Square Prem
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2011, 05:35:37 PM »

For this comong season, I am actually happy for once being a big fish in a small pond. Then with luck we can revert to being a small fish jumping higher than it should,...when we win the BSP ;D,.... am I that deluded? err yes!

Narcissist

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2011, 07:32:26 PM »

For this comong season, I am actually happy for once being a big fish in a small pond. Then with luck we can revert to being a small fish jumping higher than it should,...when we win the BSP ;D,.... am I that deluded? err yes!

In the BSP we thrived off outperforming the big time charlies who thought they were too big for that league. I don't see how we are a big fish in a small pond.

With current state of BSP I think we will be at our natural level or thereabouts. Granted we should be challenging too so you could say that lower end of BSP lies in our natural zone.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 08:01:56 PM »

In the BSP we thrived off outperforming the big time charlies who thought they were too big for that league. I don't see how we are a big fish in a small pond.

With current state of BSP I think we will be at our natural level or thereabouts. Granted we should be challenging too so you could say that lower end of BSP lies in our natural zone.

You may be right, that our natural level is bottom half of the BSP, but I'm puzzled why you dont see how we will be a big fish THIS season in a smaller pond (BSN). We should be in the top 3 in terms of support/ground etc in the BSN. And like Ray has said, it will be a nice change supporting a club in the top half of the table,.....assuming of course it happens! If it doesnt,....I can see some major disappointed fans on here :o

taxi Phil

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 12:00:18 AM »

I'd certainly be disappointed if we didn't make the top half - but I can live with missing out on promotion PROVIDED that we finish the season stronger than we start it, and have a realistic chance of taking a stronq squad back to BSP football no later than 2012/13. I'll be 65 early in that season (God willing !) and I'd like to think there's a few more "hurrahs" to come for me yet !
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So glad it's not us-Blue Square Prem