PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So glad it's not us-Blue Square Prem
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: So glad it's not us-Blue Square Prem  (Read 6370 times)

ScoreDaws

« on: June 12, 2011, 06:12:40 PM »

I think it's great that Southport have been reinstated into the BSP, however I am glad that it's not Atrincham.

After getting over relegation, losing Kenny and with one or two decent players departing things looked pretty bleak a few weeks ago. Fast forward to now, Lee installed as manager, some key players comitted and new promising players into the fold and new sponsors on board with BSN budget forecasts in mind. If we had finished the season 4th bottom and been given this reprieve 3 weeks ago, I might have been a little more upbeat on 'getting out of jail' again due to the time element we would have being in mid May.

The plans and foundations have been formulated in the last 3 weeks for Alty to do well in the BSN and not the BSP, and go back up into the top flight of non-league the right way. I would rather visit Moss lane this season seeing the team win more games and build upon what could be a great season for Altrincham FC, rather than go to Moss Lane hoping for a point.

Am I just being realistic or just crazy? ???

Steve-o

Re: So glad it's not us-Blue Square Prem
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 06:17:48 PM »

Nuts

markecky

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 06:27:03 PM »

Totally agree.

There is always the niggle that other teams have signed and players they could never afford and thus finished above us.

However I want us to be remembered for being a team that had (and will have again I hope) a great cup pedigree and a rich history.  Not a team that kept getting saved.

We need a rebuilding job...and the bit that has done so far has got me looking forward to a season more that I have for a long time.

Yeah we're not going to Luton anymore, or having 500 away fans at Moss Lane but there is a chance to see a winning side and winning makes people happy.

As I have said before one of the highlights for me was the young lads coming through last year to be hardcore fans.  It will make there lives easier to get mates coming down if we dont lose more than we win.

The amount of 17-19 year olds at the Eastbourne game was class.

Relegation is sh*t but there is a lot to be positive about.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 06:33:58 PM »

Agreed all round, time for a change.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Jacko

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 07:08:12 PM »

just typical of Alty fans to start saying we didn't want to stay up anyway etc zzzzzzz we should want the club to play in the highest league possible even if it means fighting for relegation every season,

anyway were down so u can all start mirroring Gh with his we don't belong here' talk that was frowned open

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 07:22:39 PM »

It is for the long term good of the team to rebuild in conf north. We should hopefully be challenging in the upper reaches of the league next season and the prospect of maybe challenging for promotion under the guidance of an exciting young manager has got a lot of our fans impatient for the games to start. How many of us felt like that on April 30th?

It's a new chapter in the club's history, you've got to take a step back before you can move forwards again sometimes and this is one of those times.
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 07:44:19 PM »

just typical of Alty fans to start saying we didn't want to stay up anyway etc zzzzzzz we should want the club to play in the highest league possible even if it means fighting for relegation every season,

anyway were down so u can all start mirroring Gh with his we don't belong here' talk that was frowned open

We got relegated Jacko..keep the GH thing going though.  Its not tedious at all.....zzzzz

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 07:47:23 PM »

you've missed the point.  It's more about dusting ourselves down, and getting on with it. I want us to play in BSP and I'm sure most Alty fans want the same. Last season saw a lot of sell by dates reached at this club and we could have approached this summer on a real downer. Instead we've got a fresh new face as manager who has an excellent record at this level. We have two new sponsors on the shirts (no small feat in this climate). We have a board who are prudent financially and aware of what will be missing income wise.  We have managed to keep a lot of the better players and offload some dross. In other words we are being positive and looking forward and I feel more encouraged about our long term future now than I did a year ago when we'd just finished midtable.

Jacko

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 08:06:21 PM »

Were down that's it look forward,Just don't try and tell me its better to play in a lower league because its complete deluded bollox

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 08:12:42 PM »

Were down that's it look forward,Just don't try and tell me its better to play in a lower league because its complete deluded bollox

There are advantages to the fact we're playing in a lower league, it's an irrefutable fact. What we want and what's best for us are not necessarily the same thing.
Come on Alty!

Butty

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 08:29:08 PM »

To be honest, I'm not buying all this 'Lee is building a team for the BSN, not the BSP' talk- he will be assembling the best team he can with the budget he has. The chances are, he won't shelve the whole team this time next year so it'll be the same players wearing red and white in the BSP as the BSN

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 08:38:29 PM »

Gutted and would take a BSP place any day, all this lets build stuff, who knows how long it will be before we return, love the Gola, GMVC, BSP etc its where we belong, Droylsden on a tuesday night  :-\

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 08:49:29 PM »

Lee's first statement as manager of this great club of ours was that he wanted to build a team "that would go up, and stay up."

The confidence of winning promotion cannot be underestimated in its effect on the successful squad. Bring on the new season !

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 09:08:37 PM »

By the way, is the manager on his Hollys for a week or a fortnight? Looking forward to more developments on the squad.

Despite the relegation, as others have said on here, I'm really looking forward to a season where we win more than we lose for the first time in a long time!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 09:15:31 PM »

Think the issue has got clouded a little.

I want to play at the highest level possible.  I want to play in the Blue Square Premier.

However we went down because we didnt get enough points to stay up.  I don't want us to be "given another go"...a fourth time would just be odd.

I think the manager is away for 2 weeks but has indicated that business could still be done and is constantly in touch with Neil Tolson.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team