PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Smith and Williams
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Smith and Williams  (Read 15847 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Smith and Williams
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 11:20:58 AM »

Some of the people on this forum really hack me off. I know it is all about opinions, but some of the comments slagging players off are totally bizarre.
We have been relegated and need to build a solid squad for the future not just this coming season.
We will need some young players who can improve and become class acts. As many have already said.
Robbie Williams has had a poorer season than his first, he will improve and is a relative youngster. But on here he gets slagged off. Should have been encouraged perhaps.
Even worse, look at Joe O'neil. slagged off something rotten on here. Eventually replaced with a very simmilar style of player, Dale Johnson, Who on this forum becomes a super star. But did he do better than O'neill. Look at his stats. I think not.
Maybe some people should consider their comments a little more carefully before putting them on here.
Rant over I will leave immediatly.

Totally agree with you on that,...I'll get my coat too :D

bumble

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 11:50:34 AM »

James smith has declined terms

taxi Phil

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2011, 11:53:39 AM »

Is that official ?

bumble

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2011, 11:56:03 AM »

Is that official ?

From our clubs official twitter

James Smith has declined terms offered by Lee Sinnott as he is looking for an offer from a full-time club.

Jacko

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2011, 12:01:06 PM »

Smith won't play in the bsn he thinks he's better than that imo but he isn't much better, I agree we should just wish players fair well and get on with it after all the one player who really does deserve a go at is still here!

taxi Phil

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2011, 12:02:54 PM »

Heigh-ho. No surprise really. Obviously I wish him success in his quest, but he does need to iron out his attitude problem.

andrewflynn

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2011, 12:04:17 PM »

I was kind of looking forward to seeing how Williams fared in the BSN. In my opinion he has a fair amount of ability but last season he was playing with extremely low confidence and thus his form at times was diabolical.

This was mirrored in the over-the-top use of hoofing rather than simply distributing to a midfielder. This is something that fans have come to generally use as a definition of Robbie's capability but he's got the ability to do a lot more:
Let's remember that Robbie was an integral part of our best season for over a decade.

He had a bad season but he's a decent player and guy, I wish him all the best at Telford and hope he turns his form around to make sure the likes of Brodie are still getting a little bit of Alty kicked into them.

As for Smith, if he has rejected us then so be it. A new defence, a new start. There was a reason we were sh*t last season and Smith is just as much a culprit as Joseph or Williams. The antics at Wrexham away, for example.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 12:16:48 PM »

James Smith has declined terms offered by Lee Sinnott as he is looking for an offer from a full-time club Stockport County.

8)

Should free up a good chunk of the playing budget.
Come on Alty!

brian1925

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 12:44:39 PM »

The first player of any genuine quality to leave us and I wish Smithy all the best after two and a half years of service. However, as others have intimated, he was part of a defence which shipped 90 goals last season, so we needed a completely fresh start in that area. If someone like Amjad Iqbal signed for us, I wouldn't be a bit bothered by Smithy leaving.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 03:50:12 PM »

Some of the people on this forum really hack me off. I know it is all about opinions, but some of the comments slagging players off are totally bizarre.
We have been relegated and need to build a solid squad for the future not just this coming season.
We will need some young players who can improve and become class acts. As many have already said.
Robbie Williams has had a poorer season than his first, he will improve and is a relative youngster. But on here he gets slagged off. Should have been encouraged perhaps.
Even worse, look at Joe O'neil. slagged off something rotten on here. Eventually replaced with a very simmilar style of player, Dale Johnson, Who on this forum becomes a super star. But did he do better than O'neill. Look at his stats. I think not.
Maybe some people should consider their comments a little more carefully before putting them on here.Rant over I will leave immediatly.

Pot and kettle, anyone...?!

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=12413.msg141829#msg141829

seasonticket

First Team Squad

[Goodwin] [Peake]

Re: What weve put into our club.... and what weve got out of it !!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 08:31:23 am » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have not been able to get to many games this season but yesterday to say I was dissappointed is the understatement of the year.
I expected to see good things from Connors and Piergianni. They were poor. Connors made some dubious chalenges and got away with them, and passed mostly to Newport players.
Piergianni lumbered around like a cart horse.
In fact take out Clee, Lawton Reeves, Johnson and Densmore second half, the rest were somewhere between poor and abysmal.
As for the three stooges Baynes, Twiss and Beesley, I think they were involved in a competition for the worst player of the match.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Toppers

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 04:42:02 PM »

Smithy thinks he's bigger than he is, no loss because nobody had a good year last year (in defence I mean)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 08:50:40 PM »

Maybe some people should consider their comments a little more carefully before putting them on here.Rant over I will leave immediatly.

Pot and kettle, anyone...?!

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=12413.msg141829#msg141829

seasonticket

First Team Squad

[Goodwin] [Peake]

Re: What weve put into our club.... and what weve got out of it !!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 08:31:23 am » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have not been able to get to many games this season but yesterday to say I was dissappointed is the understatement of the year.
I expected to see good things from Connors and Piergianni. They were poor. Connors made some dubious chalenges and got away with them, and passed mostly to Newport players.
Piergianni lumbered around like a cart horse.
In fact take out Clee, Lawton Reeves, Johnson and Densmore second half, the rest were somewhere between poor and abysmal.
As for the three stooges Baynes, Twiss and Beesley, I think they were involved in a competition for the worst player of the match.

;D ::)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2011, 09:30:33 PM »

Some interesting comments on the BBC site from Robbie.........also, the photo looks like it was taken at school !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Altrinchman

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 09:36:28 PM »

my favourite post from seasonticket was the one where he said he would never watch Alty again because of Steve Evans.

I did not renew my season ticket this year on account of the number of games I will miss.
Yesterday was my first game this season and it may well be my last. That is nothing to do with Alty the club or team.
It is solely to do with what is served up on the pitch by the opposition and by referees.
Everyone thinks that Evans is a mad fat T**t. Yes he is. But I believe his anntics are all part of the crappy clubs plan to intimidate the opposition and ref.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »

Some interesting comments on the BBC site from Robbie.........also, the photo looks like it was taken at school !

I liked Robbie,...but when you leave a club, the first thing to say is polite goodbyes to the club/fans who gave you so much support,....not seen these comments yet?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Smith and Williams