PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Smith and Williams
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Smith and Williams  (Read 15853 times)

bumble

Re: Smith and Williams
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 04:36:09 PM »

He scored once against RDFC to my knowledge this season

Time after time this season he failed to win headers / flicks on near post (his goal was a back post header)

He'd win them in defence, but rarely front post, or in the box -  it got to the point where him flicking on was a supprise

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 04:36:19 PM »

Lovely lad and always gave hundred per cent

No getting away from the fact he played more passes to the opposition than our players though and his best games were when he was told what to do and where to stand by young/Joseph.

Wish him well at Telford though

That's a fair synopsis.

A promising debut season but, alas, a retrogressive second season as an almost ever-present member of a defence that conceded a woeful total of 87 league goals.

And his passing did exhibit almost as many inaccuracies as a press release from Jim Rushe.

Perhaps AFC Telford do have someone who can guide him through matches but I can't help thinking that they need to be aiming much higher in terms of their player recruitment if they want to gain a foothold in the BSBP.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 04:58:07 PM »

Lovely lad and always gave hundred per cent

No getting away from the fact he played more passes to the opposition than our players though and his best games were when he was told what to do and where to stand by young/Joseph.

Wish him well at Telford though

That's a fair synopsis.

A promising debut season but, alas, a retrogressive second season as an almost ever-present member of a defence that conceded a woeful total of 87 league goals. And his passing did exhibit almost as many inaccuracies as a press release from Jim Rushe.
Perhaps AFC Telford do have someone who can guide him through matches but I can't help thinking that they need to be aiming much higher in terms of their player recruitment if they want to gain a foothold in the BSBP.

You may both be right, however when/if we get someone better then I will agree with these sentiments, but if we dont, and end up with a worse CB, then,....I told you so! hope I'm proved wrong. My cup is always half full thats my problem! :D

fuertes

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 04:59:52 PM »

I couldn't really give a shiny sh*te that he's gone.

Okay, he could head a ball but if you trained a giraffe for a few hours I'm sure they could too.

All I can say is that the good people of Wales mustn't have been shagging in the late 80's for him to get capped for the country.

Yeah, he's a nice lad but so's my next door neighbour who hasn't got any feet and he can't play football either.

Au revoir Robbie

Just, why? I wouldn't mind if he hadn't tried a leg, but he doesn't deserve this kind of stick.

Some people...

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »

Still heard nothing about Smithy at all,.....????? has anyone  ???

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 06:05:33 PM »

Irrespective of our thoughts on Robbie, I do find it ironic that he will be playing at a higher level than his ex-teammates next season.

Steve-o

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 06:29:36 PM »

Eccles is a sh*thole

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 06:29:45 PM »

Irrespective of our thoughts on Robbie, I do find it ironic that he will be playing at a higher level than his ex-teammates next season.

So will the Hayes & Yeading players but they havent got anybody I would want in the Alty squad

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »

Good luck to him, it's not often nice guys win the lottery.
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 07:22:38 PM »

not really to worried by that, nice guy but can't pass a ball

Or win many attacking headers

And was also quite lazy at times and quick to blame

Goodbye and goodluck
ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 07:31:44 PM »

great first season....ok had a poor season last season but then again who didn't?

players club and fans are moving on to new adventures and in terms of our defence I reckon we need as fresh a start as possible.

Sincerely Good luck robbie

taxi Phil

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2011, 08:28:12 PM »

Good luck to him, but I think this could be a better move for us than it will be for him.

Replacements ? We've already signed Adam Flynn, and I believe Chris Lynch can do a decent job in the middle as well.

I remain 110% optimistic about the new season.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 12:31:35 AM »

Not suprised about Robbie , as i said in an earlier post , Flynn would be his replacement , wouldnt be suprised if Smith went to county

seasonticket

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 09:23:40 AM »

Some of the people on this forum really hack me off. I know it is all about opinions, but some of the comments slagging players off are totally bizarre.
We have been relegated and need to build a solid squad for the future not just this coming season.
We will need some young players who can improve and become class acts. As many have already said.
Robbie Williams has had a poorer season than his first, he will improve and is a relative youngster. But on here he gets slagged off. Should have been encouraged perhaps.
Even worse, look at Joe O'neil. slagged off something rotten on here. Eventually replaced with a very simmilar style of player, Dale Johnson, Who on this forum becomes a super star. But did he do better than O'neill. Look at his stats. I think not.
Maybe some people should consider their comments a little more carefully before putting them on here.
Rant over I will leave immediatly.

Steve-o

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 09:58:06 AM »

In my opinion seasonticket has done nothing and must go now
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Smith and Williams