PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Lee Sinnott  (Read 24376 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lee Sinnott
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 12:46:12 PM »

I hope he's a better manager than he is a looker as he makes Chunk off the Goonies look like Brad Pitt. Welcome Lee ;D

As long as he can make the team look good, that'll do for me!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 12:47:42 PM »

I'm thinking Gerry Quinn here (who I really liked) but with more experience of promotion.

He'll have access to a whole new group of players from over the pennines as well.

We wanted someone who has Conference North experience, can work with a reduced budget and has been promoted from it.  I think we got all three so am pleased.

bumble

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »

I'm thinking Gerry Quinn here (who I really liked) but with more experience of promotion.

He'll have access to a whole new group of players from over the pennines as well.

We wanted someone who has Conference North experience, can work with a reduced budget and has been promoted from it.  I think we got all three so am pleased.

and not heathcote!!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 12:50:13 PM »

Looks good for the CSC:  West Riding County Cup winner: 2006

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 01:23:58 PM »

Can't say I know too much about him, but welcome Lee and lets hope he's got some good contacts!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 01:34:55 PM »

Well done and welcome Lee The Shrewsbury 2 will be supporting you all the way

Well done to the board also

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 01:44:37 PM »

I'm happy with this! Reeves was also loaned to BPA whilst Sinnot was manager (I think)

In celebration I shall revert to NickyClee'sClickyKnee and stop promoting Wes Baynes  :D
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 02:37:13 PM »

our last meetings with Lee Sinnott:

Farsley 1 Alty 1
Altrincham failed to capitalize on the dismissal of Farsley's dangerous striker, Damien Reeves, eight minutes before half-time with this draw game at a rain-soaked Throstle Nest. Before his second yellow card, for an elbow on Lane who had to be substituted with a facial injury, Reeves had fired Farsley ahead following Tinson's misheader (13 mins). Earlier Reeves had been booked for barging Tinson off the pitch into the hoardings. Despite ten second-half corners and a number of close shaves for the Farsley defence, Alty only managed one goal, when Little bundled in Senior's ball from the right by-line (67 mins). Logan was Alty's most dangerous player but this will be seen as two points lost for Altrincham given their one-man advantage for such a long period. A win would have taken Alty out of the relegation spots for the first time this season but instead they remain 21st in the table

Alty 0 Farsley 0
Altrincham played out only their second goalless draw of the season (the game against Burton was the other) after dominating the second half but failing to score, with King's drive against the bar the nearest to breaking the deadlock. The first half was delayed by six minutes when the floodlights on the Main Stand side all went out after eleven minutes of play and the interruption did not help Alty to get into a flowing style of play. Although they improved markedly after the break, playing the ball more to feet, the Farsley backline, led by the impressive Iqbal and Santos were equal to all that Alty could muster. Chris Senior was named Man of the Match for Alty but Greg Young would have been many spectators' choice and Stuart Coburn also made some important saves. Farsley remain five points behind Alty but with two games in hand.

Its amazing how litlle things change over the years

He had just joined Port Vale a few weeks prior to that first encounter.I believe that the only time we have played against him was around 2004 when we beat Farsley in the FA Cup at Moss Lane....4-1 I think.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 02:43:53 PM »

I'm happy with this! Reeves was also loaned to BPA whilst Sinnot was manager (I think)

In celebration I shall revert to NickyClee'sClickyKnee and stop promoting Wes Baynes  :D

Good  ;)

robins1978

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 02:56:14 PM »

Welcome to Alty Lee. Here's to a bright future, on paper a good appointment by the Alty board. They said they were looking for a manager with BSN experience and Lee has deffo got that. Wish you a long and prosperous time at Alty.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 03:02:12 PM »

Great news - well done to the board
Bernard Taylors barmy army

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 03:08:42 PM »

Welcome Lee.

The more I hear, the more sense the board's choice of Lee makes.

He sounds like an intelligent and thoughful guy who will deserve and get our full support. Promoted by Xmas then :D sorry only kidding, make it easter  ;D

My only slight doubt is how much he has seen of our current squad playing (besides DR) and therefore how he would decide who to keep and who to release?

Whatever happens, its a new era and the ride is going to be fun!

bumble

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 03:21:19 PM »

Welcome Lee.

The more I hear, the more sense the board's choice of Lee makes.

He sounds like an intelligent and thoughful guy who will deserve and get our full support. Promoted by Xmas then :D sorry only kidding, make it easter  ;D

My only slight doubt is how much he has seen of our current squad playing (besides DR) and therefore how he would decide who to keep and who to release?

Whatever happens, its a new era and the ride is going to be fun!

Just dont show him the blyth or curzon video.....

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »

Good  ;)

Way hey hey!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 03:33:54 PM »

Just dont show him the blyth or curzon video.....

The Blyth and Curzon videos are the very first things that should be sent to him!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott