PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sammy McIlroy - Thoughts?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Sammy McIlroy - Thoughts?  (Read 21676 times)

joe

Re: Sammy McIlroy - Thoughts?
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2011, 06:08:33 PM »

Yawn yawn yawn Jacko. Give it a rest now eh?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2011, 06:31:42 PM »

the club is always principle not the manager,

where one sentence will do u write a book

Actually, the word you are looking for is principal.

Short enough for you...?!

thought grammer nazi's were a thing of the past? do u spend a lot of time using spellcheck? is it fun?

Plurals don't require apostrophes.

(I could spend the rest of my life doing this).

Anyhow, Sammy McIlroy - does anyone have any thoughts...?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2011, 06:36:24 PM »

T**t

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2011, 06:51:46 PM »

I've been thinking and after long consideration have decided not to return to Moss Lane. The primary reason for this is OGC Alty's stuck in the past mantalitys.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »

thought grammer nazi's were a thing of the past? do u spend a lot of time using spellcheck? is it fun?

Jacko - The use of a spellchecker in this situation would have been nugatory as both are correct spellings, although I can guarantee that Mr Cult is entirely capable of spelling either correctly.

However a principle is indeed significantly different to a principal and Mr Cult is also able to correctly differentiate between the two.

Oh and by the way it's actually spelt Grammar  (Grammer being the surname of an American Actor)

joe

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2011, 07:59:31 PM »

Jacko - The use of a spellchecker in this situation would have been nugatory as both are correct spellings, although I can guarantee that Mr Cult is entirely capable of spelling either correctly.

However a principle is indeed significantly different to a principal and Mr Cult is also able to correctly differentiate between the two.

Oh and by the way it's actually spelt Grammar  (Grammer being the surname of an American Actor)

;D

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2011, 08:54:52 PM »

I bet he'd want a good company car!!

Narcissist

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2011, 09:22:46 PM »

I've been thinking and after long consideration have decided not to return to Moss Lane. The primary reason for this is OGC Alty's stuck in the past mantalitys.

How dare you bring my mantalitys into question!!!!

It's a modern twist on the historic manatiltys that has been commonly seen at moss lane.  You wont find mantalitilitation this unique anywhere else. And whilst you're at it just admit that you'd be on the golf road even if he'll froze over and bin lardon took control!

taxi Phil

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2011, 09:56:51 PM »

I don't like the sound of this mantalitys. Is it contagious ? If I come down with it, will I recover in time for the pre-season friendlies ? I intend to get to as many of them as I can, it's a matter of principle (one of my principal ones !)

finnquark

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2011, 10:26:19 PM »

It's a modern twist on the historic manatiltys that has been commonly seen at moss lane.  You wont find mantalitilitation this unique anywhere else. And whilst you're at it just admit that you'd be on the golf road even if he'll froze over and bin lardon took control!

I agree, its absolutely hilarious to poke fun at people who misspell words. High comedy at it's finest, five stars.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:24:03 AM by finnquark »

bighairedmike

« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2011, 05:03:32 AM »

It's a modern twist on the historic manatiltys that has been commonly seen at moss lane.  You wont find mantalitilitation this unique anywhere else. And whilst you're at it just admit that you'd be on the golf road even if he'll froze over and bin lardon took control!

I agree, its absolutely hilarious to poke fun at people who misspell words. High comedy at it's finest, five stars.

Mis-spelling has nothing to do with it. The fact that he is a prize prick has everything to do with it.

Jacko

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2011, 01:13:08 PM »

Mis-spelling has nothing to do with it. The fact that he is a prize prick has everything to do with it.
i dont care about people insulting themselves trying to make fun of my phones inability to spell words but being called a prick by a jumped up little sh*t like u is ridiculous!

Butty

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2011, 01:20:25 PM »

Can everyone just calm down and shut up? It's getting quite annoying now.

markecky

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »

Thoughts on Sammy McIlroy?

If he can take the salary drop he wouldn't be the worst choice. 

Knows non league and will have kept his hand in with some good league connections added in as well.

brian1925

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2011, 02:41:09 PM »

A guy who has played at the World Cup, played for Man United, managed in league and non league, plenty of contacts, lives locally. I think we should be so lucky! Can't see it though, but fingers crossed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sammy McIlroy - Thoughts?