PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sammy McIlroy - Thoughts?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Sammy McIlroy - Thoughts?  (Read 21689 times)

Jacko

Re: Sammy McIlroy - Thoughts?
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2011, 03:09:20 PM »

im too busy at work to even read to your usual condescending nonsense ocg, if im a 'f**king troll i'd hate to think what you are!

you clearly no nothing about football i'll say again please bore off

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:12:41 PM by Jacko »

bighairedmike

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2011, 03:34:50 PM »

im too busy at work to even read to your usual condescending nonsense ocg, if im a 'f**king troll i'd hate to think what you are!

you clearly no nothing about football i'll say again please bore off

You are to busy to read what he has put yet note he called you a troll. Well done on that score if you havent read it. And calling someone a troll obviously means they have no clue about football. You are a genius Jacko.

On topic, I don't think Stabby would be the right man for reasons other people have stated (wages etc.). But, in the board we trust.

Jacko

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »

are you lot sleeping with eachother or something? get from out of one anothers arses

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2011, 03:52:19 PM »

Or maybe you're the one talking nonsense and everyone else is speaking some degree of sense?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Jacko

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2011, 04:20:13 PM »

Get a room

bumble

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2011, 04:35:04 PM »

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:38:32 PM by FatDog »

Jacko

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2011, 04:39:05 PM »

I don't care what u say, if the team is winning u will go to watch even if Colin peake was in charge,
People don't pay to see managers and they certianly dont come on here to listen to grown men moaning

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2011, 04:56:22 PM »

Jacko,

People behave differently to each other, people think differently to each other, just because you find it hard to imagine how anyone could act in such a way does not mean that they would not act in that way. Some people are materialistic and can't believe that if everyone had the money they wouldn't be spending it on D&G gold plated phones, flash cars and other status symbols. Personally I can't understand the materialistic mindset, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Viva la difference. People are different (and no points to the first person to reply "I'm not"), can't we just leave it at that?

As regards Sammy Mc, I have no strong opinion either way, but in general would prefer an up-and-coming manager.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jacko

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2011, 05:07:10 PM »

Jacko,

People behave differently to each other, people think differently to each other, just because you find it hard to imagine how anyone could act in such a way does not mean that they would not act in that way. Some people are materialistic and can't believe that if everyone had the money they wouldn't be spending it on D&G gold plated phones, flash cars and other status symbols. Personally I can't understand the materialistic mindset, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Viva la difference. People are different (and no points to the first person to reply "I'm not"), can't we just leave it at that?

As regards Sammy Mc, I have no strong opinion either way, but in general would prefer an up-and-coming manager.
thanks for the sensible reply ug, but in the same way people often say im never drinking again you can bet your life they'll be back in the pub at some point,
so yes i genuinly think these fans our very much short sighted cretins to say they wouldnt come to moss lane if so and so was managing knowing full well as soon as they get on a good run they will be back

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2011, 05:13:46 PM »

I find it quite petty and childish that people will not watch and support THEIR football club because of one man's history- should we all turn on Ryan Brown because he used to play for Northwich?

I can assure you that I have nothing against people who have had the misfortune to have played for Northwich Victoria at some stage in their career (with the exception of Jeff Forshaw, obviously).

If I did, I would have boycotted Moss Lane after the arrival of a certain John King back in November 1977.

My objection to a certain character is based on much deeper principles than that.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 06:02:38 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2011, 05:17:42 PM »

Jacko's homepage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Anyhow, came on thread to say that I think Sammy macc could do a job but I doubt we'd get him. If we did I think it would show a fair bit of ambition from the board and he would attract a lot of decent young players who want to play for a 'name' manager.
bore off zzzzzzzzzzz if u dont like what i post because you dont like this our that manager at alty for basically fickel reasons then thats your problem, also there are fans that wont come to matches becuase of fans like you having 'stuck in the past mantalitys' and that is a crying shame

Jacko, I have no idea what you are attempting to type.

I have no issue with any of our managers, I have never boycotted an alty match, neither I imagine has 'cult of'. I was pointing out however that some have in the past and will again despite what you think. Whether or not that is 'sad' I couldnt care less, its just fact. People have principles and you should respect that.

OGC Alty,

Correct.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2011, 05:25:16 PM »

Jacko,

thanks for the sensible reply ug, but in the same way people often say im never drinking again you can bet your life they'll be back in the pub at some point,
so yes i genuinly think these fans our very much short sighted cretins to say they wouldnt come to moss lane if so and so was managing knowing full well as soon as they get on a good run they will be back
[/b]

Jacko,

Seriously, why do you find the need to resort to such offensive terms to describe anyone who has the temerity to hold a different opinion than yourself?

I would not stoop to abandoning my principles just because Alty might have beaten Vauxhall Motors 4-0 in the Cheshire Senior Cup.

You don't know me one iota.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2011, 05:44:47 PM »

Cult, you're a man of principles who I respect and who speaks (for the most part  :D) sense.
From one forty-odd yearer to (almost) another, just recognise you can't feed sense to a troll.
I've felt for the last few days that I wanted to contribute more to these debates but didn't - because they're not debates
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jacko

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2011, 05:50:13 PM »

the club is always principle not the manager,

where one sentence will do u write a book
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 05:59:05 PM by Jacko »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2011, 06:05:35 PM »

the club is always principle not the manager,

where one sentence will do u write a book

Actually, the word you are looking for is principal.

Short enough for you...?!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sammy McIlroy - Thoughts?