PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ken Mckenna
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ken Mckenna  (Read 6010 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ken Mckenna
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 10:55:02 PM »

I'll provide the sandwiches for the journey  ;D

Good luck Kenny

Pete wouldnt get a fkn look in with those Gal  ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 11:00:03 PM »

good luck to him, bentley is  a scouser so no surprise, maybe one or two players to go there ?

We only have one player, and if they want twiss back, they can bloody well have him, Ill drive him there if they want.
Make sure you chain him to something secure so he doesn't find his way back here again.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 11:02:11 PM »

good luck to him, bentley is  a scouser so no surprise, maybe one or two players to go there ?

We only have one player, and if they want twiss back, they can bloody well have him, Ill drive him there if they want.
Make sure you chain him to something secure so he doesn't find his way back here again.

If he ran back he wouldnt be at ML until about fkn Xmas anyway..

bumble

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 11:03:40 PM »

On a serious note, twiss may turn good

Take Marc Joseph
Not the best first few games, but after Christmas was mostly  solid

Maybe our new manager may get the best out of him

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 11:15:37 PM »

Good luck Ken, hope it all works out well for you.
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 11:30:56 PM »

Good Luck Ken

I hope it all works out as you'd want it to

bigcol

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 11:33:43 PM »

Question: would he have took this job even if he was still in charge?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 12:10:31 AM »

Question: would he have took this job even if he was still in charge?

He was in charge but decided not to stay on.  Do you mean would he have taken this new job if we had stayed up and Ken was stll manager ?....who knows - a full time gig at a league club is always something to ponder.

Good luck to Ken, he worked miracles at times to almost pull it off. With the home fixtures remaining when GH left, I always believed we would be safe before Newport at home. However when all said and done, we were not capable of getting enough points from our relegation rivals to keep us up.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:51:52 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

AltyIan

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 12:50:33 AM »

Well done Kenny, a step forward in your career without a doubt. I can see that man hitting the big time in the forseeable future, his half time teamtalks against forest green and eastbourne alone and the performances in the respected second halves showed his class. Almost kept a shocking team up, bon voyage.

Jezza

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 02:28:16 PM »

deliberatly logged in to find this thread and wish ken all the best at Morecambe!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 10:02:18 PM »

Best wishes Kenny at Morecambe, you never made any secret of your enjoyment in training players full time,...... I dont doubt that Kenny had this job (and maybe others too) on offer for a while, but I dont have a problem with that and his efforts for Alty were top draw, and Bimmo's too. All the best lads ;D

Steve-o

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 10:22:47 PM »

Think the only way that twiss would come good would be for him to lose 2 stone (minimum)

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 10:42:15 PM »

Best wishes Kenny at Morecambe, you never made any secret of your enjoyment in training players full time,...... I dont doubt that Kenny had this job (and maybe others too) on offer for a while, but I dont have a problem with that and his efforts for Alty were top draw, and Bimmo's too. All the best lads ;D
I can assure all supporters that the opportunity to join Morecambe came after he had declined the Alty job, it was not a consideration in declining the offer of Managing Alty for next season and beyond. I know coz I'd been in contact with Ken regularly since the end of the season.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 05:10:14 PM »

I can assure all supporters that the opportunity to join Morecambe came after he had declined the Alty job, it was not a consideration in declining the offer of Managing Alty for next season and beyond. I know coz I'd been in contact with Ken regularly since the end of the season.

Sorry forgot to mention Sean and Ian as well ;D. What I meant was that Kenny must have been on a few clubs/peoples radar before he left Alty, and I feel sure he really wanted the chance to work full time with players, cant blame him for that. Pity we cant keep the team together, but thats life, onwards and upwards, hopefully with Ian doing something too besides shirts :D :D
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ken Mckenna