PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PLAYOFF FINAL
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PLAYOFF FINAL  (Read 4171 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: PLAYOFF FINAL
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 12:06:48 PM »

At least there will be one trophy on display at City's ground this weekend  ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 10:16:50 PM »

As a footnote to a quite decent article on AFCW by Tom Dart in today's Times, the following appears :

Supporters have criticised ticket prices for Saturday's play-off final.The 48,000 capacity City of Manchester Stadium is likely to be less than half full, with the £41.25 minimum cost of an adult seat a factor.

The Football Conference has decided to sell via an agency, See Tickets, which charges a booking fee of £3 and P&P of £2.25 per ticket.

By comparison, adult tickets for the Football League play-off finals start at £36 (Championship), £30 (League 1), and £26 (League 2).

Kevin Rye of Supporters Direct said "It's disappointing that ticket prices have been set in this way. I'm afraid most people are saying no." 

bighairedmike

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 04:43:09 AM »

As a footnote to a quite decent article on AFCW by Tom Dart in today's Times, the following appears :

Supporters have criticised ticket prices for Saturday's play-off final.The 48,000 capacity City of Manchester Stadium is likely to be less than half full, with the £41.25 minimum cost of an adult seat a factor.

The Football Conference has decided to sell via an agency, See Tickets, which charges a booking fee of £3 and P&P of £2.25 per ticket.

By comparison, adult tickets for the Football League play-off finals start at £36 (Championship), £30 (League 1), and £26 (League 2).

Kevin Rye of Supporters Direct said "It's disappointing that ticket prices have been set in this way. I'm afraid most people are saying no." 

I quite agree. If it had been us in this situation I would have paid that to see us (potentially) get into the football league. I would have gone to watch this match as a neutral, however £40 for 2 teams I care nothing for? Absolute joke. They are pushing neutrals out completely. I dont blame them for that, however they would make a lot more money from cheaper tickets and more people going than more expensive tickets because that is what they think is "right".
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PLAYOFF FINAL