PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who is and Who isn't
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Who is and Who isn't  (Read 4072 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Who is and Who isn't
« on: May 10, 2011, 02:38:40 PM »

I dont know if it is possible or bad ettiquette etc but is there any chance of somebody posting a definitive list of who has done what ie Moved clubs, refused the pay cut etc...

The reason I ask is that I am basically a curious and nosey bastard and would like to know the reasons for what seems a mass exodus... I appreciate money is tight but from reading Ex GK post last night the fkn club must be like the Marie Celeste right now..

has anybody seen Tumble weed blowing down Moss Lane.

markecky

Re: Who is and Who isn't
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 02:57:20 PM »

I think you are reading to much into Ian's post.

As nice a fella as Ian is, a goalkeeping coach in the Conference North is a luxury.

And is Sean has been offered a role at a full time club then thats a step up for him and not a surprise, he is a very well qualified physio.

These next few weeks are the time when offers are made to players and discussion take place.

If you dont have any ongoing contracts into the next season then its pretty normal to not have any players signed up at this stage.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 03:01:51 PM »

Don't think much will happen until we get a new manager.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 03:07:19 PM »

I dont know if it is possible or bad ettiquette etc but is there any chance of somebody posting a definitive list of who has done what ie Moved clubs, refused the pay cut etc...

The reason I ask is that I am basically a curious and nosey bastard and would like to know the reasons for what seems a mass exodus... I appreciate money is tight but from reading Ex GK post last night the fkn club must be like the Marie Celeste right now..

I called in at the club this morning are there are definately some people still there !   ::)  ::)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 03:10:14 PM »

Brian - With Sean leaving I suspect the Fitness Scheme you won in the end of season draw may have to wait ??  ???  ???

alternatively... how are you fixed to take pre-season training  ;D   ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 03:55:47 PM by (S)ALTY »

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 03:38:56 PM »

That turn of phrase made me laugh out loud  :D

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 03:43:21 PM »

However, if Twiss had been on board the Marie Celeste, it would have sunk.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 03:48:07 PM »

Every ship has to have Ballast  ;)

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 03:53:01 PM »

I think you are reading to much into Ian's post.

As nice a fella as Ian is, a goalkeeping coach in the Conference North is a luxury.

And is Sean has been offered a role at a full time club then thats a step up for him and not a surprise, he is a very well qualified physio.

These next few weeks are the time when offers are made to players and discussion take place.

If you dont have any ongoing contracts into the next season then its pretty normal to not have any players signed up at this stage.

Totally agree!!

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 04:30:40 PM »

Brian - With Sean leaving I suspect the Fitness Scheme you won in the end of season draw may have to wait ??  ???  ???

alternatively... how are you fixed to take pre-season training  ;D   ;D  ;D

Paul, Just spoken to the chaiman, and I'm the first to sign up for pre-season training.
Jenny said that this Fitness Scheme better not effect her bar profits ;)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 04:36:26 PM »

I don't agree, Barry, however I doubt those who found the ship would have found half-eaten meals in the mess hall!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 05:21:41 PM »

Just going off on a tangent for a moment, I wonder what everyone thinks of the "Stalybridge option" of going full time with young hungry kids and one or two PT seasoned pros on a wage bill similar to (or even a little lower than) PT football? We've got a few in the youth team for a start and the big local clubs will be shedding loads in the summer. The theory is you find the odd gem every couple of years to augment the kitty.
We'd need a manager who could really coach them though.
We wouldn't win the league for a year or two perhaps but we're going to have to have a total rebuild now aren't we? ... what do you think?*

*Actually perhaps I'm crackers, but I can see a lot of upsides to this.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 05:27:59 PM »

Just going off on a tangent for a moment, I wonder what everyone thinks of the "Stalybridge option" of going full time with young hungry kids and one or two PT seasoned pros on a wage bill similar to (or even a little lower than) PT football? We've got a few in the youth team for a start and the big local clubs will be shedding loads in the summer. The theory is you find the odd gem every couple of years to augment the kitty.
We wouldn't win the league for a year or two perhaps but we're going to have to have a total rebuild now aren't we? ... what do you think?*

Actually perhaps I'm crackers, but I can see a lot of upsides to this.

Downside is you have to pay players i think for 50 weeks where as part time you only have to pay for 46, Plus feeding playes whilist at training then having to wash there kit every night
i may be wrong on this but there's other things as well as needing a pyhsio whilist there training
@AltyDaz

Jacko

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 06:05:26 PM »

Actually perhaps I'm crackers, but I can see a lot of upsides to this.

Downside is you have to pay players i think for 50 weeks where as part time you only have to pay for 46, Plus feeding playes whilist at training then having to wash there kit every night
i may be wrong on this but there's other things as well as needing a pyhsio whilist there training
i think alty will always want hard working experianced players as progressive young players seem to slip through non leagues teams hands far too readily,also has anyone else got the sneaky feeling more than one club will fail the agm this season? i think rushden are all but gone so theres one, of course everyone keeps saying we dont want a repreive again but i for one would!! not wanting to spread false hope of course 8)
this league refuse for us to go down so lets see
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:10:18 PM by Jacko »

VofD

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 08:29:54 PM »

Stockport County for another, perhaps. ;) ;) ;)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who is and Who isn't