PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Candidates list
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Candidates list  (Read 38043 times)

markecky

Re: Candidates list
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »

I'd like a fresh face, Lowe at Curzon did a decent job, McGregor is a good shout..

What about Graham Barrow (If Wigan get relegated Martinez and staff might be sacked?) or Peter Band?

If Heathcote applied, his application should be shredded. If the board are naive enough to re-appoint the person who got us into this mess (I'll wait for the but he got us promoted blurb etc) in the first place, then they should be taken out and shot!

If GH is re-appointed as Alty manager a lot of people (who are regulars now and form our hardcore support) will not be watching Alty next season....

WOW totally untrue, GH wont be back but without him we wouldnt of been there in the first place, the players must laugh at some of our fans comments, they know GH was a good man and a good manager, let it go
and how much over the budget did KM go trying to keep us up? he said it was well over, if this is the case god help us

This is old news Jacko...please don't sound so surprised.  Its been done to death by Vessey for the last 2 months

Jacko

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2011, 03:22:57 PM »

I'd like a fresh face, Lowe at Curzon did a decent job, McGregor is a good shout..

What about Graham Barrow (If Wigan get relegated Martinez and staff might be sacked?) or Peter Band?

If Heathcote applied, his application should be shredded. If the board are naive enough to re-appoint the person who got us into this mess (I'll wait for the but he got us promoted blurb etc) in the first place, then they should be taken out and shot!

If GH is re-appointed as Alty manager a lot of people (who are regulars now and form our hardcore support) will not be watching Alty next season....

WOW totally untrue, GH wont be back but without him we wouldnt of been there in the first place, the players must laugh at some of our fans comments, they know GH was a good man and a good manager, let it go
and how much over the budget did KM go trying to keep us up? he said it was well over, if this is the case god help us

This is old news Jacko...please don't sound so surprised.  Its been done to death by Vessey for the last 2 months
i dont read vesseys topics,i new it was over but not well over, i just hope it doesnt effect our re-budgetting too much

fuertes

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2011, 03:52:57 PM »

i dont read vesseys topics,i new it was over but not well over, i just hope it doesnt effect our re-budgetting too much

It will significantly affect it. Still, we all knew as much and I think we were all in agreement it was a calculated gamble that was worth being taken.

York Alty

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2011, 04:07:23 PM »

please not sammy mcilroy!

there are a few weeks, but not many to get this right.  We appointed Ken after a chronic start and the club leadership in flux.  We don't have a change of chairman to contend with this time.  Ken was the right appointment. We can make another good appointment.

roytonmike

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2011, 04:28:16 PM »

To appoint a player-manager would in my view, based on past experience, be a mistake. It would also be a mistake to assume that (m)any of our 2010-11 players are likely to attract interest from BSP clubs - one or two might think they will but I'm not so sure - or are likely to attract substantially higher wage offers from other BSN clubs. That said, we may be best served by starting again from scratch as far as the greater part of the playing staff are concerned, and to that end a fresh mind in charge, without any particular connection to the current playing staff, may be beneficial.

joe

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2011, 04:28:42 PM »

The board are after someone with previous Blue Square North experience which narrows it down considerably! Paul Cox would be my number one choice but would he travel and would he be able to do it on a small budget?

Jacko

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2011, 04:44:47 PM »

It will significantly affect it. Still, we all knew as much and I think we were all in agreement it was a calculated gamble that was worth being taken.
who was in agreement? was this before or after GH left?

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2011, 04:54:37 PM »

Oh good, another thread becoming a GH discussion. Put a sock in it Jacko and look to the future.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

fuertes

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »

After. You know, pushing the boat out a bit in order to sign the likes of Greg Young and Dale Johnson? What we stood to gain was greater than what we stood to lose, so we took a gamble. It's a gmable we could afford to lose in that in order to re-balance the books, we simply have to trim the wage budget this season rather than anything drastic like stop paying our taxes.

It didn't work, but it was worth a punt. Just got to get on with it now.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »

Lee sinnott would be my choice,out of work,knows the conference north,got a team promoted from the conference north,discovered damien reeves,who may stay if reunited with his old gaffer, fairly young,used to working on a moderate budget.Heres hoping the job is advertised outside greater manchester so he knows its available

robins1978

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »

please not sammy mcilroy!

there are a few weeks, but not many to get this right.  We appointed Ken after a chronic start and the club leadership in flux.  We don't have a change of chairman to contend with this time.  Ken was the right appointment. We can make another good appointment.

why not sammy mcilroy?

Jacko

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2011, 05:07:14 PM »

Oh good, another thread becoming a GH discussion. Put a sock in it Jacko and look to the future.
WTF you on about GH was mentioned well before i did? all i asked was did we agree to this spending KM has told us about after he left

Jacko

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2011, 05:09:11 PM »

After. You know, pushing the boat out a bit in order to sign the likes of Greg Young and Dale Johnson? What we stood to gain was greater than what we stood to lose, so we took a gamble. It's a gmable we could afford to lose in that in order to re-balance the books, we simply have to trim the wage budget this season rather than anything drastic like stop paying our taxes.

Thank you sir, this is what i was looking for, i sense people get a bit edgy if i ask questions but this is a forum so i dont care, but what im probing at is maybe its going to effect the management position in such a way we need to go even further down the pyramid for a suitable manager.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:15:03 PM by Jacko »

markecky

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2011, 05:52:39 PM »

Thank you sir, this is what i was looking for, i sense people get a bit edgy if i ask questions but this is a forum so i dont care, but what im probing at is maybe its going to effect the management position in such a way we need to go even further down the pyramid for a suitable manager.

What you're "probing"?  You're not Roger Cook.

Everyone knew about it.  We always run at maximum budget...

We got in Bateson when we had no defenders, we got in Connors when we needed a lift and we brought the talismanic  Greg Young back to save us.

It was a calculated gamble that not many people had a problem with at the time.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2011, 05:56:11 PM »

Lee Sinnott - unattached
Carl Mcauley - Vauxhall
Gary Lowe - unattached
Dave Challioner - colwyn bay
Niel Young - Chester
Alley Pickering - new mills
Tommy Lawson - skemersdale