PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Candidates list
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Candidates list  (Read 38057 times)

fuertes

Re: Candidates list
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »

If GH is re-appointed as Alty manager a lot of people (who are regulars now and form our hardcore support) will not be watching Alty next season....

I'm certain he wouldn't apply and the board wouldn't have him anyway.

brian1925

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »

Well I'm going to say it. GH cocked up this season big time, but he has done Conference North before with a budget of approximately nothing. When he left I felt (and still do) that it was for the good of the club, but in case anybody hasn't noticed, our situation has changed. I'd go with GH and if there's any money for an assistant, ask Col, Bandy or Mad dog.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2011, 02:07:40 PM »

What about Andy Preece of Northwich.
Well respected, and knows how to use a small budget

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2011, 02:12:41 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo on the last couple of postings.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2011, 02:17:34 PM »

There are 100's of managers out of work, we ideally need one that is currently unemployed or on a rolling contract, that hasnt been here before, and that doesnt have to have his bouncer  with him on the touchline like preece does,and that can work with the contraints of a budget,and can handle working for what is still a big club, with reasonable expectations.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2011, 02:23:06 PM »

ROFL.I was wondering who would be the first to mention GH,JD you did not let me down.
Is the the big announcement that Brian Flynn was saying to watch this space for,or is it Paul Scholes is coming to be player manager?
Harold

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »

Given money is tight should we be trying to kill two birds with one stone and appoint a player manager?

At the very least any assistant/coach should also play. I don't think we can afford the luxury of having two poeple in the dug out.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2011, 02:28:44 PM »

Or even two people!!!!!

andrewflynn

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2011, 02:34:41 PM »

GH, no thanks..

RocketDan

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2011, 02:39:14 PM »

Is the the big announcement that Brian Flynn was saying to watch this space for...

Good point, maybe Kenny leaving isnt the big announcement and the big annoucement will be the replacement. I wonder how long the club has known? Perhaps they already have the replacement signed and sealed.

markecky

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2011, 02:41:35 PM »

Is the the big announcement that Brian Flynn was saying to watch this space for...

Good point, maybe Kenny leaving isnt the big announcement and the big annoucement will be the replacement. I wonder how long the club has known? Perhaps they already have the replacement signed and sealed.

I think there was a meeting with Kenny yesterday.

The big announcement was the sponsorship I am sure.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2011, 02:57:14 PM »

Jacko

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2011, 03:02:01 PM »

I'd like a fresh face, Lowe at Curzon did a decent job, McGregor is a good shout..

What about Graham Barrow (If Wigan get relegated Martinez and staff might be sacked?) or Peter Band?

If Heathcote applied, his application should be shredded. If the board are naive enough to re-appoint the person who got us into this mess (I'll wait for the but he got us promoted blurb etc) in the first place, then they should be taken out and shot!

If GH is re-appointed as Alty manager a lot of people (who are regulars now and form our hardcore support) will not be watching Alty next season....

WOW totally untrue, GH wont be back but without him we wouldnt of been there in the first place, the players must laugh at some of our fans comments, they know GH was a good man and a good manager, let it go

Jacko

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2011, 03:06:51 PM »

I'd like a fresh face, Lowe at Curzon did a decent job, McGregor is a good shout..

What about Graham Barrow (If Wigan get relegated Martinez and staff might be sacked?) or Peter Band?

If Heathcote applied, his application should be shredded. If the board are naive enough to re-appoint the person who got us into this mess (I'll wait for the but he got us promoted blurb etc) in the first place, then they should be taken out and shot!

WOW totally untrue, GH wont be back but without him we wouldnt of been there in the first place, the players must laugh at some of our fans comments, they know GH was a good man and a good manager, let it go
and how much over the budget did KM go trying to keep us up? he said it was well over, if this is the case god help us

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2011, 03:07:43 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Candidates list