PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Candidates list
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Candidates list  (Read 38058 times)

Jezza

Re: Candidates list
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 11:10:57 AM »

I'd like to see a fresh face with no previous alty connections and it is important we give the new manager support and time....at least ten games before we slate him....(removes tongue from cheek)

I think we need a season of rebuilding a good young side around 3 of our better BSP quality players...and then have a side that will stay together and compete for a few years in the BSP rather than the season in season out loan sqauds....

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 11:32:56 AM »

I'd like to see a fresh face with no previous alty connections and it is important we give the new manager support and time....at least ten games before we slate him....(removes tongue from cheek)

I think we need a season of rebuilding a good young side around 3 of our better BSP quality players...and then have a side that will stay together and compete for a few years in the BSP rather than the season in season out loan sqauds....

Reading between the lines of Ken's decision, I wonder just how many of those there'll be (there wasn't many to start with)?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 11:43:22 AM »

Well I imagine at present we have

1) Stuart Coburn
9) Micheal Twiss

If players dont want to take collective responsibility for their own actions over the course of a season, and try and put the situation right, then I'd rather they werent here. What did they expect when they produced the worst season in living memory, with the iceing on the cake being that eastbourne farce,a pay rise? Im 100% behind those that want to stay and put things right,the rest can do what they want....

roytonmike

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 11:43:49 AM »

It's important to be realistic - it has to be someone who will be prepared to work on what is for us a low budget (I assume that the figure of £3K/week all in won't be too far wide of the mark), and probably - bearing in mind the budget - rebuild from scratch. Of the names mentioned McGregor or Lowe might fit the bill. I agree that a fresh face might be a good idea and that whoever gets the job must get support and time from all concerned.
One possible economy measure the newcomer could institute - the use of our contracted player as a heavy roller for the pitch?

markecky

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »

1) Stuart Coburn
9) Micheal Twiss

If players dont want to take collective responsibility for their own actions over the course of a season, and try and put the situation right, then I'd rather they werent here. What did they expect when they produced the worst season in living memory, with the iceing on the cake being that eastbourne farce,a pay rise? Im 100% behind those that want to stay and put things right,the rest can do what they want....

Spot on.  The fact they are also likely to get paid every week doesn't even seem to enter their heads.  Its great being promised £600 a week but how many times have we heard of players not being paid.

Any player that takes a drop and stays with us should be congratulated.  The grass is not always greener...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2011, 11:51:02 AM »

1) Stuart Coburn
9) Micheal Twiss

Spot on.  The fact they are also likely to get paid every week doesn't even seem to enter their heads.  Its great being promised £600 a week but how many times have we heard of players not being paid.

Any player that takes a drop and stays with us should be congratulated.  The grass is not always greener...

Exactly, whatever players can say about our club, the one thing is they are always treated professionally and looked after aswell as the top pro's in the country, and they get paid every week.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2011, 11:55:50 AM »

it would have been nice to see some of the players who got us relegated were keen enough to stay for at least a season in the BSN to try and give us a good base to start from, However the days of loyalty in the football world and sadly life in general are now long gone..

I agree with other posts, If they dont want to stay and fight for the club then so be it and get rid,  I would rather have 11 fighters willing to give their all for the team rather than folk who dont really give a sh*t.. (Whatever people say we had a few of those in the Squad this season).

Personally (after the dismay of being relegated) I am now looking forward to the future...

Cmon ALTY........

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2011, 12:05:33 PM »

Mark Mcgregor would be a good choice. His team did get relegated but only because Welsh Premier had implemented 8 relegation spots for the season. This year he won second division by a country mile but wasn't allowed promotion because of stadium problems. From what I saw of him last year he'd be BSN standard playing wise as well.

Also I think Jim Harvey would be a good choice.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2011, 12:15:53 PM »

I would expect a fairly healthy amount of applicants for the job. However, this will be severely trimmed down when the realities of our budget are made clear.

I just feel that a "name" is going to want a transfer kitty which we can't afford. It will therefore be interesting to see what happens over the coming weeks.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »

Mcllroy depature from morecambe now confirmed

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_6923160,00.html

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2011, 12:25:49 PM »

I am not convinced that a "NAME" will be the answer,, Names tend to be well known for their playing abilities rather than managerial skills...

From what I have been reading on here this morning, the bloke from Eastwood seems to have a decent track record in the lower echelons of the game

roytonmike

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2011, 12:26:35 PM »

I would expect a fairly healthy amount of applicants for the job. However, this will be severely trimmed down when the realities of our budget are made clear.
I just feel that a "name" is going to want a transfer kitty which we can't afford. It will therefore be interesting to see what happens over the coming weeks.
Totally agree with most of the above; not sure there will be that many viable applicants in the first place, though, and a fair few may well take fright when the financial position is made clear. As we haven't 'done' transfers for a long time, to expect a 'kitty' now would be stupid.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2011, 12:33:17 PM »

I am not convinced that a "NAME" will be the answer,, Names tend to be well known for their playing abilities rather than managerial skills...

From what I have been reading on here this morning, the bloke from Eastwood seems to have a decent track record in the lower echelons of the game

Totally agree Ray. I suspect that the board will want a young upcoming manager who has enthusiam, knows the local scene players wise and wants to make a name for himself, and able to work with a low budget. Mc Ilroy, Harvey would be going thro the motions in my view. The guy from Eastwood or Mark Mc Gregor sound more like it, I hear Gary Lowe from Curzon may be on Hyde shortlist, there must be quite a few suitable applicants for the board to consider, they are very sensible people and will make the best decision they can.

I just feel that the best we can now hope for is a decent settling in season in BSN, as it appears we will have few existing better players judging by what I've heard :P

9th May 2011,....an ALTY watershed I think, lets hope things go upwards from here :D

Dougals Dad

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2011, 12:56:45 PM »

I wonder if GH will apply?

(Scuttles back to hole in ground!)

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2011, 01:04:26 PM »

I'd like a fresh face, Lowe at Curzon did a decent job, McGregor is a good shout..

What about Graham Barrow (If Wigan get relegated Martinez and staff might be sacked?) or Peter Band?

If Heathcote applied, his application should be shredded. If the board are naive enough to re-appoint the person who got us into this mess (I'll wait for the but he got us promoted blurb etc) in the first place, then they should be taken out and shot!

If GH is re-appointed as Alty manager a lot of people (who are regulars now and form our hardcore support) will not be watching Alty next season....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Candidates list