PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Candidates list
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Candidates list  (Read 38045 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Candidates list
« on: May 09, 2011, 08:16:50 AM »

Feel free to add names to the list, just aslong as its not preece and his bouncer...

GARY LOWE ,up coming manager, just left curzon after taking them as far as he could,with limited support.

SAMMY Mc, rumoured to have left morecambe, howvere not confirmed

BILLY MCEWAN, Ex York manager

DAVID HOLDSWORTH, snigger

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Candidates list
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 08:30:41 AM »

Dave challinor from colwyn bay ? Two successive promotions ?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 08:38:40 AM »

Potentially a good candidate, but he was only in charge for this season's promotion.He was a player the year before & the manager was Neil Young.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 08:49:41 AM »

Neil Woods - Ex Grimsby manager, would he drop to BSN and would he be what we are looking for?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 08:50:19 AM »

Potentially a good candidate, but he was only in charge for this season's promotion.He was a player the year before & the manager was Neil Young.

So I take it there's more to the picture than meets the eye?

;)
Come on Alty!

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 08:51:53 AM »

McEwan? No way. Holdsworth?  :D What a useless muppet.

I really don't know how we'll go about recruiting a manager, but I'd like to think we'd have a hell of a lot of applicants. This is a good job at one of Non-League's biggest clubs. We as fans are patient and whoever is in charge knows the board won't interfere and there will be no dodgy financial pressures down the line whereby wages can't be paid or the club is hit by transfer embargoes.

I'd be quite happy with a young, highly-rated coach who's built a reputation at a FL club. I think it would give everyone the lift they need.

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »

What about a new young coach who is just climbing the ladder
with obvious Alty connections,Peter Band.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 09:08:55 AM »

Its nailed on >>>> Steve Evans....

How about Mark McGregor.....

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 09:18:27 AM »

Roy keane and paul ince both out of jobs as far as I know

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 09:23:08 AM »

Its nailed on >>>> Steve Evans....

How about Mark McGregor.....

That mightn't be a bad shout actually.

I was just thinking about him the other day actually. He was sort of a forgotten man. Played very well for us I thought, but left at a time when we were very strong at the back (any two of Young, Smith and Williams performing well in defence) and so little was made  of his departure. I suspect if he'd been on the field against the likes of Newport and Eastbourne we'd have avoided giving ourselves mountains to climb with such dire defending.

Anyway, yeah, I like McGregor. Seems a smart bloke as well.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 09:24:09 AM »

Paul Cox - just left Eastwood, and his mates money aswell of course

Carl Mcauley -Doing a fine job at Vauxhall Motors, doing well on a small budget

Paul Simpson - ex stockport

Jim Gannon - local and needs to relbuild his profile

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 09:33:11 AM »

Paul Cox would be an excellent shout. He achieved a great deal at Eastwood. Depends if he and his cohorts would fancy relocation.

I believe Carlo Ancelotti may be available...................... ;)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »

Paul Cox would be an excellent shout. He achieved a great deal at Eastwood. Depends if he and his cohorts would fancy relocation.

I believe Carlo Ancelotti may be available...................... ;)

Sir Alex wins the Champs Lge and bows out after 25 years at OT to take on the task of getting AFC back in the BSP...

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 09:40:33 AM »

Dean Saunders in a surprise exchange deal.
Ken to move to Wrexham.

(Actually, Stephen Cleeve, one of the dodgy characters looking to takeover Wrexham, was asked what sort of manager he would like if Saunders were to leave, as seems likely.
His reply was - Someone with experience of working in a tight budget in a Blue Square Premier team. Maybe Ken and GH could renew their partnership there!!)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 09:46:04 AM »

Taken from the ETFC website

After speaking with Paul last night, it is with regret that he has now resigned from his post as Manager of Eastwood Town FC.
Paul has spent the last few weeks considering his future and although it was a tough decision, he has decided that it is time to move on from Eastwood Town FC. He feels that with the disappointment of the decision from the Conference not to allow us to compete in the play-offs and with myself and Rob's decision to step away from the club, now would be a good time to step aside and give someone else the opportunity to take the club to the next level.

It has been a pleasure to work with Paul over the last few years and I’m sure there will be a lot of supporters who will be disappointed to see him depart after taking the club to its highest ever league finish.

Paul took the manager’s job on at a time when Eastwood were struggling at the bottom of the UniBond Division One and fighting a battling relegation. Despite a difficult start, the team finished just outside the play-off’s position.

The following season the Badgers finished in third position but gained promotion through the play-off’s after a 2-1 victory over Cammell Laird.

Their first season at UniBond Premier level saw the Badgers gain a creditable 4th after a turbulent season, however they were swept aside by a talented Gateshead side in the play-off’s.

In the 2008/09 season Eastwood were the toast of the non-league world, winning the UniBond Premier League, and reaching the third round of the F.A. Cup. The Non League Daily, Britain’s premier national newspaper dedicated to non league football, voted Manager Paul, the 10th best non league manager in the country. Over the season his team recorded 32 wins, 14 draws with only 7 defeats, scoring 98 goals in the process and having a goal difference of +56.

Eastwood’s first ever season at Blue Square North level saw them finish tenth after leading the table twice, and being in with a shout of the play-off’s until the final two weeks of the season.

This season he rebuilt a team that has finished on an unprecedented unbeaten run to finish fourth in the league. The team now proudly hold the record for the Blue Square North longest unbeaten run which is testament to Paul and the fantastic bunch of lads in the squad.

So in only five seasons Paul has won two promotions, five Nottinghamshire Senior Cup Trophies, and taken the club to the third round of the FA Cup two seasons.

On behalf of everyone at Eastwood Town FC, I would like to thank Paul for his tremendous work record and commitment over the last six years and wish him every success in the future.

I will update everyone on any potential changes in the ownership of the club as soon as I have any concrete news.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Candidates list