PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ken and Bimmo leave
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ken and Bimmo leave  (Read 10758 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ken and Bimmo leave
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 04:14:39 PM »

As others have said, in part, elsewhere what this really means is that only will we be needing a new manager but also a lot more of the squad are intending to leave than we would have hoped. This, for me, is the saddest point. With another good striker (or Denham playing regularly) we would have had a fair chance of reaching the play-offs. Now it's going to be another matter.

Not good news for a 60 year old supporter to hear. Without wishing to attract any p*ss-taking, I might never see Alty in the BSP again.

To use a Star Trek analogy when the engines have broken down, "Stars that were only days away are now light years in the future"!

PS: Sorry to get a little mystic/metaphysical but this could be a defining moment for Alty (Although I'll still be there! - it's too late in my life to jump ship now :D :D ::))
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 04:18:28 PM »

As others have said, in part, elsewhere what this really means is that only will we be needing a new manager but also a lot more of the squad are intending to leave than we would have hoped. This, for me, is the saddest point. With another good striker (or Denham playing regularly) we would have had a fair chance of reaching the play-offs. Now it's going to be another matter.

Not good news for a 60 year old supporter to hear. Without wishing to attract any p*ss-taking, I might never see Alty in the BSP again.

To use a Star Trek analogy when the engines have broken down, "Stars that were only days away are now light years in the future"!

PS: Sorry to get a little mystic/metaphysical but this could be a defining moment for Alty (Although I'll still be there! - it's too late in my life to jump ship now :D :D ::))

Think yourself lucky you can still jump  ;)

Jacko

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 04:49:38 PM »

did you just say we would have had a fair shout of the play-offs with a striker or denham back?  :o

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 04:56:33 PM »

did you just say we would have had a fair shout of the play-offs with a striker or denham back?  :o

Perhaps I wasn't being as clear as I should have been, Jacko. I meant the play-offs in next season's BSN not this season's BSP! (I may be Alty-delusional, but not to THAT degree  :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 08:15:53 PM »

Sad but expected news, thanks for all your efforts ken and stu, you were brilliant

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 12:15:49 AM »

Sorry to hear the news , but not suprised , good luck to you both and a big thanks

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 07:50:55 AM »

A new era beckons good luck for the future
ParkINson's red and white army

Altyant

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 09:12:20 PM »

Sad news. Kenny and Bimmo put so much into turning our season around, and almost pulled off the great escape. Thanks you for all your hard work and the great memories of Darlo and Grimsby away. Good luck in your future ventures

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 10:28:18 PM »

Expected but bad news. Though Ken has now left possibly with his reputation as an Alty legend enhanced. All the best to him and Bimmo. Reading the MEN article, it seems the playing budget is competitive, it was just a case of not being able to afford the backroom squad we had this season (all the best to Ian and Sean also). Unfortunately, cuts like having travel expenses from Cambridge for staff have to be done.

That article is a positive start to what should be an interesting summer.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ken and Bimmo leave