PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any news on Kens big decision?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any news on Kens big decision?  (Read 6218 times)

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

Re: Any news on Kens big decision?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 09:12:23 PM »

Ken is not at the dinner tonight!

ummm!

ALTYGAL

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 10:27:01 PM »

KMc's decision is down to which players are staying next season, if the right ones stay, so will he - simples!

Does it not work the other way round?

Surely Ken will base his decision on the terms of the deal offered, and the resources ect... players would then decide based on the contract offered and if they want to play BSN football
I know for a fact Ken was talking to the players to see who was staying and he was then going to decide whether to stay or go. I heard he was going to tell the board by this weekend.

altyshop

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 10:33:17 AM »

to be honest am getting sick of Kmc delayed decision, if he wants to be here next season-good, if not just go, cant afford any passengers anymore & if he isnt 100% focused on being here and wanting to be here get someone else in who is.

bumble

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 10:49:09 AM »

to be honest am getting sick of Kmc delayed decision, if he wants to be here next season-good, if not just go, cant afford any passengers anymore & if he isnt 100% focused on being here and wanting to be here get someone else in who is.

But we don't want him going go on I'll take it

Then in sep/oct realise he's not fully committed to it and has got the wrong players ect...

While I agree we need to get going ASAP - the ken decision will be the starting point - soon as that's done and dusted we'll hear hopefully whose staying and going ect.. 

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 11:12:02 AM »

What is this nonsense? the season's been over a week. HE will be making the decision soon but come on it's his fkn job, give the man time.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

altyshop

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 11:20:41 AM »

we need a manager in asap to get the palyers he wants before they commit elsewhere.other managers will be ringing players the day after the season never mind a week.
i dont care if the season is only a week old its needs doing now or we will end up getting 2nd,3rd choice players like last season mccready,holmes,twiss etc

fuertes

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 11:22:30 AM »

we need a manager in asap to get the palyers he wants before they commit elsewhere.other managers will be ringing players the day after the season never mind a week.
i dont care if the season is only a week old its needs doing now or we will end up getting 2nd,3rd choice players like last season mccready,holmes,twiss etc

I seem to remmeber we actually signed him fairly early. It wasn't a scraping the bottom of the barrel signing, which undoubtedly some of the others were. It just turned out he'd lost all interest in achieving anything in football when he turned up fat and never slimmed down.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 11:53:38 AM »

Even though the contracts haven't expired yet, and the fact is we don't have the funds to sign players up now having to pay them for a couple of extra months!

I am sure the "major announcement early next week" will tell us what we need to know. Give the great man a chance.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

fuertes

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 12:30:01 PM »

Even though the contracts haven't expired yet, and the fact is we don't have the funds to sign players up now having to pay them for a couple of extra months!

I am sure the "major announcement early next week" will tell us what we need to know. Give the great man a chance.

I thought one of the reasons we're part-time is we don't pay the players over the summer? Or am I misinformed on that score?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 12:48:36 PM »

I think it was HEathcote last season said that he signed players so late so he didn't have to pay them all through summer.

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 01:13:58 PM »

i am comfy with such a major decision being throroughly considered.

I do think Ken will stay - I don't remember him ducking out of many challenges.

In Ken I trust.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 06:39:33 PM »

surely something will be announced in the next couple of days
does anybody what the site meant by  "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT Altrincham FC joint Press Officer, Brian Flynn, tells us "It is highly likely that there will be an important announcement during the early part of next week......watch this space!". "
Could be that Wrexham and Rushden are going pop and us and Southport are staying up?  ;) (or is that one straw too many????)  :D :D :D :D
Brian, Hadn't you realised? That's the real reason the Alty season ticket prices for 2011/12 haven't been reduced to BS North levels. Or are we both deluded by conspiracy theories....?!

You never know with the way things have goine over the years, Barry, but I must say I'd be more confident if FGR had finished below us in the relegation zone!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 06:56:32 PM »

Personally I'm glad he is making a considered decision, one thats not an impulse decision either way. 

I know ( as has been said) he as been talking to our players this week to see if they will stay on reduced money.

I don't think we'll have to wait much longer.

Jenga

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2011, 08:06:56 PM »

Remember GH was full time. It appears KMc is part time.

Maybe they are considering and negotiating a full time contract?

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any news on Kens big decision?