News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Non alty, more eu nonsense!

Author Topic: Non alty, more eu nonsense!  (Read 2151 times)

timbo13

Re: Non alty, more eu nonsense!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:16:43 AM »

Rule # 1: never believe what you read in a jingoistic rag like the Express, who are trading off the nationalist fervour of a royal wedding to indulge in another round of EU scaremongering.

bumble

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 11:25:48 AM »

Rule # 1: never believe what you read in a jingoistic rag like the Express, who are trading off the nationalist fervour of a royal wedding to indulge in another round of EU scaremongering.

timbo normally id agree, but its been in 6 papers this morning

and its got a website...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:32:48 AM by Jack Jolly »

ant

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:36:18 AM »

Looking at the project, it would appear those areas earmarked would/have received substantial investment.  From a touristic persepective, the co-operation side of it is interesting but the seperate entity thing is complete nonsense which would never get off the ground.  I strongly suspect France and Britain were after the money and nothing else.  Any such radical move would be vetoed by both countries.  It looks like another ridiculous european idea (bit like the Lisbon treaty which had a clause in it telling each member state to take it's quota of illegal immigrants-ergo-people from North Africa currently flooding in to Italy and Malta).

What I would say is that the Daily Express is xenophobic.  I buy it occasionally but buying that paper every day of the week would make anyone paranoid towards anyone foreign and it makes me feel uncomfortable.  It's doing a good job of growing fear and hatred for minirities by always concentrating on the very radical end of small groups(no sense of perspective).  I trust the source you posted which is really interesting, but I wouldn't have  trusted the Express source on it's own.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 11:55:29 AM »

The only paper to which I would give less credence than the Express is the Mail, although it is a marginal decision.

I suppose at least there was no reference to Diana's death and the associated conspiracy theories which have been the stock in trade of this heinous rag for years

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 12:09:10 PM »

The only paper to which I would give less credence than the Express is the Mail, although it is a marginal decision.

This. Absolutely dreadful papers.

bumble

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 12:19:36 PM »

I suppose at least there was no reference to Diana's death and the associated conspiracy theories which have been the stock in trade of this heinous rag for years

marginal? mail is far worse than the express....

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 12:53:08 PM »

The EU story is actually old news. It has been a plan for a long time to have zones in Europe rather than/as well as countries.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 02:29:44 PM »

We would do better at football.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Non alty, more eu nonsense!