PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 what a way to go
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: what a way to go  (Read 6159 times)

Jacko

what a way to go
« on: April 30, 2011, 11:57:22 PM »

It certainly is a game of two halfs isn't it, eastbourne had a really decent counter attack with big pacey strikers and a midfield that was well at it, I think coburn would have stopped one of there goals btw, so 3-0 h/t and all but dead, people were actually leaving the ground at this point too,

second half there defence was awefull so clee and amazingly beesley cause massive problems and were back in it with moss lane roaring, next thing a stopperble shot hits the grubble in front of dootson and decides to stay on the ground  >:(!!!! Never have I felt nothingness at a match before in all my days,

Don't think we are good enough and think are time has come but i know happier times are ahead, let's start again and come back a stronger side one day, probably have to wait for the "new wave" fcum etc to go up but it'll happen, the robins will rise again!!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:07:48 AM by Jacko »

AltyFanInNottm

Re: what a way to go
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 12:11:36 AM »

We probably weren't good enough overall to stay up, but from when Ken took over they averaged more points than the teams around them. It's just that a poor start didn't give them much room for error or a poor spell.
Hopefully they can have a good crack at promotion.

Ken's got a good 3 to 4 months to get the players he wants for next season, and that has to be a better situation to be in than the one he suddenly found himself in sept last year.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 12:13:31 AM »

That's if ken stays hope he will

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 12:17:41 AM »

Ken's got a good 3 to 4 months to get the players he wants for next season, and that has to be a better situation to be in than the one he suddenly found himself in sept last year.

Not with the severely reduced budget that will be at his disposal (even if he stays).

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:21:33 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

AltyIan

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 03:43:12 AM »

Not with the severely reduced budget that will be at his disposal (even if he stays).

Don't mean to throw spanner in but i heard on grapevine he might have agreed terms with luton

chris888

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »

Don't mean to throw spanner in but i heard on grapevine he might have agreed terms with luton

i would not be surprised, every game we salute ken with the chants he replies and yesterday he did not acknowledge us... maybe a hint?

joe

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 10:32:03 AM »

It wouldn't be the end of the world if Ken went as long as we make a totally fresh start with a new manager who can build his own side early.

dunhamalty

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 10:39:41 AM »

I hope Ken doesnt leave, but if he does i would hope it be sooner rather than later so the new manager can come in and lay foundations for the new season

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 10:40:24 AM »

GH is still looking for a job and now lives within spitting distance of the ground  ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 10:42:55 AM »

GH is still looking for a job and now lives within spitting distance of the ground  ;)

Point me in the right direction, and ensure a following wind..................... >:(

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 10:44:58 AM »

As much as graham has done for the club, and as much as he is a decent manager at BSN level, I think you would find more alty fans sat in the bridge inn on a saturday afternoon than attending games if that was to happen. Im hoping ken stays, but if he doesnt, there are plenty of managers in the northwest out of work.And lets be clear about this, moderate budget or not, this is still a very high profile management position in nonleague football

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 11:07:03 AM »

i would not be surprised, every game we salute ken with the chants he replies and yesterday he did not acknowledge us... maybe a hint?

I'd not attach too much to that Ken did seem to have a few things on his mind at the time

DJ

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 01:14:44 PM »

So glad Alty are down. This makes me feel a lot happier about Vics. Scouseport going down is an added bonus! :)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 01:19:08 PM »

Im glad you have something to cling to, you can wank yourself silly thinking about it next season when your losing at home to sports centres infront of 300 people

DJ

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 01:31:34 PM »

Im glad you have something to cling to, you can wank yourself silly thinking about it next season when your losing at home to sports centres infront of 300 people
Some teams in the BSN are like that as well tbh and I would swap your position for ours immediately but it still makes me feel happier.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 what a way to go