News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time to drop..........

Author Topic: Time to drop..........  (Read 1827 times)

Altysmiffy

Time to drop..........
« on: February 10, 2007, 11:21:11 PM »

......Colin Little?

From the match report, "And after scoring in eight successive Conference games, Alty have now scored just once in the last four games which is all the more surprising given that it coincides with the return to the side after injury of Alty's top scorer of the last two seasons, Colin Little"

Reports suggest he needs to get some of his sharpness back. Maybe a couple of reserve games?

radcliffe alty

Re: Time to drop..........
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 01:20:17 AM »

Colin needs a goal and his confidence returns. He is by far the most gifted player in the side at the moment and he just needs the ball to bounce for him for his confidence to return. We have to keep playing him till he scores.

I would drop Azzer. He has played nearly every game this season and is now looking knackered. As a result he looks out of his depth. I personally thought he was appalling today. His passing is dreadful and the amount of times we were exposed on the right was unbeleivable as he tamely trotted back as York attacked with pace. His distribution was at times embarrassing today. He needs a rest badly and I don't see why we can't throw Gary Scott in there who in my mind is much better in an attacking sense.

Don't get me wrong, Azza has played his arse off for us this season, and I know he is trying his best. I'll always support any Alty player who does that, and I know 95% of the side are doing so.. But lets give the poor sod a rest for a few games and see what Scotty can do.

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 01:26:58 AM »

I have suggested that Colin should be dropped recently myself.

However today I thought he played very well indeed.

I would perhaps consider dropping all 11 of them and play the reserves like we did at Oxford !

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 08:22:18 AM »

I thought he had his best game in a while and seemed to link well with Bushel, like in the good old days.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 08:53:23 AM »

Colin did well today and would agree it was his bet game for a while.

lets face it we were outlayed in every department except for determination, the lads kept playing till the end!

Confidence is low across the team and hopefully GH will rally the team for the next three away games, I read his comments in the program and would agree with 95% of his comments.

We can voice our opinion on hear, and the comments made by all may be noted and perhaps help the club see things from a different perspective. My claim to fame was managing an U10 girls team and we never won a game! So who would listen to me!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time to drop..........