Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If you didn't see it...you wouldn't believe it.

Author Topic: If you didn't see it...you wouldn't believe it.  (Read 5179 times)

markecky

« on: April 25, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »

I'm sure the Radio Robins lads were good, and the Grimsby radio professional but if you didnt actually see the game you'd struggle to believe what it was like.

By my watch the game kicked off at 2:58 and robbed them off the ball at kick off, charged forward and Reeves was just about to bury it one on one when he got tackled by some great defending.

Then (I dont know what time this was) Reeves had a goal disallowed for offside. Clee is ripping them apart, everyone is battling like warriors and the 4000 Grimsby fans are going " whats going in here then?"

We continue is the same vein and Johnson misses an unmarked sitter from 3 yards out.

We continued to work so so hard and even when they had pressure we didnt look like conceding.

Dootson made a great save from one shot but we held out so well.

Grimsby played like we would play on "pay what you want day"...I bet the commercial department were just shaking their heads!

Thank you to Grimsby for allowing us to use the vouchers, decent gesture that.

And Flynny buying 40 copies of the Grimsby Telegraph must go down as a classic Alty moment.

The scenes at the end and when Darlington scored were superb...Robbie Lawton, Carl P and Stuart in particular were going mental.

I've had my pride restored..maybe after Saturday that's all I could ask for.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: If you didn't see it...you wouldn't believe it.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:12:32 PM »

What a performance, we genuinely outperformed them all over the pitch. Lawton and piergianni were great as was johnson, clee was his usual tricky self, Kenny please please please continue to play the 3 forwards of reeves, clee and johnson and do not revert back to 442 on saturday.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Butty

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 09:26:59 PM »

If Reeves had scored, I would have loved to have seen the Southport/FGR/Tamworth fans' faces when they found out we were 1-0 up before they had even kicked off

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 09:27:57 PM »

Well said Ecky...........how we were not 2 up at HT is a mystery

The win made up for the dissappointment of me and my lady missus being the only two people in the ground who coughed up full price.........having collected my tickets at 11am  :-[, I could not believe it when Flynny junior pitches up at the pub with 10 copies of the telegraph and hands them out !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 11:01:35 PM »

And Flynny buying 40 copies of the Grimsby Telegraph must go down as a classic Alty moment.

Ecky,

Brian Flynn actually being seen paying for anything qualifies as a classic moment.....!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 12:52:28 AM »

Ecky,

Brian Flynn actually being seen paying for anything qualifies as a classic moment.....!

I was hoping to get you a pint of Guinness after the Eastbourne game as well.......but as you can see, I am all spent up. ;D

lesgtfc

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 07:38:57 AM »

I definitely felt for your fans in the last 5 minutes when we were putting your goal under pressure. I could see the range of emotions you were going through. I'd even go as far to say that if we had equalised at the death I'd have actually felt sorry for your fans as in the grand scheme of things that goal would not really mean much to us as a team but would mean everything to you.

Nice to know our ticket office honoured the telegrapgh vouchers too. I'm sure that's the best £1(if that what was paid)  most have ever spent.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 10:07:04 AM »

Simply cannot believe that Grimsby are a team of full time professionals! They were dire and had nothing going forward...
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

lesgtfc

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 10:23:27 AM »

Simply cannot believe that Grimsby are a team of full time professionals! They were dire and had nothing going forward...

I agree, we were very poor yesterday. Our lads were just not up for it like your boys were. I would say quite a large percentage of our squad will be on their way after next Saturday.

At least Alan Connells 29 goals so far this season does show that we're not always that poor though.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 10:24:06 AM »

From looking at their forum, it seems that there wll be massive changes there as soon as contracts end next week

markecky

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 10:24:38 AM »

Beat me to it!

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 09:55:27 PM »

From looking at their forum, it seems that there wll be massive changes there as soon as contracts end next week

contracts?  eee, if only...

Altyant

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 10:01:05 PM »

The win made up for the dissappointment of me and my lady missus being the only two people in the ground who coughed up full price.........having collected my tickets at 11am  :-[, I could not believe it when Flynny junior pitches up at the pub with 10 copies of the telegraph and hands them out !

Not quite Mick. Both my mate and I paid £18 to get in! The 'we paid what want' song then caused us some bemusement!! :)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 11:32:51 PM »

Not quite Mick. Both my mate and I paid £18 to get in! The 'we paid what want' song then caused us some bemusement!! :)

And me.....couldn't care less though, cheap at many times the price
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team