News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good luck Alty

Author Topic: Good luck Alty  (Read 1965 times)

Henrys Cat

Good luck Alty
« on: April 27, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »

I'd just like to wish Altrincham all the luck in the world against Eastbourne at the weekend and both hope and believe that Blue square Premier League football will be on view at Moss lane next season.

I'll be honest, I only started watching Alty in March when my son came on loan from Accy Stanley. The plan was to stay until the end of the season and help Alty retain their BSP status. Sadly his involvement ended at Fleetwood 10 days ago when the injury that led to his substitution has turned out to be both medial ligament and cartlidge damage. He had a scan yesterday to find out the extent of the damage, but it doesn't look particularly good and i suspect it may be some months before he can start training again.

Jon played in 9 matches for Altrincham and thoroughly enjoyed every one.  In his words, the team spirit is fantastic, they all believe in the Manager,  they are a superb bunch of lads who are all desperate to retain their current status.  Players and their families do read this forum and sometimes the criticism of individual players does get a bit personal. No player goes on to the pitch with the intention of playing badly.

I attended all the matches he was involved in and found the passion of the Alty fans to be second to none. Darlington away was a special football match. Barrow was as poor a match i can remember in the coldest, windiest, wettest most depressing place I've ever been to!!!

I followed the match at Grimsby on this forum and via Jeff Stelling on soccer saturday, and jumped off the settee when Marc Joseph netted what turned out to be the winner, and will do the same again for the Eastbourne match.

All the best, and i firmly believe that Alty can do it.

Altyant

Re: Good luck Alty
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »

Cheers Bob - all the best to Jon in his recovery

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 11:07:22 PM »

I too wasn't sold on Jon at first, so it's a tragedy that he's picked up such a nasty injury just at the point where I felt he was becoming a key member of the squad.

Best wishes to him for a full recovery, and thanks for the post Bob !

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 12:20:14 AM »

Hope he recovers soon , thought the tackle at Fleetwood was appalling . good luck in the future Jon .

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 12:24:39 AM »

A very warm and generous post. All the very best to Jon.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 08:15:59 AM »

Cheers Alty Bob, like others I wasnt too sure after his first couple of games but he soon got into it and looked like a v solid and v comitted player once he found his feet in the team.

All the best to him and I hope he makes a decent career out of the game.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 08:44:08 AM »

Great post and I hope your lad regains his fitness soon,  We have been dogged by injuries this season which hasnt helped the cause... Keep in touch and send our best to Jon..

B E L I E V E

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 09:30:59 AM »

What a wonderful post, I'm so glad you've come away from your experience of Alty this season watching Jon with a real sense of what the club is all about. The unity amongst the fans and our passion for the cause really sets us apart from other clubs, and whatever happens on Saturday I am proud to have followed the Robins this season with such a great bunch of people.

Good luck to Jon in his recovery and hope to see you around Moss Lane again in future.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good luck Alty