PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Investment
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Investment  (Read 5545 times)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Investment
« on: April 24, 2011, 09:42:44 AM »

I know it’s all hypothetical and maybe a long shot but I have been thinking about how the club can move forwards, here's my thoughts. They can’t without a very decent cup run or a rich backer coming in..both unlikely. I believe the club should bring in a young marketing/sales person, a proper post thats advertised for with the hope of getting someone creative, ambitious etc.. put them on a basic wage then offer a lucrative commission scheme say for every £1000 worth of investment they get a 5% commision. They could head an idea such as -The Alty 50 or 100- 100 local companies and firms are talked into investing £1000 or £2000 a year for the return of a few season tickets, advertising board , name printed in all programs and a deal with the Messenger where they are printed on a full colour pullout 3 times a year even offer free entry to all the firms employees for one or two chosen games. This is now starting to look a great idea for both the club and the firms that have been approached to get inlvolved. A similar scheme seems to be the way to getting substantial investment and an awful lot of people involved in the club but keeping all control within the excellent board we have now. Any thoughts?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Investment
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 09:53:33 AM »

Offers to invest in the club should be placed in the financial times and local publications such as living edge or cheshire life.A proper article on the club and the way it is run,and all the community schemes it undertakes,and how its crying out to be given the tools to get to the next level in cheshire life could open the club up to so many new people.The same old people read the sport section of the SAM every week. Our club is a fairly unique business locally,and cheshire life like that sort of feature

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 09:56:56 AM »

We are crying out for some heavy investment you are right - not just on the pitch but off it also- when i went to Fleetwood i was amazed how far we are falling behind clubs in this leauge

Our ground when you compare it to others needs a lot of work IMO compared to some others

The killer always is what the investor wants in return?

We know this only too much

Is it a loan? Is it a Gift?

Thats always the killer question,  because if they want it back we have too have it to give it them back

And what happens if they lose interest?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:59:56 AM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 09:58:52 AM »

Your right there those to publications are 100% where the club should put any investment pleas.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:02:55 AM by altrincham »

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 10:01:53 AM »

We are crying out for some heavy investment you are right - not just on the pitch but off it also- when i went to Fleetwood i was amazed how far we are falling behind clubs in this leauge

Our ground when you compare it to others needs a lot of work IMO compared to some others

Thats always the killer question because if they want it back we have to have it too give them

Thought about that Wayne and i cant really see us getting or allowing another single rich investor, thats why I think getting lots of companies to invest relatively small amounts is the way to go.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 10:05:46 AM »

Thats always the killer question because if they want it back we have to have it too give them

Thought about that Wayne and i cant really see us getting or allowing another single rich investor, thats why I think getting lots of companies to invest relatively small amounts is the way to go.

I do agree we need a different approach - and we need to have a very strong buisness plan to back it up to ensure we dont get into a mess

IE all monies are gifted and therefore we have no contractual agreement to return it back- like the hoardings great for the club and the company

They get advertisment we get the the one off fee

We need more things like this to help us grow

Not forgetting also we need players again who want to play for the club, money alone wont bring us sucess

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 10:12:01 AM »

Trafford council should be pressed into helping with the upkeep and upgrading of the stadium,they own it after all..... A new stand with a learning centre,community facilites and a car park upgrade on the pop side would be a start.And as i have been saying for a long time,the bridge inn is not going to be around much longer,a proper social club on the flags run as proper pub rather than a lounge bar is critical to our development,we could build a sizeable regular cilent base.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 10:13:52 AM »

Trafford council should be pressed into helping with the upkeep and upgrading of the stadium,they own it after all..... A new stand with a learning centre,community facilites and a car park upgrade on the pop side would be a start.And as i have been saying for a long time,the bridge inn is not going to be around much longer,a proper social club on the flags run as proper pub rather than a lounge bar is critical to our development,we could build a sizeable regular cilent base.

Thats a great call and i agree but i wonder if they have the stomache or the cash for it?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 10:15:48 AM »

Your right the difference in the amount of lion hearts we had at Stoke and in the team now is what promotion is to relegation.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »

I'd sooner stay poor than be run by a bunch of clueless Indian chicken farmers like Blackburn Rovers.

fuertes

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »

I agree with this.

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 12:03:18 PM »

I'd sooner stay poor than be run by a bunch of clueless Indian chicken farmers like Blackburn Rovers.

And I agree with this. Not that there's anything wrong with being a chicken farmer  ;D

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 12:11:01 PM »

On the evidence of their efforts with the taxi trade, and Altrincham town centre, I wouldn't let the Council within smelling distance of the club. They'd probably merge us with Trafford and/or Flixton and sell the ground. And they haven't got a pot to p*ss in, green and white or otherwise.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 01:29:40 PM »

Trafford don't own the stadium, they own the land it sits on and we lease it from them. The fixtures and fittings are the property of the club.  Given how much land in altrincham has been flogged for housing and retail over the last decade I have a horrible feeling about what will happen when the lease expires.

Moss lane could indeed be a great way of regenerating the town and helping boost the club, particularly from a community point of view. There are plenty of council facilities a mile or two from the ground and it could be used as a focal point for residents to use. Alas the council's track record doesn't make me optimistic.

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 01:57:09 PM »

Few things that cause me to wonder...

1. How long is the lease?

2. How much do we pay?

3. Given, broadly, the affluent South of Trafford is Tory and the grittier North of Trafford is Labour, why do the Tory ouncil show little or no interest in Altrincham, preferring to concentrate everything on Old Trafford/Trafford Centre.

4. Is there anywhere at all we could play if we weren't allowed to stay on at Moss Lane?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Investment