Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What weve put into our club.... and what weve got out of it !!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What weve put into our club.... and what weve got out of it !!!!!!  (Read 8927 times)

altyazz

Re: What weve put into our club.... and what weve got out of it !!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »

yes I am upset   :'( but at the end f the day we are part time and do quite well concidering. We all need to be behind the lads and hopefully we can stay up :)   

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 08:11:01 AM »

RESPECT TO DOOTS................No thank you.
The stream of obscenities he hurled at Johnson on more than one occasion was totally out of order.
Don't confuse foul mouthed tirades at team mates as a show of committment either.
A family a group stood behind me, clearly embarrassed, remarked on his language.

If that had been the case I'd agree. I think you'll find though that his tirades were actually aimed at Michael Twiss and by God it was bang on the money. I appreciate the language wasn't great but if that family had seen what we've seen the season they'd understand. The last tirade at Twiss drew a round of applause from the amusoleum!

seasonticket

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 08:31:23 AM »

I have not been able to get to many games this season but yesterday to say I was dissappointed is the understatement of the year.
I expected to see good things from Connors and Piergianni. They were poor. Connors made some dubious chalenges and got away with them, and passed mostly to Newport players.
Piergianni lumbered around like a cart horse.
In fact take out Clee, Lawton Reeves, Johnson and Densmore second half, the rest were somewhere between poor and abysmal.
As for the three stooges Baynes, Twiss and Beesley, I think they were involved in a competition for the worst player of the match.

brian1925

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 09:20:21 AM »

I think you were watching a different game from me seasonticket. Though I believe Beesley has been woeful for Alty, he actually did pretty well when he came on yesterday - though with Twiss and Baynes I would concur with you 100%. I'd also agree that Connors was poor yesterday, though probably not fit to be fair.
You've got to be joking about Carl though mate. He was basically having to carry two non-entity 'centre halves' all afternoon.

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 09:24:32 AM »

Yesterday was nothing short of an embarrasment.

We gifted them 3 of the softest goals, the 3rd in particular was a disgrace, no attempt by Joseph to stop the cross and not much effort when the ball got into the box there wasn't much effort to do anything about it.

Robbie Williams and its a real shame  because i think he's one of the few that cares was having to be marshalled around in the 2nd half and told where to stand by 18 year old Carl Piergianni, i really fear whether he'll have the football brain to even cope with BSN.

Everytime Newport won the ball in midfield, it seemed like they had acres of space, they could pick a pass off at ease, not a hint of pressure.

I can understand simply not being good enough, but i will never be able to accept an Altrincham side that shows the lack of effort like from some yesterday in such an important game, of course this has been one of our biggest downfalls all season at times. Its all well and good some of them having the heads in hands at the end, but the should have been giving each other some home truths a long long time ago.

In the end i was expecting to want to give the team both barrels as they left the pitch. They really musn't understand nor care how much it does costs to watch Alty all over the country, to endure such performances as yesterday, FGR, Histon, Blyth to name but a few (and why would they as they pick up their pay packets? Afterall its just a job). But when it came to it, like much of the team itself, i simply couldn't be bothered!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:26:56 AM by Beez »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 09:36:28 AM »

The clear out should begin on monday evening if we fail to win at grimsby.That gives us 14 weeks to have a squad ready to play together in preseason friendlies rather hanging on until a few days before that start of the season to see if players like joseph have decided if they want to play for us or not....

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 09:38:44 AM »

The clear out should begin on monday evening if we fail to win at grimsby.

Agree with this.

No point going through the motions for another 90 minutes. I'd rather see half a team of youth players trying their guts out and getting beat than watch some of the prima donnas who have reportedly disgraced the red and white stripes in recent weeks.
Come on Alty!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 10:01:47 AM »

Yesterday was nothing short of an embarrasment.

We gifted them 3 of the softest goals, the 3rd in particular was a disgrace, no attempt by Joseph to stop the cross and not much effort when the ball got into the box there wasn't much effort to do anything about it.

Robbie Williams and its a real shame  because i think he's one of the few that cares was having to be marshalled around in the 2nd half and told where to stand by 18 year old Carl Piergianni, i really fear whether he'll have the football brain to even cope with BSN.

Everytime Newport won the ball in midfield, it seemed like they had acres of space, they could pick a pass off at ease, not a hint of pressure.

I can understand simply not being good enough, but i will never be able to accept an Altrincham side that shows the lack of effort like from some yesterday in such an important game, of course this has been one of our biggest downfalls all season at times. Its all well and good some of them having the heads in hands at the end, but the should have been giving each other some home truths a long long time ago.

In the end i was expecting to want to give the team both barrels as they left the pitch. They really musn't understand nor care how much it does costs to watch Alty all over the country, to endure such performances as yesterday, FGR, Histon, Blyth to name but a few (and why would they as they pick up their pay packets? Afterall its just a job). But when it came to it, like much of the team itself, i simply couldn't be bothered!

Great post
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 10:06:02 AM »

We can't really start anything untill we know who the manager is going to be.
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 10:19:20 AM »

If kenny does decide to take up this rumoured post at luton then fair play to him,he could have walked in sept but he has stayed and nearly achieved a wonderful turn around.If he does decide to move on,then im sure he would go with everyones best wishes,and lets hope if the worst happens and he does go,we get an appointment swiftly,and its somebody not connected with the club in the past,a completely fresh outlook not an ex player or manager,someone new to the club,with new ideas.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 10:20:14 AM »

I wouldn't bet against Stuart Bimson throwing his hat into the ring.
Come on Alty!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 11:28:12 AM »

How do we know about this job offer? seems odd that kenny would have told others and very odd that luton would be banding it around
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 11:35:19 AM »

How do we know about this job offer? seems odd that kenny would have told others and very odd that luton would be banding it around

Might just be people putting 2 and 2 togther, however there are rumblings on the luton fourm

http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/thread/1303639125.html

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2011, 05:35:31 PM »

I wouldn't bet against Stuart Bimson throwing his hat into the ring.

Stuart Bimson lives in Cambridgeshire and commutes to training and matches (also bringing Carl Piergianni)

I don't think he'd continue to do that do you?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »

If that had been the case I'd agree. I think you'll find though that his tirades were actually aimed at Michael Twiss and by God it was bang on the money. I appreciate the language wasn't great but if that family had seen what we've seen the season they'd understand. The last tirade at Twiss drew a round of applause from the amusoleum

I agree with the above Ballers, Twiss was also the beneficiary of one one of Dootson's 'motivational' rants. The first one was deffo aimed at Dale though cos Twiss wasn't even on the field at the time.

I don't know whether Dootson was acting under instructions from Ken 'to get them at it' if so I think using the c word to your team mates is hardly the way to go about it.

All it showed me is the it is hardlly 'all for one and one for all' in the Alty dressing room at the moment.

By the end even Ken was beginning to look and sound like GH, without the foul language I hasten to add.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What weve put into our club.... and what weve got out of it !!!!!!