News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Part Tiime in the BSP

Author Topic: Part Tiime in the BSP  (Read 1674 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Part Tiime in the BSP
« on: April 24, 2011, 08:14:55 AM »

Yesterday we looked exactly like a part time team in a full time league. Too slow and with all the guile of a surgeon trying to use a blunt implement to perform an operation.
Though it pains me to say it, we are not going to be able to stay in this league now or in the future. 
Should we just accept that our place is in the BSN with the other part time teams on similar attendances. At least we will see some games where we are competitive next season and could see it as a chance to rebuild.
I will support Alty forever, no matter what league we are in. We are clearly (at present, at least) out of our depth.

seasonticket

Re: Part Tiime in the BSP
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 08:35:02 AM »

My thoughts exactly.
It is no use usng the "well we are part time against full time teams" excuse, because all that says is we shoild not be in this league because we cannot compete.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 08:37:38 AM »

Yesterday we looked exactly like a part time team in a full time league. Too slow and with all the guile of a surgeon trying to use a blunt implement to perform an operation.
Though it pains me to say it, we are not going to be able to stay in this league now or in the future. 
Should we just accept that our place is in the BSN with the other part time teams on similar attendances. At least we will see some games where we are competitive next season and could see it as a chance to rebuild.
I will support Alty forever, no matter what league we are in. We are clearly (at present, at least) out of our depth.
Histon in their first two seasons and Bath City this year would point to it being possible
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 08:39:12 AM »

And us in the previous 2 seasons in you have the right players and characters.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 11:30:51 AM »

Histon in their first two seasons and Bath City this year would point to it being possible
And what has happened to Histon since then proves otherwise. While I wish Bath all the luck in the World (they've been a real credit to part-time football this season, and were one of the best footballing sides to visit Moss Lane), I don't realistically see them up there for the long run.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Part Tiime in the BSP