PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Religation..... Im an optimist so F*** that
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Religation..... Im an optimist so F*** that  (Read 6860 times)

scott tompson

« on: April 17, 2011, 08:41:07 AM »

On this forum everyone has tried to be positive, but the posts im reading are , " we've got to come straight back up " or " Well keep these players in the blue square north" .We need a win on Saturday and that's for definite. So we need to have lots of support which we brought to fleetwood. I mean really were not down yet, and we need to believe it or we are down

Your views ?

Steve-o

Re: Religation..... Im an optimist so F*** that
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 09:19:15 AM »

We are down

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 09:22:41 AM »

Mathmatically amazingly were still not down- however if we keep playing as we are we will be
ParkINson's red and white army

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 09:27:06 AM »

We blew it by dropping points against poorer sides over the past few weeks when wins were there for the taking - FGR, Scouseport and Cambridge.

scott tompson

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 09:38:21 AM »

I know we dropped points of poor sides but everyone before the day said we were going to stay up, but we weren't going to beat Fleetwood.... surely?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 10:51:04 AM »

We lost six points to the sh*test team in the league and  lost by 5 goals to the second sh*test - I think that suims up the position we are in.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 11:08:44 AM »

We managed one point from 27 at the start of the season leaving us well adrift. Ken has worked wonders to have us still mathematically in with a chance at all at this stage, despite a few hiccups against the likes of Histon and Eastbourne. Its not over till its over but it certainly looks like we've run out of luck now.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »

The way we lost at Fleetwood was  awful , no fight or pride , i didnt expect to win but the way we played was what is annoying ,im affraid its looking like were going down , i can hear the fat lady warming up to sing ,hope we can at least play with some passion in last three games .

bumble

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 12:02:35 PM »

I'm more positive normally

But what on earth was going on between 48-80 minutes! Heads down - with that attitude we won't be staying up!

It's hard to swallow the thought of relegation. (we could be relegated next Saturday :/) However we could be right back in it on Saturday

19    Tanworth 46 (47) (47)
20   Forest GR 45 (46) (46)
-----------------------------------
21   Southport 42 (43) (44)
22   Altrincham 41 (44) (45)

Bracket 1 showing a tamworth southport draw and FGR drawing at Kettering ALTY beating newport
Bracket 2 showing Grimsby ALTY draw, southport darlo draw, and FGR losing to afc, and tamworth losing to Wrexham

19 tamworth 47 (47)(48)(51)
20 FGR        46  (49)(47)(46)
21 ALTY       45  (48)(48)(48)
22 southport 44 

If this is the table before the Eastbourne game - a win would keep us up - FGR playing tamworth meaning only one can get 3 points

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 12:20:16 PM »

I'm more positive normally

But what on earth was going on between 48-80 minutes! Heads down - with that attitude we won't be staying up!

It's hard to swallow the thought of relegation. (we could be relegated next Saturday :/) However we could be right back in it on Saturday

19    Tanworth 46 (47) (47)
20   Forest GR 45 (46) (46)
21   Southport 42 (43) (44)
22   Altrincham 41 (44) (45)

Bracket 1 showing a tamworth southport draw and FGR drawing at Kettering ALTY beating newport
Bracket 2 showing Grimsby ALTY draw, southport darlo draw, and FGR losing to afc, and tamworth losing to Wrexham

19 tamworth 47 (47)(48)(51)
20 FGR        46  (49)(47)(46)
21 ALTY       45  (48)(48)(48)
22 southport 44  

If this is the table before the Eastbourne game - a win would keep us up - FGR playing tamworth meaning only one can get 3 points

Bracket 2 looks good, but bracket 1 is doomed from the start. Southport are so piss poor away that I wouldn't fancy them to get as much as a draw at Redditch United, let alone Tamworth. We can clutch at as many straws as we like, but I came home from FGR last week feeling as if relegation was a certainty. I certainly didn't harbour any REAL hopes of a result yesterday, but Tamworth winning at York was another nail in the coffin I could well have done without. We MUST beat Newport, we CAN beat Grimsby - but there'll have to be a massive improvement. The problem then would be if we crucially needed to beat Eastbourne - and we all know only too well what happens to us in the crucial game when the chips are down. It's a bit like City really - can beat United yesterday, will probably contrive to lose to Stoke or Bolton !
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:32:23 PM by taxi Phil »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »

The start it what will eventually sink us. The annoying thing is we got ourselves well into the mix but  when you look at the York game that we dominated and didn't win, the draw against Cambridge  and the two no shows against Barrow and FGR away it doesn't bode well for an end of season three game winning streak.

Chance's of performing are greatly increased with the return of Connors, just hope he brings Clee (whose been missing for the last three games) with him.

If we could get an hour a game out of Denham it would be a help.

Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 12:24:57 PM »

The start it what will eventually sink us. The annoying thing is we got ourselves well into the mix but  when you look at the York game that we dominated and didn't win, the draw against Cambridge  and the two no shows against Barrow and FGR away it doesn't bode well for an end of season three game winning streak.

Chance's of performing are greatly increased with the return of Connors, just hope he brings Clee (whose been missing for the last three games) with him.

If we could get an hour a game out of Denham it would be a help.
In fairness to Nicky, I do feel that yesterday he was up against the best right back in the Division in Beeley. It's not been coming off for him, but I don't for one second think it's down to any lack of effort or commitment.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 12:28:15 PM »

I feel so sorry for Ken McKenna.  

He was kicking every ball yesterday...must be the most frustrating thing in the world watching players not do what they are asked or seem incapable of even the simplest of things.

I'll keep going until its not possible at all but my worry is that we need Southport to win at Tamworth.  This is Tamworths chance to get clear and other teams seem to take them when they are offered.

And we need Kettering to beat FGR as well...and they are in turmoil.

Oh and we just have to beat a full of confidence Newport as well.

There is still hope but we'll know our fate for sure at 4:50 on Saturday.

Dougals Dad

Re: Religation..... Im an optimist so
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »

F*** that... = Duck Fat!

It is bad enough our fate being in our own hands - that worries me enough - but relying on others  is always difficult. I'm not paranoid or anything (much!), but anyone else sometimes get the feeling results seem to go against us on purpose?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:56:32 PM by Jennifers Dad »

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 01:47:01 PM »

"I'm not paranoid or anything (much!), but anyone else sometimes get the feeling results seem to go against us on purpose?"

not really, no.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team