PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 early match thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: early match thread  (Read 36480 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: early match thread
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2011, 05:05:10 PM »

I agree the rebuilding on budget is gonna mean a tough season even in BSN.

Especially when a large part of next season's (potentially reduced) budget consists of Twiss' salary.....unless we somehow manage to jettison him from the wage bill.

One would hope that there is some kind of relegation clause...
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2011, 05:07:09 PM »

I agree the rebuilding on budget is gonna mean a tough season even in BSN.

Especially when a large part of next season's (potentially reduced) budget consists of Twiss' salary.....unless we somehow manage to jettison him from the wage bill.

One would hope that there is some kind of relegation clause...

Please, God, yes.

But I sincerely doubt that there will be.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2011, 06:12:26 PM »

Barring a major miracle we're doomed.

C'est la vie and unfortunately we're not good enough to be in this league as much as it hurts be to say it.

We've tried with limited resources and looked quite good at times but without major investment all we're ever going to strive for is 5th from bottom year on year.

I hope that there is a miracle before the end of the season but I doubt there will be.

Just want to say our first half vocal support was superb today despite that fish and that fat bald prick.

Still proud to be Alty but I've lost my mojo finally

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2011, 06:15:57 PM »

when every ones fit and available which they rarely, are we have a mid table side , 9 points prob  needed now just cant see it but will live in hope

taxi Phil

« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2011, 07:00:34 PM »

I didn't think we played at all badly until they scored. Then their tails went up, our heads went down, and it was all over at half time. So dispirited that we left in the 86th.minute and missed the last two goals. We MUST win on Saturday - but it may already be too late I'm afraid.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2011, 07:42:56 PM »

They had the two fattest centre backs I have ever seen playing professional football......yet, they were hardly even troubled by us.

I am afraid our budget does not allow us the quality and depth needed to play at this level.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2011, 07:44:56 PM »

I suppose Fleetwood sum this league up really.......last season they finished runners up to Southport, a team who will be relegated, whereas they have the dosh to make the play-offs
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2011, 07:45:21 PM »

I didn't think we played at all badly until they scored. Then their tails went up, our heads went down, and it was all over at half time. So dispirited that we left in the 86th.minute and missed the last two goals. We MUST win on Saturday - but it may already be too late I'm afraid.

Lovely finish by Dale then Baynes fannied about with it, lost possession and they banged their third in.

Henrys Cat

« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2011, 07:45:55 PM »

That's pretty much how i saw it. Alty started well and had the penalty gone in, well who knows. The first goal was the killer though. To be honest, a Sunday League goalie would have been dissapointed to have let that in. It completely knocked the stuffing out of the team. But Dootson didn't learn and a few minutes later invited a simular shot over his head that ended the contest.

Fleetwood deserved the win, but they weren't that good. As for their Stadium. They're making a damn fine effort of it. but i thought the facilities for the away contingent were Evo-Stick League standard. Turning on the sprinklers 5 minutes before kick off and spraying everyone behind the goal was a nice touch!!!

All in all, just a look around the Fleetwood setup and the money they have available shows the size of the task that Alty have, just taking part in this league. I'm afraid that Part time clubs are now going to be a rare thing in the 5th Tier of English Football.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:48:12 PM by Robin Bob »

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2011, 07:54:17 PM »

That's pretty much how i saw it. Alty started well and had the penalty gone in, well who knows. The first goal was the killer though. To be honest, a Sunday League goalie would have been dissapointed to have let that in. It completely knocked the stuffing out of the team. But Dootson didn't learn and a few minutes later invited a simular shot over his head that ended the contest.

Fleetwood deserved the win, but they weren't that good. As for their Stadium. They're making a damn fine effort of it. but i thought the facilities for the away contingent were Evo-Stick League standard. Turning on the sprinklers 5 minutes before kick off and spraying everyone behind the goal was a nice touch!!!

All in all, just a look around the Fleetwood setup and the money they have available shows the size of the task that Alty have, just taking part in this league. I'm afraid that Part time clubs are now going to be a rare thing in the 5th Tier of English Football.

Totally agree about Dootson. think he's been lobbed at least once in every game I've seen him play for us. Granted, heade some damn fine blocks today but the damage had already been done. I ain't blaming him for the defeat cos that ain't fair but why doesn't he learn?

markecky

« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2011, 08:05:54 PM »

We need to beat Newport and hope Southport beat Tamworth....i have no idea if we'll turn up against Newport or not but i'm not confident of Southport winning there.

Nothing to say about todays game at all.  Half arsed predictable no shows all over the pitch once again.

I'll be putting in an official complaint to whoever it needs to go into to about the behaviour of their mascot.  I've no problem with their fans giving us loads, I cannot accept an employee or official of the opposition being allowed to goad and taunt us for 45 mins.  I have never seen anything like it in my life.  He could have caused a riot.

He didnt appear after half time, I hope he was sacked.

markecky

« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »

And as for Fleetwood itself...it was like My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding live.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2011, 08:53:19 PM »

Apart from no red cards all went as expected.

Bloody chips were cold though!

Believe York told Young to keep his phone on. so Williams might play the full 90 on Saturday.

Glad to Twiss not involved and we looked better when Johnson was on.

Wes Baynes, what can you say?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:55:01 PM by robininstockport »
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2011, 08:56:26 PM »

hopefully the no show of the T**t in the fish suit was deposited into the deep fat fryer in the chippy opposite the ground  ;)

The git announcer was an annoying bastard also

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2011, 09:34:11 PM »

Didn't think we'd get much from this one and I was proven right, BUT it feels a hell of a lot worse after that penalty miss. I thought Joseph was our best player today, was solid from start to finish. The midfield seemed completely anonymous and we were second to every ball (although Lawton was running his socks off but can't do it alone) Clee had moments of class but, again there isn't much point if that class comes to nothing. Reeves struggled up front on his own, not his fault as he wasn't getting much at all in the way of assistance and I think that including the goal, we had maybe 3 chances overall?

We're hanging on by a thread, if we get beaten by Newport I fear it will be curtains for us.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 early match thread