PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Red Shorts & Red Socks
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Red Shorts & Red Socks  (Read 6303 times)

bigmeads21

Re: Red Shorts & Red Socks
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 01:40:59 PM »

Totally agree! Black shorts all the way!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 02:33:05 PM »

Red and black with black shorts, distinctive and different, won't get misunderstood for a stoke or sunderland fan
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »

red & white stipes, black shorts and white socks. Green shirt with white sleeves for the second kit  :P

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 06:38:29 PM »

Red and white stripes, black short, and white socks.
THANK YOU :) :) :) :)

All yellow away.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »

If we are talking traditional.. Red and whiteb stripes, red shorts and white socks!

end of.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 07:01:30 PM »

1974/75 season

Red shorts with red/white stripe shirts and red socks.

That was my first season watching the team, love to see John Hughes's et al's strip back in action again

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »

You see change all the time, not least with football kits, but there are some traditions that should be left well alone, and Alty playing in red and white stripes and black shorts is one of them.
I stand to be corrected on this but when I started watching Alty in the late 60s I seem to recall the 'traditional' kit had red shorts and socks.

As far as I can remember (and my memory has been proven to be faulty on several occasions!) the socks with the red shorts kit (when the shirts were V neck by the way) were white with red and white turn overs at the top. They looked great!

Having said all this, I don't care WHAT kit we wear as long as we're wearing it in the same league next year!  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »

Red shorts and entirely red socks for me, with the red and white stripes. However, the chroma of the red in the shorts, shirt and socks has to match, otherwise it will look slightly odd, as in the photo of Smithy. I'm ready to test this with my spectrophotometer.

Jezza

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 03:27:19 PM »

Red shorts and entirely red socks for me, with the red and white stripes. However, the chroma of the red in the shorts, shirt and socks has to match, otherwise it will look slightly odd, as in the photo of Smithy. I'm ready to test this with my spectrophotometer.

God help us all when we get to voice our opinion on what sort of bus the team uses next year...

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 04:53:37 PM »

You see change all the time, not least with football kits, but there are some traditions that should be left well alone, and Alty playing in red and white stripes and black shorts is one of them.
I stand to be corrected on this but when I started watching Alty in the late 60s I seem to recall the 'traditional' kit had red shorts and socks.

You've got a point. I wasn't thinking that far back, but now you mention it, I do seem to recall Jack Swindells banging the goals in wearing red shorts and, I think, white socks (with a red and white striped shirt, of course). But the black shorts have been established for quite a while now, and I just think if something looks right, which that does in my opinion, leave well alone. And while I agree wholeheartedly that getting enough points to stay up outweighs any issues over what the players are wearing, I think it's important the kit looks right and stays true to tradition as much as possible.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Red Shorts & Red Socks