PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Coach to FGR - Apologies
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Coach to FGR - Apologies  (Read 5069 times)

markecky

Re: Coach to FGR - Apologies
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 02:16:11 PM »

I think the problem is that we may be tied to a brewery and sometimes the club may not open for a fortnight to sell it...

Jacko

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 04:01:44 PM »

may i ask if any of the above drinks mentioned are brewed with tight purified regulations or have they just got loads of sh*te in them?

just been drinkin decent german beer and the difference is huge

fuertes

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 05:12:32 PM »

may i ask if any of the above drinks mentioned are brewed with tight purified regulations or have they just got loads of sh*te in them?

just been drinkin decent german beer and the difference is huge

As in 'real' lagers? Not my cup of tea, but I can see why people are into them.

British real ale is marvellous stuff. Not only does it taste far better than crappy keg stuff, it isn't full of preservatives (which also means you don't get as bad a hangover - true story).

timbo13

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 05:25:18 PM »

Hawkshead Brewery, The Drunken Duck Micro Brewewry and the WATERMILL INN & BREWING CO - all good stuff in South Lakes!

I recommend the Watermill highly. Based in Ings, just East of Windermere. Good beers, a large lager menu, great food and nice rooms.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 08:28:55 PM »

Can't beat a Jennings Snecklifter, except with a Riggwhelter from Black Sheep that is, or a Tribute from St Austells
Bernard Taylors barmy army

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 09:04:17 PM »

You can get small casks, usually plastic in boxes these days called Polypins that contain a minimum of 36 pints of proper real ale. It needs looking after but small volumes just need setting up a day or so before the game. You'd expect to get 33 or so decent pints out with good beer management. Surely seeing this thread and the interest in drinking proper beer these could be a goer on a match day, if succesful get two in. Or a 72 pint version. It would certainly drag me into the bar rather than The Bridge or King George should I be around.

Alternatively Marston's "Fast cask" allows real ale to be delivered, set up and served within a couple of hours due to new yeast technology.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

fuertes

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 10:15:39 AM »

You can get small casks, usually plastic in boxes these days called Polypins that contain a minimum of 36 pints of proper real ale. It needs looking after but small volumes just need setting up a day or so before the game. You'd expect to get 33 or so decent pints out with good beer management. Surely seeing this thread and the interest in drinking proper beer these could be a goer on a match day, if succesful get two in. Or a 72 pint version. It would certainly drag me into the bar rather than The Bridge or King George should I be around.

Alternatively Marston's "Fast cask" allows real ale to be delivered, set up and served within a couple of hours due to new yeast technology.

Sounds a great idea. Worth pitching to the club?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 11:26:49 AM »

Hawkshead Brewery, The Drunken Duck Micro Brewewry and the WATERMILL INN & BREWING CO - all good stuff in South Lakes!

I recommend the Watermill highly. Based in Ings, just East of Windermere. Good beers, a large lager menu, great food and nice rooms.

The food is excellent, and they have a decent range of malts too. They also allow dogs in and I have regularly seen the sight of a dog supping quite happily from a water dish - but not necessarily water!

thegazelle

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 11:58:52 AM »

i'll give yopu one reason why real ale in the bar wont work . you can be predictable and politically correct all you want and peake me loads but women and real ale it just dont work they dont get the concept.

Sorry Jenny but be honest couild you be bothered with it .

Threr are certain things that are mens work

Dougals Dad

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2011, 12:06:17 PM »

Just get a few bottles in - a couple of cases to start off with and see if there is a response.

thegazelle

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 01:45:09 PM »

katy ................... its the future i've tasted it

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 08:25:12 PM »

RE: Dunham Massey Brewery

New to the town over the last couple of years. First drank by my goodself at our Church fete on Brooklands Road I have long known of the excellant beer made by this brewery, not far from the Axe and Cleaver in Dunham Massey. They have just opened a bar on Goose Green near Francs restuarant where you can get a lovely pint. I also drank three pints last night at the new pub in Sale, the SteamHouse before a Ruby at the Marsala Lounge. Every year for the Chruch summer fete at St Johns one of my drinking pals goes over to Dunham Massey to negotiate 2 barrels - Big Tree and Summer Meadow for our fete.

I have also drank it in the Swan With Two Nicks recently, the brewery is a small one in a converted barn run meticulously by a father and son team and it is gaining a big cult following in the Altrincham area.

My favourite beers are Jennings Cockahoop and Marstons Pedigree but these new beers are giving both a run for their money with me now. Fabulous beers with a lovely taste and also easy for hangovers the next morning after a heavy night on them. The pub just beyond Francs on the right looks like a cafe from the outside, but it a nice evening out and they sell 3-4 great beers from that brewery. I understand that the Old Market Tavern have also approched them but the brewery would not bow to their bulk price, though I cannot confirm this. More and more pubs are starting to stock it, I was surprised they had it in the Steam House last night but apparently so.

A lovely pint, whichever one you buy, and they fully deserve the success they are achieving, but need to look at expansion now, and develope their product, which I think is one of the nicest beers new to the market. If you are in a place that sells it, and love Cask conditioned ale like I do, buy it!!

Bath Alty

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 10:59:15 PM »

katy ................... its the future i've tasted it

It certainly takes the recent past away!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Coach to FGR - Apologies