PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Coach to FGR - Apologies
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Coach to FGR - Apologies  (Read 5068 times)

markecky

Coach to FGR - Apologies
« on: April 13, 2011, 04:20:57 PM »

All,

Tom has asked me to post his apologies for the issue with the stops on the way down and back from FGR (for those weren't on it, it stopped for half an hour then had to stop again due to the drivers tachograph for 45 mins).

Whilst the coach got there for 2:30, we like to get people there sooner for a drink or a look around.  This may not have been the end of the world for people who didnt want to give FGR any money anyway but thats not really the point.

The driver has been spoken to and we have expressed our displeasure to the company who have sent sincere apologies.

Its been a good first season with ABC (the above incident and the driver getting stuck and late for picking people up from AFC Wimbledon aside) who have provided us with excellent value and often negotatiated on price.

We hope it didn't put anyone off and hope to see you all for Fleetwood and Grimsby.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:52:56 PM by markecky »

andrewflynn

Re: Coach to FGR - Apologies
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 04:27:39 PM »

Got a quality game of car park football out of it and a bit of a tan so it was not the end of the world for me! But I can see how it would have annoyed people, I think we all would have preferred not to stop. That, and Wimbledon, definitely hasn't put me off using the supporter's coach service as it has been fantastic this year... Without it I doubt I would have been able to get to any of the games I have been to this year. Thanks to everyone involved in organising it for us, really appreciated.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 04:39:33 PM »

It all actually added to the day for me, wasn't a massive hinderance as it was such a lovely day, and good to see some fans and well known faces at the 2nd services! Like you say though, it if was a nicer place we were visiting might have been good to get there earlier.

Appreciate the sentiment, it was a nice coach and would def use again.

bumble

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 04:59:27 PM »

It all actually added to the day for me, wasn't a massive hinderance as it was such a lovely day, and good to see some fans and well known faces at the 2nd services! Like you say though, it if was a nicer place we were visiting might have been good to get there earlier.

Appreciate the sentiment, it was a nice coach and would def use again.

Seconded. FGR only have the bar realsitcally, unless you fancy a long walk back up a hill, so the chance to have a game of football in the sun was nice

Apart from the long wait at AFCW (which wasnt ideal but got us home) the coach has been a great service, from the actual coach,  to the cost (to get to the south coast and back for under £20 is a great deal - over double on a train)

Greatful to both Tom, and TASC, for running it, which without i wouldnt have been able to get to the majority of the games ive gone to this season.

I sincerley hope we still have a coach service next season regardless of what league we're in.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 05:45:11 PM »

I suspect that the biggest mistake was stopping at FGR's ground.....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 08:30:45 PM »

Cheers Tom / Ecky / ABC
I am a rarity on the coach and it was a bit annoying, although the great weather at the second services and the drivers apology made things easier.

We did get to FGR at 2.15 and I had chance for second pint, albeit their 'Cumberland (real) Ale' was a very poor advertisement for real ale  >:( and at £3 I gave it a miss.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 09:34:44 PM »

Ecky

I have no problem with the coach, we still got there before the start of the game. I enjoyed my day out, but financial reasons limit the times I can follow Alty away. I still had a pint when I got there - the Cumberland ale. I was slightly disappointed with the acknowledgement from the players after the great  support we had given, but I do understand we had lost the game and this was rather muted.

Overall it was a good day out apart from the result, thanks for all the arrangements you and others do to organise our trips, and the coach company for offering good priced travel which is value for money. I do unerstand a lot of work goes into this which I am sure the club also appreciates.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 09:00:31 AM »

Cheers Tom / Ecky / ABC
I am a rarity on the coach and it was a bit annoying, although the great weather at the second services and the drivers apology made things easier.

We did get to FGR at 2.15 and I had chance for second pint, albeit their 'Cumberland (real) Ale' was a very poor advertisement for real ale  >:( and at £3 I gave it a miss.

Cumberland is a Jennings real ale, brewed in Cumbria.  It is a little hoppy and quite comercial but better than the ale on sale at moss lane.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Dougals Dad

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 12:29:42 PM »

Cheers Tom / Ecky / ABC

Cumberland is a Jennings real ale, brewed in Cumbria.  It is a little hoppy and quite comercial but better than the ale on sale at moss lane.

Get Dunham Massey Ales at ML!

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 12:41:09 PM »

This. We should also alter the Greasy Chip Butty song. Not Magnet. Not Magners. Dunham Massey.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 12:46:12 PM »

Cheers Tom / Ecky / ABC

and ask if they can brew a "Robin's Ale"

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 12:46:49 PM »

Cheers Tom / Ecky / ABC

Surprised that Cumberland Ale is brewed in Cumbria  ::).........Cumberland is normally a great pint, but it's certainly not better than the ale at Moss Lane, when it is both flat and cloudy and the queue to return it for a replacement is a 10 minute one !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

fuertes

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 12:58:36 PM »

Never much cared for Jennings. Coniston Brewing Company is the dog's bollocks in that part of the world IMHO.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 01:54:22 PM »

Hawkshead Brewery, The Drunken Duck Micro Brewewry and the WATERMILL INN & BREWING CO - all good stuff in South Lakes!

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 02:07:25 PM »

Hawkshead Brewery, The Drunken Duck Micro Brewewry and the WATERMILL INN & BREWING CO - all good stuff in South Lakes!

Never heard of that last one. The others I have enjoyed on occasion though  ;D

I wonder how many members of CAMRA there are in Trafford? At least 500 I'd have thought. Is it a wild idea to form some sort of link? We could start stocking a selection of bottled real ales and give CAMRA members a discount or something. Could add a bit to attendances and bar takings...

Might be a sh*te idea, but just throwing it out there.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Coach to FGR - Apologies