News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Loved this from the main site

Author Topic: Loved this from the main site  (Read 1886 times)

Dougals Dad

« on: March 24, 2011, 12:45:32 AM »

"GOOD REASONS TO COME TO MOSS LANE
Jimmy Wagg of BBC Rdio Manchester has always been a good friend of Altrincham FC and his latest article in The Sale & Altrincham Advertiser makes a great case for coming along to Moss Lane...
"Altrincham may be battling to avoid relegation but a night match at Moss Lane remains one of my great pleasure. I went last week. The football was committed rather than cultured but the lads deservedly won and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience... Just about every shouted comment was clearly audible. It makes for an intensely personal game. Insults directed at the players don't get lost in the general hubbub.
Derogatory comments between the technical areas are received loud and clear...
For the match officials it can best be described as 'character building'...
Because of the Robins' parlous league position, these are draining nights for fans. They run the emotional gauntlet. Whatever the terrace song may claim, this is not like watching Barcelona. it is, though, strangely addictive.
As I left the ground, I pased a young lad with his dad. The youngster had a beaming smile and was singing an Alty song. He was ecstatic.
A question for you. Would he have felt that emotional high watching Champions League on TV?" "!

Pretty much sums it up - just missed out the friendlyness of the club.

chris888

Re: Loved this from the main site
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 04:57:03 PM »

thought this was great, summed up why we support a non league team on a cold Tuesday night in the position we are in, rather than watching Barcelona win about 10-0 on itv. hopefully people realise where they are going wrong...

Altyroo

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 05:01:50 PM »

Wish i could get to more games like i did in the late 80's early 90's when i hardly missed a game home or away. Sadly moving away from the area limits me to the amount of games i get too now a days. Come on the Alty. The great escape is on.

altytony1

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 09:38:21 PM »

cant beat a tuesday night at alty,love the fans, love the ground,theres just something that makes it so addictive. and the chips and curry at £2.40 can of coke at 80p,this is what makes alty the team to support.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team