Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why were all those police at that Varsity match at Moss Lane tonight then?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Why were all those police at that Varsity match at Moss Lane tonight then?  (Read 9317 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Circa 8.30pm, Moss Lane engulfed by numerous police cars and vans.

It looked like the Miners Strike in 1984/85 revisited.

Had a few of the students in attendance indulged in a pre-match snorter or two....or did Justin Bieber turn up?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

We had 2 streakers quite a few ejections and arrests plus a fight in the main stand busy night. The club didn't call the police someone from outside did. If the students are our future no wonder this country's on its arse.
@AltyDaz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

What was the attendance? Were Tarquin and Giles getting "all lemon" with oscar and barnaby in the main stand??  :D :D :D

lawley

Will the club get a fine from the police seeing as they were called out ? Or not becasue the club didnt call them ?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

What was the attendance? Were Tarquin and Giles getting "all lemon" with oscar and barnaby in the main stand??  :D :D :D

The attendance was about 1000 plus
@AltyDaz

markecky

Was this the first time we have held this?

Presume it will be the last?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Was this the first time we have held this?

Yes
@AltyDaz

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Tend to agree with Darren.. fkn tax dodging students (Not all students but a fair majority) with too much spare time on there hands

bumble

Free return travel
Discounted birdcage entry
a game of football

all for a fiver.....

RocketDan

was there anyone on the turnstiles handing out flyers with forthcoming fixtures on? I feel this may be an easy advertising opportunity missed.

I know it was a one off for most of them, but lets face it: 1,000 people in attendance - some of them must like watching football, enjoyed the day out and would probably come to a few alty games in the future.

On a side note, was there any decent talent on show? I only ask because I remember watching a varsity match in nottingham a few years ago when Alex Rodman (now at Aldershot) was playing. I'd be tempted to give some of the better players a trial.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

was there anyone on the turnstiles handing out flyers with forthcoming fixtures on? I feel this may be an easy advertising opportunity missed.

I know it was a one off for most of them, but lets face it: 1,000 people in attendance - some of them must like watching football, enjoyed the day out and would probably come to a few alty games in the future.

On a side note, was there any decent talent on show? I only ask because I remember watching a varsity match in nottingham a few years ago when Alex Rodman (now at Aldershot) was playing. I'd be tempted to give some of the better players a trial.

There was a student offer publicised at the game.....I think it was £5 entry to any of our remaining home games on production of an NUS Card.

fuertes

Some of biggest scallies I ever met were at university. Loads of Daz, Baz and Kevs.

Bazbatteria

Some of biggest scallies I ever met were at university. Loads of Daz, Baz and Kevs.
[/quote]

I drive a ferrari ;)

Narcissist

Haha, still dont understand why all the toffs protested in London about their tax dodging parents having to fork out extra fees.

The real working class kids who will be affected couldnt protest because they had to do their part-time jobs to fund themselves. Lost without a cause these idiots.

fuertes

Haha, still dont understand why all the toffs protested in London about their tax dodging parents having to fork out extra fees.

The real working class kids who will be affected couldnt protest because they had to do their part-time jobs to fund themselves. Lost without a cause these idiots.

That's because their parents won't have to fork out the money. It would come directly out of the graduates' wages after leaving university. It's the current system that makes parents pay fees up front.

Working class kids will be better off under the new system. It's one of the few positives of the tuition fee hike.

I say all this as someone who disagrees with the change in fees, who thought a large portion of the protestors were sad bastards who'd been reading political philosophy books and who has no time for the pathetic "squeezed middle" argument advanced by the Daily Mail and Daily Express on a regular basis.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why were all those police at that Varsity match at Moss Lane tonight then?