PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Refurbishing the Noel White Suite - Your opinions and views please
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Refurbishing the Noel White Suite - Your opinions and views please  (Read 7253 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

At yesterday's TASC meeting we discussed that perhaps it was time for a bit of refurbishing of the NWS, well for refurbishing I guess we mean putting some new pictures up really but we'll see. Maybe that the excellent Ashes 2005 posters are past a sell by date and we could sell them on Ebay (surely a market for it) and replace them with some more Alty centric pictures/prints.

So basically, what you you like to see happen in the NWS. Open forum, absolutely anything and anything you want to suggest and we'll see where we go. Any pictures/posters in particular you'd like to see? Maybe something different (move the tv screens?), anything you'd like to see us try and add in (quiz machine?).

We're not saying it'd all be possible but want to know what you think, what needs to go/come in.

In particular we'd be interested to hear if anyone's got any pictures/newspaper cuttings etc that we haven't seen before and could get put in. If so please put on this thread or PM me on here.

Anyone seen anything in other social clubs that was good?

what sort of feel do we want for the bar? A nostalgia corner? Colours?

And discuss.......

markecky

Re: Refurbishing the Noel White Suite - Your opinions and views please
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:46:43 PM »

Interesting stuff Ballers.

I believe that the Noel White Suite should be like a shrine to the achievements of our great football club.

However it must be tastefully done as it has to be remembered that its also a function room that could be hired by non football people.

Its always bugged me that we have a couple of little picture of some great teams and that it.  Whilst the Australia cricket connection was a good publicity feature, I've no interest in cricket and wouldn't know one Australian cricketer from another.

Pictures like Kenny McKennas winner against Kettering in 1991 by Cliff Hase should be pride of place along with some of Gavins more recent classics, as well as the obvious Everton/Tottenham ones.

I have every paper cutting from about 1989 to 1995 from the Messenger, Guardian and Express Advertiser I think (as my mother reminds me each time I visit her house) and a few more random ones.  I'd be happy to donate anything that is needed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:50:25 PM by markecky »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 08:49:37 PM »

A fruit machine would be a good and moneyspinning idea
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 08:52:12 PM »

A few thoughts:

Photos from our big FA Cup games at Everton, Liverpool, Spurs (79 and 95), Birmingham City & any others.

Photos from our appearances at Wembley and, ideally, photos of Alty lifting the Trophy.

Framed retro shirts, perhaps signed by Alty legends.

On a more general note:

Could we get one of those lottery card machines like they have at some other clubs? Might make the club a few quid. These are the kind I'm talking about: http://www.interclub.co.uk/club-ticket-vending-lottery-machines.html

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:36:26 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

Jacko

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 09:02:18 PM »

The only things I can think of is a bigger bar area if possible, a quizbox would be really good but pricey, how about a jukebox like the one in the brickies? Anyone can burn cd's and there is more longevity from them, plus u could put Emerson Paul lake and Carlton palmer on repeat   :D

RocketDan

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 09:32:00 PM »

A fruit machine would be a good and moneyspinning idea

seconded.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 09:36:30 PM »

Might be wrong but think you need a gaming licence for fruit machine......machine then needs to be in use more than once a fortnight
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 09:37:03 PM »

Plus, Fozzy would empty it every Saturday !     ::)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 10:44:08 AM »

I have every paper cutting from about 1989 to 1995 from the Messenger, Guardian and Express Advertiser I think (as my mother reminds me each time I visit her house) and a few more random ones.  I'd be happy to donate anything that is needed.

I have most from about 81-89, if anything is wanted (used to have most from 79 onwards, but I appear to have lost a box with two whole seasons worth of programmes and cuttings in the course of several moves).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »

Pictures of the current players and management team like in the sponsors lounge.

A board listing all current sponsors and contact points.

A fixed bucket collection point near the door or on the bar (that might conflict with tips though).

A Yankee board showing the big winners and amounts.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 01:34:53 PM »

Might be wrong but think you need a gaming licence for fruit machine......machine then needs to be in use more than once a fortnight
A jukebox MAY need a music licence. Both these things need checking, lest the overheads outweigh the advantages (both good ideas in principle though).

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »

Anyone can burn cd's

Not sure we should be encouraging copyright theft.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 03:09:10 PM »

Pictures of the current players and management team like in the sponsors lounge.

A board listing all current sponsors and contact points.

A fixed bucket collection point near the door or on the bar (that might conflict with tips though).

A Yankee board showing the big winners and amounts.

Some good points here Jenga that hadn't crossed my mind. And excellent contributions from all, keep them coming.

Jacko

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 04:41:58 PM »

Anyone can burn cd's

Not sure we should be encouraging copyright theft.
have u been in any pubs in altrincham recently!!!???

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 04:47:05 PM »

Many good ideas here IMHO

We have to remember however that we make a reasonable amount from hiring the place out and having Footy Memorabilia all over the place, as much as we love it, may put some potential hirers off.

Maybe demountable display boards that we can take down before any hire where they would not be so welcome is the answer.

Space is somewhat at a premium too so, excellent as gaming machine or jukebox may be as ideas would the space they take up potentially reduce our licenced capacity in addition to the financial and licensing implications?
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Refurbishing the Noel White Suite - Your opinions and views please