PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Negativity
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Negativity  (Read 7765 times)

Butty

Negativity
« on: March 09, 2011, 04:52:16 PM »

How negative are people on here? At a quick glance, threads such as 'I'd get rid of 90% of them' aren't going to give the players who may come on here the slightest glimmer of hope or confidence. I know last night wasn't great, but can we please stop swinging the moods every other match? We pick up points, great result and we're staying up, we lose, we're down.

jim fallon

Re: Negativity
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:08:36 PM »

I have to agree  I can understand the frustration, however there are what 11 games left?

Is it really time to worry?

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 05:45:06 PM »

Sometimes I think people on here make the mistake of thinking that the forum and the terraces are the same thing, ie that we should all get behind the team at all times, no matter what, because any negativity will transmit itself to the players. But a fans' forum is exactly what the name suggests: a place just for fans. If I were a player, I'd leave the forum well alone because there's always the danger with eavesdropping that you'll end up hearing something uncomplimentary about yourself.

I dislike people being negative on the terraces but I can't see the problem with it here. In fact what I value in forum posters is not partisanship but unvarnished honesty. And if that means being negative, so be it.

Is now the time to worry? I'd say so. I've been worried all season.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 05:52:07 PM »

Now is certainly the time to worry but now is not the time to announce that we are down and give up.

Emotions often run high after games and mobile phones give people the chance to say what they think quickly.

Everyone is entitled to their opnion just like everyone else can disagree with it.

I just feel they're aren't many of us and until its hopeless we must try and stay together and be as positive as we can be.

jim fallon

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 06:16:19 PM »

Never said it would somehow magically travel into players heads, don't think thats the point it only a forum!

As ecky said its easy to get pissed off after traveling however many miles to Barrow and playing sh*t and feeling utterly rubbish!

Just need to try and keep the small amount of fans positive is all i'm thinking!

Worry last game of the season like we normally do eh! (i'm actually a negative bastard normally BTW give me a break)

Jim

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 06:21:53 PM »

Sometimes I think people on here make the mistake of thinking that the forum and the terraces are the same thing, ie that we should all get behind the team at all times, no matter what, because any negativity will transmit itself to the players. But a fans' forum is exactly what the name suggests: a place just for fans. If I were a player, I'd leave the forum well alone because there's always the danger with eavesdropping that you'll end up hearing something uncomplimentary about yourself.

I dislike people being negative on the terraces but I can't see the problem with it here. In fact what I value in forum posters is not partisanship but unvarnished honesty. And if that means being negative, so be it.

Here here
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 06:39:35 PM »

Here here

It's actually 'hear, hear'.

In the House of Commons people would shout 'Hear him, hear him' when someone was making a particularly incisive point.

This has now been shortened to 'Hear hear'.

:-*
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

markecky

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 06:40:53 PM »

Two right...

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 07:38:10 PM »

Lets hope the players stop playing negativeley then we may become positive
ParkINson's red and white army

bigcol

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 07:41:12 PM »

There's so much to be negative about. Are alternatively, what is there to be positive about?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 09:17:08 PM »

Agree let's remain positive until it cannot be done.....but let's also be realistic - hopefully Ecky's prediction of 46 points is achieved and then we must hope it's enough
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 09:18:32 PM »

By the way.....my worries started when we were completely outclassed by Nantwich with Kevin Street and some old geezer called Tinson showing us the way
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Butty

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »

There's so much to be negative about. Are alternatively, what is there to be positive about?

There is a maximum of 33 points on offer- not saying we'll get quite that many, but all it takes is a deflected goal off someones arse and one dodgy decision to get the team back onto winning ways- we always have a run of results somewhere along the season and since it hasn't happened yet, time to be optimistic.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:36:35 PM by Butty »

AltyIan

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 11:36:06 PM »

I'm sorry but we can't pick up a point at barrow. We scrape a draw at home to Gateshead. People start telling us where the wins are gonna come from because I can't see any.

Prepared for the worst. Praying for the best.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 12:12:27 AM »

I cant hear the fat lady singing yet , so untill i hear her im hopeful
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Negativity