News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How to Beat Wimbledon

Author Topic: How to Beat Wimbledon  (Read 3000 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
How to Beat Wimbledon
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:21:35 AM »

What team do we put on the field to beat Wimbledon this weekend. They had a wobble on Tuesday and their confidence can't be particularly high.
As I have been mercilessly ripped to shreds for mentioning the 'play it cagey' option, here is what we should do.
Play as similar a team as possible to the eleven we played on Tuesday, with Baynes for Wedgebury, Twiss in place of Beesley and Young in place of Joseph. I know Marc was MOM against York, but he still has the capacity to produce a catastrophic error which could lose us the game. I also remain to be convinced about Mark Beesley, we just look more threatening with Twiss on the pitch.
We seem to be getting better results playing with an attack minded team, let's go for it!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: How to Beat Wimbledon
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »

Sorry but major pet hate of mine..  its AFC Wimbledon or club that killed Kingstonian, either one works for mel.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »

We look more threatening in the last 20 minutes with Twiss on the pitch when the pace has dropped down a bit closer to his level.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 11:43:56 AM »

From what I have read and heard during matches it seems Twiss solves the problem of the ball constantly coming back at us by being able to hold on to it upfront and allow players to get out of defence, which relieves the pressure.

chris888

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 05:43:22 PM »

From what I have read and heard during matches it seems Twiss solves the problem of the ball constantly coming back at us by being able to hold on to it upfront and allow players to get out of defence, which relieves the pressure.

definitely, against york he came on and changed it so that we could get more up the pitch..

roytonmike

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 05:48:33 PM »

We look more threatening in the last 20 minutes with Twiss on the pitch when the pace has dropped down a bit closer to his level.
Agreed - in this respect he reminds me strangely of that sainted supersub of years gone by Richard Landon, though without the end product. What mustn't be forgotten is the value of the job Beesley does for the first hour.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 07:02:18 PM »

Please be mindful not to offer too much internet based scouting advice as it may offend certain people. ;D In answer to the topic title, score one more than them!!!!

robins1978

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 10:13:00 PM »

What we shudve done was drop litter all over the pitch and scored 5 goals while they were picking it up !!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:18:08 PM by robins1978 »

fuertes

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 09:03:37 AM »

Sorry but major pet hate of mine..  its AFC Wimbledon or club that killed Kingstonian, either one works for mel.

Eh?

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 10:57:27 AM »

Agreed - in this respect he reminds me strangely of that sainted supersub of years gone by Richard Landon, though without the end product. What mustn't be forgotten is the value of the job Beesley does for the first hour.
I've racked my brains for a few days, but I can't see what job Beesley does in the first hour. What am I missing ?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How to Beat Wimbledon