PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights Game
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tonights Game  (Read 5120 times)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tonights Game
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 10:26:37 AM »

It grieves me to say this, but I was as ashamed of the apathetic, spineless display last night as I had been proud to be a supporter after the effort and determination of the second half at Kiddy. It was as I feared - only more so. The side that turned up was only too ready to pass the ball - and the responsibility - on to the next man at the earliest possible opportunity, so we kept shuffling sideways and backwards and allowed a side who are as much in the mire as we are to dominate and control the game. Histon thoroughly deserved to win, and by a wider margin. Few if any of ours could be said to have had a good game - Clee and Dootson up to a point, but who else? Another point - whatever the selection problems, it's criminal not to have enough names on the books to at least field a fit panel of outfield subs - are the youth team players whose names have cropped up in the CSC not registered for the League? They should be. Sorry this is a bit of a rant, but I feel let down and annoyed rather than simply frustrated. Unlike some, I will be there Saturday - but the players will have to prove that their hearts are in it all the time before they get any more than my presence. Support, for me at least, has to be earned, and this lot earned none last night whereas they earned a lot last Saturday.

Dootson had a shocker. I lost count of the number of balls he spilled.

andrewflynn

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 11:11:31 AM »

I agree with roytonmike.

Going forward we were so one-dimensional with no real purpose or strategy around what we were doing.

I also agree with the idea that support has to be earned, they gave us nothing to cheer for last night and I will merely applaud on Saturday until I see some fight again.

But in the same respect, I'm sure the players know it too. They will respect that they have let us down, so lets show some optimism and see how they react. Remember, we beat Barrow after Eastbourne away. We beat Fleetwood after Histon away. I think we play better with a point to prove.

timbo13

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 01:18:45 PM »

It grieves me to say this, but I was as ashamed of the apathetic, spineless display last night as I had been proud to be a supporter after the effort and determination of the second half at Kiddy. It was as I feared - only more so. The side that turned up was only too ready to pass the ball - and the responsibility - on to the next man at the earliest possible opportunity, so we kept shuffling sideways and backwards and allowed a side who are as much in the mire as we are to dominate and control the game. Histon thoroughly deserved to win, and by a wider margin. Few if any of ours could be said to have had a good game - Clee and Dootson up to a point, but who else? Another point - whatever the selection problems, it's criminal not to have enough names on the books to at least field a fit panel of outfield subs - are the youth team players whose names have cropped up in the CSC not registered for the League? They should be. Sorry this is a bit of a rant, but I feel let down and annoyed rather than simply frustrated. Unlike some, I will be there Saturday - but the players will have to prove that their hearts are in it all the time before they get any more than my presence. Support, for me at least, has to be earned, and this lot earned none last night whereas they earned a lot last Saturday.

Re the youth team: I said much the same on the match thread. The youth team squad were training last night at Blessed Thomas Halford,just round the corner from Moss Lane, but as far as I know, not a one of them has got conference forms, so while they're eligible for the CSC, they can't fill a hole in the bench at short notice. An exception might be Smart, who signed conference forms last season and was an unused sub for the away game at Oxford last season.

Only three youth teamers have been named for CSC squads so far: Woods, Fearon and Smart. Smart was injured in last week's CSC semi-final and didn't play in the youth team game on Sunday, so probably wouldn't have been fit. Woods (a striker who has also played in midfield) played 15 minutes against Hyde and Fearon (a midfielder/defender) was an unused sub in that game.

As I said in the match thread, I don't understand why Coly and Sonko (a left back, after all) weren't in the squad. Will we ever see them in action? If not, what was the point of getting them?

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights Game