PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights Game
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tonights Game  (Read 5119 times)

62vintage

Tonights Game
« on: February 15, 2011, 10:42:53 PM »

We have just got home from tonights match which we watched entirely from the Golf Road end.
I was going to leave it a day to calm down before postiing but am too pissed off to do that.
Tonight we were a disgrace. I thought in the first half we battled hard but they looked better on the ball. The second half FFS we kicked off and a minute or so later we kicked off again. Its 15 years since I played football but I would have scored at LEAST 3 for them tonight just in the second half. How they only scored three I will never know. If we would have lost by 6 it would have been a fair result! And then to cap it all some clown gives the MOTM award to one of our so called defenders. If I would have been giving an award I would have taken it home, and thrown it at next doors cat the next time it craps in our back.
That was a shambolic performance that will end in relagation if it continues.
Anyway apologies for the rant and see you all on Saturday.   

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Tonights Game
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:46:24 PM »

yeap  cant argue with that they were far more up for it than us  , can only hope it is a one off

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:03:52 PM »

Tonight was not a one off study the leauge table tonight was many things but not a one off unfortunatley
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:58:49 PM »

There is only so much I can stand. I won't be there on Saturday because, quite frankly, I would rather go out to work than have to endure another 90 minutes of the sh*te that was served up tonight.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 12:08:25 AM »

There is only so much I can stand. I won't be there on Saturday because, quite frankly, I would rather go out to work than have to endure another 90 minutes of the sh*te that was served up tonight.

Expected much better of an experienced football watcher like you Phil.

We played well and beat Hayes, gave a good account of ourselves at Kidderminster and deserved something.

We lose a number of key players, the ones that do play have a terrible off day on the same day and we come up against a spirited Histon side who take the chances well and do a job on us.

Suddenly we are definitely down (V of D), McKenna is clueless (Non Leaguer) and you're not bothering on Saturday.

Tonight was a very very very poor showing from every player..but we need solidarity not division.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:29:32 AM by markecky »

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 12:10:17 AM »

I will be there Saturday.

For some reason.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 12:23:45 AM »

I understand your despair Phil.. If some of the players showed half the passion of some of the fans then maybe just maybe we can get out of the deep hole we seem to be in just now.
Too many players just seem to go through the motions when things start to go tits up.
A meagre 621 folks turned out tonight and attendances will not improve any time soon unless pride passion and heart is displayed by the team.
I genuinely felt after saturday's second half display that Histon were there for the taking tonight, only to discover that Perigianni cant fkn play after being led to believe all was well for tonight.
Phil I sincerely hope after a nights kip you will wake up tomorrow and decide to come on Saturday.  I have lost count of the number of times I drive home to Shrewsbury saying that I am not going to the next match but I always find myself trapsing back up the A49 for the next game... See it out mate, f**k the country,, ALTY need your support now more than ever.

Cmon You Frustrating team....

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »

PS youv'e got to come on Saturday Phil..... You may win that fkn telly in the raffle   ;) :D

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 12:55:35 AM »

I understand people's dissapointment, but all we need right now is regulars saying they are not coming on  Saturday.Apathy in this town and Utd always on the telly is why we are in this mess in the first place
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 12:59:04 AM »

PS youv'e got to come on Saturday Phil..... You may win that fkn telly in the raffle   ;) :D
That's quite likely, since we had to buy a new telly at the time of the original scheduled draw date because the tube blew.

If I thought I was depriving the club of vital income, I'd go on Saturday. Since I'm a season ticket holder, that doesn't apply.

Every time I come off the road to watch a match, I'm depriving ME of vital income. Maybe my absence on Saturday will provoke some kind of mystical juju and we'll thrash Kettering.

I'll be back - eventually.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 01:01:09 AM »

I understand people's dissapointment, but all we need right now is regulars saying they are not coming on  Saturday.Apathy in this town and Utd always on the telly is why we are in this mess in the first place
It's not apathy Mick - it's anger and frustration. I'm passionate about "my" team - but I expect some passion in return. There was precious little displayed tonight.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 01:07:17 AM »

Points noted Phil..........someone else will get a parking space on the new apartments   ;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 07:41:23 AM »

Last night was an absolute shambles. Fact.

The defence was there for the taking every single time Histon attacked. OK, Young made 3 or 4 very crucial blocks but even he looked lost and to be honest he actually created a lot of confusion for our own defenders at the back.

OK, I understand that Carl is suspended but why the hell did Greg have to play at what was basically left back? For years it was apparent that he can't play there and i'd rather have him on the bench than at left back (and I am a massive fan of Gregs). I thought it was GH who insisted on playing him there but GH can't be blamed for putting him there last night. Surely Brown or Joseph could have played there last night thus allowing Youngy and Williams to play central because as we all know that works. Maybe I'm looking at it too simplistically but it is a proven partnership.

With injuries and suspensions it is difficult to have a consistent starting 11 but last night the first 2 names on the team sheet under the heading of "Centre Backs" should dave been Young & Williams and the rest of the back 4 should have been built around that.

When Smith comes back I assume that Greg will continue to play on the left 'cos Smithy apparently doesn't like playing on the right and he will be wasted...!

roytonmike

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 08:58:27 AM »

It grieves me to say this, but I was as ashamed of the apathetic, spineless display last night as I had been proud to be a supporter after the effort and determination of the second half at Kiddy. It was as I feared - only more so. The side that turned up was only too ready to pass the ball - and the responsibility - on to the next man at the earliest possible opportunity, so we kept shuffling sideways and backwards and allowed a side who are as much in the mire as we are to dominate and control the game. Histon thoroughly deserved to win, and by a wider margin. Few if any of ours could be said to have had a good game - Clee and Dootson up to a point, but who else? Another point - whatever the selection problems, it's criminal not to have enough names on the books to at least field a fit panel of outfield subs - are the youth team players whose names have cropped up in the CSC not registered for the League? They should be. Sorry this is a bit of a rant, but I feel let down and annoyed rather than simply frustrated. Unlike some, I will be there Saturday - but the players will have to prove that their hearts are in it all the time before they get any more than my presence. Support, for me at least, has to be earned, and this lot earned none last night whereas they earned a lot last Saturday.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 09:15:20 AM »

It grieves me to say this, but I was as ashamed of the apathetic, spineless display last night as I had been proud to be a supporter after the effort and determination of the second half at Kiddy. It was as I feared - only more so. The side that turned up was only too ready to pass the ball - and the responsibility - on to the next man at the earliest possible opportunity, so we kept shuffling sideways and backwards and allowed a side who are as much in the mire as we are to dominate and control the game. Histon thoroughly deserved to win, and by a wider margin. Few if any of ours could be said to have had a good game - Clee and Dootson up to a point, but who else? Another point - whatever the selection problems, it's criminal not to have enough names on the books to at least field a fit panel of outfield subs - are the youth team players whose names have cropped up in the CSC not registered for the League? They should be. Sorry this is a bit of a rant, but I feel let down and annoyed rather than simply frustrated. Unlike some, I will be there Saturday - but the players will have to prove that their hearts are in it all the time before they get any more than my presence. Support, for me at least, has to be earned, and this lot earned none last night whereas they earned a lot last Saturday.

Spot on that it, my thoughts exactly. The only thing I would say is that we often had to pass sideways and backwards due to the fact they closed us down so well.

Whilst there is an obvious gulf between the Youth team standard and the Conference...I would much rather have seen a young pacey kid giving his all than some of what I saw last night.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights Game