News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How one eyed can you be...

Author Topic: How one eyed can you be...  (Read 2288 times)

bighairedmike

« on: February 13, 2011, 07:00:58 PM »

"Burr's men weren't dented by that, however, and went straight back up the other end to attack. The ball found its way into the area over the shoulder of Wright who controlled it well and shaped to shoot, denied his effort by the lunging Carl Piergianni who clearly took the feet of the striker - stonewalled penalty and one of the most nailed on red cards you'll ever see for the Alty man - his team mates protests were long and and unnecessary; hardly the example for professional footballers to be setting with some 200 extra youngsters in attendance as part of Junior Teams Day..."

As someone who was not there I wouldnt normally comment on something like this but having read both sides accounts of this I find it hard to believe.

And from a reporter that makes such glaring research errors as the one in bold I would question it further.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: How one eyed can you be...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 07:14:11 PM »

It's what we are up against I'm afraid, and without the mass media coverage that higher level football gets there's not much we can do about it I think. It is certainly the reason why when I log in as an exile to the match threads generally I give the away commentaries a swerve.

Not sure if the local Alty press attend aways, it would be good if they did at least to try and provide a balance, even if equally "one-eyed".

The first game we played at Aylesbury in about 1988 I met up with an old Uni mate who worked for the local Aylesbury rag. He got me a press ticket and I sat up in the box with two of them from different papers. My mate had to provide the cover for the Pink up to about 60 mins in as they didn't send anyone down,  so I'll say that if anyone has a clip of that still it is pretty much exclusively mine, well it was his till I told him to edit it. In fairness my pal at the time knew nothing about conference football, nothing about Aylesbury and nothing about Alty....he was just told to get down there and produce a report.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 07:56:54 PM »

was just told to get down there and produce a report.

Where IS Kate Adie??

chris888

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 08:15:39 PM »

i am glad someone brought this up, i could not believe it when i saw this, typical full time football criticising part time, absolute stupidity on their behalf.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 08:20:27 PM »

There called Saunderisms or Holdsworthisms..  In other words biased views from opposition managers who basically talk bollocks.

Burr should worry about his fkn pay packet and not talk sh*te about incidents in the game.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 10:15:15 PM »

Ray

I'm not sure that they're saying that this was a direct quote from Steve Burr who was actually quite complimentary in the NLP

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 11:14:38 PM »

Ray

I'm not sure that they're saying that this was a direct quote from Steve Burr who was actually quite complimentary in the NLP

If that is indeed correct then I retract my statement and apologise to Mr Burr.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team