PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
  "le sulk "
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: "le sulk "  (Read 27034 times)

dino

"le sulk "
« on: February 12, 2011, 08:54:12 PM »

woeful first 30mins , and superb battling 2nd half.  this was just like the english weather.

Smith has been our best player over the last 2 years, but from what i saw he was guilty today of racial abuse.  i was near the incident, and clearly this is not acceptable.  The club need to clarify this, and indeed if he was sent off for racist remarks, should not play again for this club. He completely lost it last 20mins.

Young was  M.O.M by a country mile

Jenga

Re: "le sulk "
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 10:42:26 PM »

So YOU think it was racial abuse and therefore the club should clarify this?

With all due respect who are you to ask to club to clarify anything just because YOU think it was racial abuse?

As for racial abuse anyway we have seen many people use the race card to get players into trouble, perhaps Kidderminster could clarify this please and if this is the case then the player should never play for them again.

Lets assume it was racial abuse, who is to say Smithy was not subject to white racial abuse first but this was not heard, and he retaliated with his own abuse - assuming as you say it was racial abuse.

If it was not racial abuse I think you need to be VERY careful in what your saying Dino as this sort of comment can ruin a  players career if false.

Get on with playing football I say.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 10:46:32 PM by Jenga »

bumble

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 11:04:53 PM »

Say this was true :- I wouldnt want him banned forever - presuming this is a first offence

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:55:46 AM »

woeful first 30mins , and superb battling 2nd half.  this was just like the english weather.

Smith has been our best player over the last 2 years, but from what i saw he was guilty today of racial abuse.  i was near the incident, and clearly this is not acceptable.  The club need to clarify this, and indeed if he was sent off for racist remarks, should not play again for this club. He completely lost it last 20mins.

Young was  M.O.M by a country mile
Race doesnt come into it. If you were black, brown, pink  or green with yellow spots, from the comments you post on this forum you would be the same.

Sheffield Harrier

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 08:52:17 AM »

What exactly did you hear dino?

seasonticket

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 09:26:10 AM »

Posted this on another thread maybe it should have been on here.
Political correctness. What a load of bo**ocks.
So according to the goody goody PC brigade, calling somebody by a racist name, no matter under what circumstances is wrong and worthy of a lengthy ban. is worse  than a potentially bone breaking, career ending tackle. The latter often only getting a yellow card or even less. Remember Marcus Hallows anyone?
Its only words in the heat of the moment in a passionate game. Sticks and stones etc

markecky

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 09:34:43 AM »

I sense this one will run and run.

I don't think I have ever seen a post on a forum that defends racist abuse before though?

There is a massive difference between being PC and racially abusing someone.

Lets hope he didnt say it because trying to justify it almost as bad.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:48:39 AM by markecky »

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 09:45:20 AM »

I wasn't there yesterday so I don't know what happened with Smithy.

I'm not condoning racial abuse in any way, but some of the comments on here about him never playing for the club again and being banned for life ect are in my opinion, a little over the top.

IT's football, we're not looking for saints, we've had convicted criminals in the team. I think his behaviour is a fkn disgrace and he needs to sort himself out and be punished for it, but this is hardly news and for me, elbowing an opposition player in the face is a lot worse. Besides, he's hardly a neo-nazi is he, having played with many players of different races in the past (and at present).

Wasn't sure whether to put this on here, but I don't want to take the common viewpoint just because it's Politically Correct.

I am not defending James Smith or his actions, or attempting to justify racism I think he is a disgrace and needs to be punished. I just think suggestions that he never play again are somewhat OTT
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 09:50:17 AM »

I think people should be very careful with what they accuse people of without them having any official line on it and the accused any right of reply.And now you no longer hide behind the vale of anonimity dino Id make sure I my facts were 100% cast iron in these days of lega retribution.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 10:01:44 AM »

I think it's time to kick football out of racism.

John W

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 10:39:37 AM »

I wasn't there yesterday so I don't know what happened with Smithy.

IT's football, we're not looking for saints, we've had convicted criminals in the team. I think his behaviour is a fkn disgrace and he needs to sort himself out and be punished for it, but this is hardly news and for me, elbowing an opposition player in the face is a lot worse. Besides, he's hardly a neo-nazi is he, having played with many players of different races in the past (and at present).

I am not defending James Smith or his actions, or attempting to justify racism I think he is a disgrace and needs to be punished. I just think suggestions that he never play again are somewhat OTT

I wasn't there either and would only add that, whilst the during game punishment for elbowing and racist abuse are the same, the repercussions would be far greater for the latter if proven.  But I'm sure you know that anyway.

If this DOES go any further and IS proven, the club will be compelled to take a stance, notwithstanding any punishment from the league.

fatcat22363

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 10:46:13 AM »

Hi there. Racism is unacceptable full stop. We all need to be conscious of the messages we give to children(and adults) in public. Children learn by observation more strongly than any other way. Just imagine if you are from another culture and hear anti skin colour stuff. How would you feel. It makes me cringe and I am white. So we need to be very careful what happens at matches especially when Alty is a family club with a welcoming atmosphere. I don't think people would be saying the same if we had a black player who was being racially abused by another team.
Now I want to be crystal clear, I don't know what he said so he is guilty of zilch until it is known.   But to hear people defending racism is pretty sad, at such a decent club. Take a look at yourselves.
Incidentally it is also his job, and no company tolerates racism should it be so.
Apart from all this, lads seem to be playing well and hopefully will get a few results.

dino

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »

whilst i was nrear the incident  i certainly didnt hear anything.  i was merely commenting on the reaction from Kidderminster fans and some of the players.  Smith is one of our best players and i doubt anything was said.  it does need clearing up

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 12:50:11 PM »

Smith has been our best player over the last 2 years, but from what i saw he was guilty today of racial abuse.  i was near the incident, and clearly this is not acceptable.  The club need to clarify this, and indeed if he was sent off for racist remarks, should not play again for this club. He completely lost it last 20mins.

whilst i was nrear the incident  i certainly didnt hear anything.  i was merely commenting on the reaction from Kidderminster fans and some of the players.  Smith is one of our best players and i doubt anything was said.  it does need clearing up

Which is true Dino? You were near it and from what you saw he was guilty of racial abuse or you certainly didnt hear anything.

YOU NEED TO BE VERY CAREFUL IN YOUR COMMENTS ON SUCH A DELICATE SUBJECT. Who are you to call for an investigation when as far as I can see there is no complaint from kiddy????????????
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:51:57 PM by Jenga »

bumble

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 01:33:35 PM »

Can anyone clear up this -

With a tacle it or fight it can be refereed to the FA for further sanctions - could this ?

Or is the case of red card , and upto the club to the next stage of discipline?

No mention on kiddys forum surely one of them must have been close to hear it?

Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
  "le sulk "